The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Value of Tanev to Toronto (Poll)

Rush17

Value of Tanev to Toronto  

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have seen leaf fans agreeing to an offer like this:

Vancouver:
1st 2018 (Pick 17/31)
2nd 2018 (Pick 46-62)
2nd 2019 (or SJS 2018)

Rasanen (Pick #59 in 2017)

Toronto:
Chris Tanev

Which isn't great but it isn't terrible. Pick #'s are based on them making the playoffs. Essentially a mid to late 1st and 2 x 2nds possibly 2 this season. Along with a kid drafted in the late 2nd.  So Jim may of had him in the 3rd round potentially.  Big right handed D man from Finland. 6 foot 7.  Not like we need another one lol.  I'm sure that part can be swapped out.  I asked for Bracco it was a fifty / fifty split on switching him out for that prospect. So obviously that is a small sample size but its interesting.   Tell me what you guys think. (Some leaf fans only agree if Martin is taken as a cap dump)

We need future D more than anything. Rasanen, and 1-2 of those picks will do a lot to address that.

Considering Juolevi was the first D taken with a 1st since Bourdon, and we haven't used a 2nd on a D since Yann Sauve, this would do a lot to address our weakness.

That said, considering it its not much more than Ottawa got for Brassard (Tanev younger, and has an extra year on his contract), I said "possibly". My inclination is to say yes, but could maybe squeeze a bit more. Especially if we're taking Martin's contract (which I'm not opposed to).

16 minutes ago, groovy said:

Liljegren and two second rounders.

Every leaf fan I have polled say the conversation stops with Lilegren.  They are 100% unwilling to package Lilegren for Chris Tanev. 

We came to this deal based off the Harmonic deal. They wanted to just pay with picks. Lou may consider it not sure.

That offer is more than what the islanders got for Hamonic (Hamonic and a 4th for a 1st and two 2nd’s) 

it’s probably more than market value on Tanev considering his overall durability issues and the fact that he’s currently hurt again. If Vancouver is ready to move on from Tanev, that offer is more than fair.  You take it and run. 

5 hours ago, Rush17 said:

Vancouver:
1st 2018 (Pick 17/31)
2nd 2018 (Pick 46-62)
2nd 2019 (or SJS 2018)

Toronto:
Chris Tanev

Which isn't great but it isn't terrible. Pick #'s are based on them making the playoffs. Essentially a mid to late 1st and 2 x 2nds possibly 2 this season. Along with a kid drafted in the late 2nd.  So Jim may of had him in the 3rd round potentially.  Big right handed D man from Finland. 6 foot 7.  Not like we need another one lol.  I'm sure that part can be swapped out.  I asked for Bracco it was a fifty / fifty split on switching him out for that prospect. So obviously that is a small sample size but its interesting.   Tell me what you guys think. (Some leaf fans only agree if Martin is taken as a cap dump)

I’ve seen this deal with Martin in it being accepted by quite a few Toronto fans on hfboards. I’d love this return! I’d do this deal easy!

I love the idea of a rebuilding team collecting extra picks.  Having these extra picks would give JB the option to move up, or trade down depending on the players he wants.

Don't want anything to do with Littlegren.  Guy is the next Philip Larsen.  

GET THE PICKS JB

4 hours ago, D-Money said:

We need future D more than anything. Rasanen, and 1-2 of those picks will do a lot to address that.

Considering Juolevi was the first D taken with a 1st since Bourdon, and we haven't used a 2nd on a D since Yann Sauve, this would do a lot to address our weakness.

That said, considering it its not much more than Ottawa got for Brassard (Tanev younger, and has an extra year on his contract), I said "possibly". My inclination is to say yes, but could maybe squeeze a bit more. Especially if we're taking Martin's contract (which I'm not opposed to).

my thoughts too.... if that was the final offer at 11:59 on Monday I'd be OK with it. If there could be a smaller hockey trade attached to it where we could move Hutton for another forward prospect that would be a nice addition to it. 

8 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

my thoughts too.... if that was the final offer at 11:59 on Monday I'd be OK with it. If there could be a smaller hockey trade attached to it where we could move Hutton for another forward prospect that would be a nice addition to it. 

With the emergence of Dermott and Borgman, they have absolutely no need for Hutton.

13 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I love the idea of a rebuilding team collecting extra picks.  Having these extra picks would give JB the option to move up, or trade down depending on the players he wants.

Don't want anything to do with Littlegren.  Guy is the next Philip Larsen.  

GET THE PICKS JB

:lol:

you gotta explain that one 

6 hours ago, Rush17 said:

Vancouver:
1st 2018 (Pick 17/31)
2nd 2018 (Pick 46-62)
2nd 2019 (or SJS 2018)

Toronto:
Chris Tanev

Even without Liljegren involved in this offer, I think this would still be an acceptable offer. Most want Liljegran, 1st and 2nd/prospect/depth dman. With a 1st, 2 2nds & prospect (or basically 1st, 3 2nds) I think it is still a deal worth taking. Don't know much about Rasanen, except that he's huge and putting up decent numbers in Kingston. Wtih 4-5 picks in the first 2 rounds (depending on whether that 2nd pick is T.O.'s or SJ's) we could really address our defensive needs and forward needs early on. It would definitely allow JB to do what he does best without having to worry so much on need. He could easily spread the picks around to address different positions while still being able to take BPA.

1 minute ago, Rush17 said:

That's me on there :)

Good work! Hopefully both GMs see the agreement amongst fans because I feel like you’ve gotten Toronto fans liking a deal that might favor the rebuilding Canucks! Two years of Tanev while we’re a bad rebuilding team < 1rst, 2nd, 2nd, Rasanen and Martin! Heck if Martin has an okay year on the 4th line next year you can probably trade him for a 5th-7th rounder. I feel like I’d still be stoked if that trade didn’t have Rasanen or one of the 2nds. Hoping this gets done!

3 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

They still have SJS 2nd and their 2019 2nd :)

I don't think management is in a rush to move picks though. :( Moved theirs cause they had an extra second rounder. Having no picks in the first 2 rounds is probably not what they want. I imagine if they are in the hunt for a top 4 D-man it'll involve JVR as the main piece out. At least in my opinion.

Archived