The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Scan to PDF

blinky123

anyone know anything about scanning to PDF - my home scanner scans to jpeg but the files are just too large - i could buy a stand alone scanner that scans to PDF, but there seems to be some apps all over amazon that are free, but i don't know how they work - any help would be appreciated

7 minutes ago, blinky123 said:

anyone know anything about scanning to PDF - my home scanner scans to jpeg but the files are just too large - i could buy a stand alone scanner that scans to PDF, but there seems to be some apps all over amazon that are free, but i don't know how they work - any help would be appreciated

go into your settings and change it to save as a PDF instead of a JPEG. All scanners should be set default to scan as a PDF looks like someone changed it for you. Regardless, just change it back.

If you can't figure that out then just download the iscanner or similar app, there are a lot, and scan the document with your phone and save it as a PDF. I use my phone to scan everything now.

17 minutes ago, blinky123 said:

There is a new app called AdobeScan that allows you to convert to PDF from your phone.

21 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

go into your settings and change it to save as a PDF instead of a JPEG. All scanners should be set default to scan as a PDF looks like someone changed it for you. Regardless, just change it back.

If you can't figure that out then just download the iscanner or similar app, there are a lot, and scan the document with your phone and save it as a PDF. I use my phone to scan everything now.

thanks, peaches5 - when i go into advanced scanning i can save as a pdf and reduce the resolution to make the file smaller - the default setting is jpeg at a high resolution - thanks for your help 

Archived