The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rumour - Bruins front runner for Nash

Dombrova22

2 hours ago, Fateless said:

They need a team to take cap to make room.

Wish we knew a team that was willing to take a bad contract in exchange for futures. :mellow:

Who would the Bruins move as a bad contract? And there are NMCs on a lot of their higher end contracts, or the player who might be considered is not someone who the Bruins would really want to move

It looks like the Bruins would have to move several contracts to make room for Nash. The Rangers could take the caphit and the additional contracts in return for Nash..

regards,  G.

12 minutes ago, Gollumpus said:

Who would the Bruins move as a bad contract? And there are NMCs on a lot of their higher end contracts, or the player who might be considered is not someone who the Bruins would really want to move

It looks like the Bruins would have to move several contracts to make room for Nash. The Rangers could take the caphit and the additional contracts in return for Nash..

regards,  G.

Matt Belesky is buried in the minors and has 2 more years left on his deal. Makes just under 4m for a cap hit I believe. That guy can barely put up points in the AHL. 1 decent year then poof disappears. I would stand clear of Maroon, Anaheim gave him up and he has only produced due to McDavid imo

5 minutes ago, Yotes said:

Matt Belesky is buried in the minors and has 2 more years left on his deal. Makes just under 4m for a cap hit I believe. That guy can barely put up points in the AHL. 1 decent year then poof disappears. I would stand clear of Maroon, Anaheim gave him up and he has only produced due to McDavid imo

Yeah, Belesky would be a start so the Bruins only have around $5.5 million to make up. Perhaps one of Miller/McQuaid gets them almost half of that amount.

regards,  G.

1 minute ago, Gollumpus said:

Yeah, Belesky would be a start so the Bruins only have around $5.5 million to make up. Perhaps one of Miller/McQuaid gets them almost half of that amount.

regards,  G.

NYR likely retaining half of the 7.8 cap hit for remainder of season I assume to maximize the return

1 minute ago, Rush17 said:

I want Nash dealt so things can pick up.  I think there are way too many teams waiting for the Nash chip to fall. want to see it done so we can see more moves.

Nash then E. Kane they are the 2 top pending FA F holding up the market

2 minutes ago, gerry35 said:

Not a fan of Nash or Kane. Neither of them are worth the price of what it will cost a team to acquire them. But as soon as they are dealt the Vanek trade could happen so lets get it done ;)

I just hope the Canucks are smart and sit Vanek tomorrow regardless if they are in trade talks or not. Not worth the risk of him getting hurt, many other teams have done it, we should follow with having Vanek sit vs Arizona tomorrow

Do not know who this guy is but found this on hf boards.

he's verified has Boston images in bg. Possibly Bruin's content mgr? not 100% help me find out peeps.

Here is a second tweet adding now:

This is where Jim can come in :) c'mon Jimbo!

2 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Do not know who this guy is but found this on hf boards.

he's verified has Boston images in bg. Possibly Bruin's content mgr? not 100% help me find out peeps.

Here is a second tweet adding now:

This is where Jim can come in :) c'mon Jimbo!

That would equate to two firsts for a rental of Nash. Stupid. Hope the Bruins do it. 

Archived