The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(waivers) Burrows

qwijibo

He hasn’t performed, but it is really sad to see a great team guy and warrior go out like this.

If Ottawa wants to save dollars (they are cheap),  they can give us their third to take him on for the end of his contract and retire with dignity as a Canuck.

He is a fine 4th line/depth/on ice coach for a year to help hold the kids accountable and be a loud voice in the room which we don’t seem to have right now.

3 minutes ago, Provost said:

He hasn’t performed, but it is really sad to see a great team guy and warrior go out like this.

If Ottawa wants to save dollars (they are cheap),  they can give us their third to take him on for the end of his contract and retire with dignity as a Canuck.

He is a fine 4th line/depth/on ice coach for a year to help hold the kids accountable and be a loud voice in the room which we don’t seem to have right now.

That's your heart talking not reason. As much as I love burrows, there is no room for him on the roster now. Benning absolutely robbed Ottawa last TDL by getting Dahlen. 

3 minutes ago, Kushman said:

That's your heart talking not your brain. As much as I love burrows, there is no room for him on the roster now. Benning absolutely robbed Ottawa last TDL by getting Dahlen. 

Maybe... but I am also all for weaponizing our cap space by gathering assets in return for bad contracts... and argued that before Burrows.

if there is room for Dowd on our roster, there is room for Burrows.

Just now, Provost said:

Maybe... but I am also all for aesoonizing our cap space by gathering assets in return for bad contracts... and argued that before Burrows.

if there is room for Dowd on our roster, there is room for Burrows.

but not the cap space.  Per CapFriendly, Canucks deadline cap space expressed in full salary is 2.26M.  

Archived