The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Speculation) Hutton unhappy with ice time

Rush17

Package him with vanek to maximize the quality of a single player or 2 picks

After 3 Years has Hutton really improved? I think that’s where the frustration from the canucks side stems from. Stop goofing around and take your profession a little more seriously cause he has the tools 

IF we believe that he is "lazy" like the rumours are saying, and if he is really complaining about ice time...Then I'm fine shipping him out. You don't want those kind of guys on your team. Especially with the amount of youth we're going to have over the next couple of years.

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Green said that Hutton needs to commit to office ice professional habits.  We have a few guys in that category: Hutton, Jake (who appears to have figured that part out) and Pouliot. I don't have the quotes from Green at hand, but I have heard/read him say as much.

So much for the twins work ethic rubbing off on the youngsters....

2 minutes ago, Stelar said:

you can offer something, but whether it is received is up to that person.

On the other hand - Horvat, Baertschi, Granlund, Virtanen, Stecher, Boeser, Gaunce.....has the Sedin off ice work ethic rubbed off on them? 

5 minutes ago, Stelar said:

I think the Twins work ethic does affect the young guys.  I heard Jake mention about how hard the Twins work off ice, and (now) Jake is in top condition.   Maybe Hutton needs a bit more time to accept changing his off ice behavior is key?  I wouldn't want him traded unless we get back a Nick Ritchie kind of guy - young and has good potential.

What happened to Hutton? His rookie year was one of the most exciting for any defense prospect we've had. I remember he was smooth, fast, shifty, and smart. He would frequently skate the puck out of trouble beautifully and lead daring rushes. 

Now we never really see that. His game has lost all it's personality and seems to now have no real identity. Did he try to bulk up and as a result damage all his best traits(speed, agility)?

Fortunately it wasn't an issue as Stecher has essentially replaced him.

40 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Hutton to Buffalo for Justin Bailey.  (sorry, for repeating myself, but.....it seems inevitable that he's dealt).

Hey Garth, look at the cap savings!  Will come in handy for re-signing JT.

I submit that Hutton's regression is a potential result of his lack of signature winking since his successful rookie season...

His first season was outstanding. He showed speed, confidence, and his demeanor made him a fan favourite. The last 2 seasons he hasn't even stunted, he's completely regressed. He's slow, lacks confidence, get's beat badly on a regular basis, and that same jovial attitude that won so many fans over is now seen as a sign of him not working hard enough or not taking things seriously enough. He's become annoying. 

If there's any team dumb enough to offer anything for him, take it and run. 

Unfortunately he's still living off the coat tails of his first season. He was great and looked promising. But you have to keep growing or else the game will grow around you and learn how to shut you down Hutty....Sadly he has not learned much past his first season. Maybe not regressed, just stagenated. Teams know how to play him and pressure him properly now. Lots of players get into the NHL and have a great first season, but then dissapear because teams learn how to start shutting down that player.

You need to grow and learn to be elite, always finding a way to add things to your tool box. If you don't then you may be good enough for bottom pairing roles, but soon wear out your welcome for an up and comming new shiny toy, then all the sudden your a bottom pairing NHL journey man going from team to team looking for a spot to play... It happens that quickly if you don't have the right mind set to keep getting better.

8 d-men, 2 gotta sit. Unfortunately Pouliot has proven to do what Hutton did except better/more consistently. I don’t see the coaching staff playing 2 lefties together 5 on 5 either. So he’s gotta sit.

Boston wanted him apparently. 2nd rounder reclamation project cost. Jim would be my hero if he pulled that off.

Archived