The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(trade} Plekanek to Toronto

2 hours ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Terrible deal. Leafs $&!# the bed on this one. Old man Plekanac for the playoff run? lol.. 

They add Plekanec. They keep JVR and Bozak.  Yet their fans refuse to add to the one area they need the most.  Defense.  A shot suppression Defensemen at that.   Who has the best available shot suppression D man... hmmm..

6 hours ago, qwijibo said:

Markov could have still contributed this year considering the tire fire Montreal’s defence has been. But yeah. you have the move Plekanec and get those assets.  There’s still a chance Plekanec plays his 1000 game as a Hab if they bring him back (at a greatly reduced salary) via free agency 

Sounds like a high price for a guy that has agreed to sign back with Montreal if true. As for Plekanec's career, it will forever be stained with Leaf colours. Thank goodness the Sedins won't have that on their record.

5 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Hmm..TBay must have something planned, with the 2 div-rivals making moves?

Also, Philly seems quiet..but with their overachieving yr, perhaps they make a big move(Simmonds out too)?

Just awoke here(Asia time) to all these moves occurring..gotta play catch-up!

not sure why TB would be too concerned

both their 'rivals' overspent on declining rentals.

TB on the other hand is still better than eiither of them and is relatively stinking asset wealthy - whereas Toronto is spending their future - the second year runnng they spent 2nd round picks - this time on a 35 year old.  At least he'll fit right in i with Hainsey, Marleau, Moore.  #proper-rebuild.

10 minutes ago, oldnews said:

not sure why TB would be too concerned

both their 'rivals' overspent on declining rentals.

TB on the other hand is still better than eiither of them and is relatively stinking asset wealthy - whereas Toronto is spending their future - the second year runnng they spent 2nd round picks - this time on a 35 year old.  At least he'll fit right in i with Hainsey, Marleau, Moore.  #proper-rebuild.

Still could see them adding..with how much Pitt has awoken. Bet they'd like CT, quite a bit.

14 hours ago, qwijibo said:

What the hell is Benning doing right now? He better get some draft picks out of this deadline, if he does not then it would be a total failure for the Canucks. I was disappointed that they signed Gudbranson instead of trading him for something, anything. All I saw was Benning trying to cover up his mistake but it only made it worst in the end. I just hope he doesn't sign the Sedins again.

13 hours ago, iinatcc said:

basically Nash has 28 points this season , Plekanek has 24 points.

Vaenk has 41 points.

Looks like Vancouver will get a pretty good bounty for trading Vanek before the deadline 

I'd take Vanek over Nash who is useless in big games and old man turtleneck wearing Plekanek. At least Vanek shows emotions unlike those 2.

Archived