-Vintage Canuck-

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Vegas Golden Knights

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, gameburn said:

If Seattle gets the same entrance deal that Vegas got... Seattle will win the cup before us!!  And we'll be close by to see it.  Some of us may even have season tickets there lol.

Rub it in even more nice lol! But still not the same imo, especially being American just isn't right. As much as I don't like some Canadian teams I'd still pick a Canadian team over an American team every day, it's a North South border thing for me at the end of the day it's all about Canada :gocan:

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, the_impersonator13 said:

He was referring to Cloutier and his 2 students. 

Yeah, I sure hope they don’t bring up Demko - I’d hate to see Cloutier get hold of him.

On the other hand, Gudbranson was stumbling around out there like a drunk celebrating a new job he wasn’t qualified for.  He managed to actually wipe out Nilsson twice resulting in goals?  Out there for four against, looking lost and confused on each one?  Wow.  Who was that guy out there with him pretending to be Edler?

Edited by Ray_Cathode
Had something extra i needed to say

Can we just pile Nilsson’s gear on the goal line? I feel like we’d get move saves by that or even a shooter tutor...

2 hours ago, R.Dahlin26 said:

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e617773

Lol yeah right. This team doesn’t draft players who aren’t push overs.

2 hours ago, the_impersonator13 said:

200 Goals against already. Pathetic. I hope they don't let Cloutier anywhere near Demko.

Cloutier's not the reason Nilsson is a backup goalie.

I might skip Sundays game.  If we do a trade get a new guy I'll watch.  If nothing happens on Monday I may consider just watching the condensed footage.  The constant losing no new shiny toys to watch is actually making me depressed after games.  Might be break time for a short bit. Next yr we Will have Juolevi, hope fully Pettersson, Demko maybe dahlen.

I can get excited then.

On a side note of positivity, it looks like we could use some of it...

Baertschi-Gagner-Virtanen were buzzing like crazy tonight together.  Thought they were really good together.  May have found ourselves a good secondary scoring line, if we can also get Horvat-Boeser a consistent Left winger.

3 minutes ago, Adarsh Sant said:

What was Sportsnet saying about guddy?

5 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Cloutier's not the reason Nilsson is a backup goalie.

No...your right. He is a good part of the reason we have 2 back up goalies and no starter. :rolleyes:

• Hydration 1

23 minutes ago, the_impersonator13 said:

No...your right. He is a good part of the reason we have 2 back up goalies and no starter. :rolleyes:

Well no. He's not in charge of player transactions. He's not the one who signed Nilsson. He's not the reason the team wasn't attractive enough for Miller to stay. (or any better options to decide to come here). Markstrom is more capable than Nilsson I think but it doesn't matter because he's not a legit good NHL starter (average starter I would say) and the team infront of him still sucks.

One thing I'll say is, I wish Cloutier would work more with Nilsson on not going down so quickly on every shot. On the 2nd goal he's down well in advance of the shot, on the two he was beat clean he was dropping in a hurry. Last game he got beat upstairs similarly by Rantanen and Mackinnon. He has size but he still can't be constantly dropping. 

Edited by Smashian Kassian
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, DeNiro said:

They better do it this season otherwise their window is already starting to close next season.

They have big contracts to sign and no depth in the system.

i have seen you say this before

but you are just making this up to suit your narrative

they are doing fine with somewhat limited depth and no anchor contracts

they are simply wasting no money

they have 17 players signed, and if the salary cap goes to 80 million

they will have almost 40 million in available salary cap space...

http://www.spotrac.com/nhl/vegas-golden-knights/cap/2018/

i have no idea how you arrive at your bleak forecast and conclusions regarding vegas ?

i wish the canucks had their problems

• Hydration 2

Edited by mll

The goals scored on Nilsson reminds me of Cloutier.

Cloutier was super athletic goalie who made saves on what looked like sure goals but wasn't able to stop the average shots.

Nilsson had so many holes open here and there.

Luongo or Schneider would not have allowed more than 2 tonight. 

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Well no. He's not in charge of player transactions. He's not the one who signed Nilsson. He's not the reason the team wasn't attractive enough for Miller to stay. (or any better options to decide to come here). Markstrom is more capable than Nilsson I think but it doesn't matter because he's not a legit good NHL starter (average starter I would say) and the team infront of him still sucks.

One thing I'll say is, I wish Cloutier would work more with Nilsson on not going down so quickly on every shot. On the 2nd goal he's down well in advance of the shot, on the two he was beat clean he was dropping in a hurry. Last game he got beat upstairs similarly by Rantanen and Mackinnon. He has size but he still can't be constantly dropping. 

I guess Nilsson learned well on how to make yourself small in net.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

On a side note of positivity, it looks like we could use some of it...

Baertschi-Gagner-Virtanen were buzzing like crazy tonight together.  Thought they were really good together.  May have found ourselves a good secondary scoring line, if we can also get Horvat-Boeser a consistent Left winger.

Can we bring Dahlen over from Allsvenskan?

I read somewhere that coming to NA to join Utica is an option for him before the end of the season. If so, maybe he can join the Canucks directly rather than AHL.

I also wonder how Daniel Sedin would look with Horvat and Boeser. A playmaker winger with good shot. A bit slow but Horvat can do the grunt work on that line.

45 minutes ago, Adarsh Sant said:
giphy.gif

Goldobin and Bo share some of the blame for letting a guy skate right in and score imo.The rest were all trying to do their job

• Upvote 3

50 minutes ago, Adarsh Sant said:

giphy.gif

I don't think that's Guddy's fault on this goal, it's either Edler or Horvat because Guddy's check is on the puck-carrier while Edler was supposed to cover for any potential pass but instead, he chased the puck-carrier when he already have him covered.  Edler made a poor read.  Goldy is not responsible for this goal, his job is to cover the point.  

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 2