The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

{WAIVERS} CHRIS STEWART ON WAIVERS PICKED UP BY CALGARY

depending on how far Gaudettes team goes he might not have any time left to join the Canucks. Can join Utica though, which is what I am hoping for.

I wouldn't mind Stewart to finish the year here. See if he can play a physical game? But think the Wild knew a playoff team would claim him thats why they waived him. Canucks need to make trades to reduce roster size not increase it

14 minutes ago, Yotes said:

depending on how far Gaudettes team goes he might not have any time left to join the Canucks. Can join Utica though, which is what I am hoping for.

I wouldn't mind Stewart to finish the year here. See if he can play a physical game? But think the Wild knew a playoff team would claim him thats why they waived him. Canucks need to make trades to reduce roster size not increase it

If they move Vanek they lose a lot of size and physical play......Stewart can fill that need for a cpl months.

1 hour ago, stawns said:

If the Canucks move Vanek, Stewart would be a decent replacement for the rest of the season

Sure, and if not we'll send Goldy back down to make room.  Grab Burrows, then fire Jake back to Utica, too.  Leave Gaudette out until camp.

What other has-been trash is out there that we can help teams out with?  Maybe we can pry Bele$ky out of the Rangers now?

3 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Sure, and if not we'll send Goldy back down to make room.  Grab Burrows, then fire Jake back to Utica, too.  Leave Gaudette out until camp.

What other has-been trash is out there that we can help teams out with?  Maybe we can pry Bele$ky out of the Rangers now?

Stewart's free and a UFA, it's about as low risk, low impact as you can possibly get.

3 hours ago, Yotes said:

To go to Utica, Gaudette needs to sign a 2018-19 ELC (a pro contract effective next season) and a 2017-18 ATO (amateur tryout for this season). That’s a pretty rare move for a drafted college player with any kind of status. Werenski (IIRC) did it but most others opt for the late season NHL deal to collect their signing bonuses and burn a year off their ELC.

12 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

To go to Utica, Gaudette needs to sign a 2018-19 ELC (a pro contract effective next season) and a 2017-18 ATO (amateur tryout for this season). That’s a pretty rare move for a drafted college player with any kind of status. Werenski (IIRC) did it but most others opt for the late season NHL deal to collect their signing bonuses and burn a year off their ELC.

I think that's a small price to bring Gaudette to the pro's.  That said, it means nothing for next season.  There's a very good chance he's in Utica next October.

2 hours ago, kenhodgejr said:

Proposal: Markus Granlund and Goldobin going to be traded to Minnesota for Jordan Greenway  

Fletcher made it known that Greenway, Kunin and Kaprisov are unavailable.  They are waiving Stewart so that they have cap space to bring up Kunin and sign Greenway.

I wanted Stewie for YEARS. Exactly what this team needs in its forward group.

6'2 and 242 pounds of toughness and grit. Him and Reaves are the 2 top dogs when it comes to fighting ability and playing a regular shift that are left in the NHL.

Yes he is inconsistent, but I would pick him up in an instant for the sheer size and toughness he brings. He has big offensive upside and it showed earlier in his career. Fell off for a number of reasons. 

16 minutes ago, GarthButcher5 said:

I liked the 2010 Stewart, not so sure about the 2018 Stewart. 

I'd rather leave the roster space open for the Canucks youth to play. Besides, Archie is up with the big team anyway.

Kinda like Edler. I liked the 2011 Edler. Not sure he’s been of NHL quality for 6 or so seasons.

27 minutes ago, GarthButcher5 said:

I liked the 2010 Stewart, not so sure about the 2018 Stewart. 

I'd rather leave the roster space open for the Canucks youth to play. Besides, Archie is up with the big team anyway.

Stewie >>> Archie

4 hours ago, RRypien37 said:

I wanted Stewie for YEARS. Exactly what this team needs in its forward group.

6'2 and 242 pounds of toughness and grit. Him and Reaves are the 2 top dogs when it comes to fighting ability and playing a regular shift that are left in the NHL.

Yes he is inconsistent, but I would pick him up in an instant for the sheer size and toughness he brings. He has big offensive upside and it showed earlier in his career. Fell off for a number of reasons. 

He’s also reportedly great in the room and a very popular teammate. Reports are that Minny’s players are really sad to see him go. I’d actually be very open to adding him if we are moving a forward out at the deadline. Would even consider him for next year if the Sedins and Vanek are gone and we could use a veteran leader. Still skates fairly well for his size and can chip in around 10 goals a season. Plus he could provide loads of protection for our incoming younger, skilled players.

Archived