The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(waivers) Burrows

qwijibo

1 minute ago, hammertime said:

Exactly this. Having Burr in Utica would be worth the cap just to call him up for the last game of the season and watch him retire along side the Sedins.

1. Waivers don't work that way -- Ottawa could just reclaim him.

2. He has another year on his contract.

3. We'd have another $1.5mil of cap used even if in Utica.

I don't get it, aren't we trying to rebuild and move this team FORWARD?  Haven't fans been wailing and crying for a rebuild, now it's come to this?

1 minute ago, Pete M said:

or trade or waive MDZ ...the minus magnet

I might get flamed for saying this, but I don't mind MDZ. His mess ups are really bad to watch but overall I like his compete level, he is trying out there. I still think there will be a decent trade market for him next year if we are out of play off contention. Hell, if Brandon Davidson can get Edmonton a 3rd round pick MDZ can get us that at the very least. Good contract with good term. Very tradable. But I don't think Green wants him traded, so I doubt he goes this year.

7 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

I don't get it, aren't we trying to rebuild and move this team FORWARD?  Haven't fans been wailing and crying for a rebuild, now it's come to this?

But Burrows is a forward. :ph34r:

3 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Ottawa’s owner is known for being cheap. When rebuilding you have cap space. The only way I’d be down for Burrows back is if we got a draft pick or prospect coming back. Boston just gave up more to move Beleskey. Like maybe once Burrows clears make a trade of Burrows and a 2nd for a 5th rounder. Obviously that might not be the perfect value but something along those lines. It’s not very often you can take on a cap dump that’s already treasured in the organization.

4 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

I don't think Burr would be a cap issue tho. They could swallow it if they got some decent picks in return. I know what you're saying about re-entry waivers tho, if we called him up he would have to go through them again.

I'd rather keep him in Utica this year to help with the playoff push. Next year i'd keep him down there in a mentorship role. I still remember how important Mike Keane was to Manitoba and it's players back then. He was an ex stanly cup champ from Dallas, he was I think 38 when he joined them and played till 42ish I think, a good 4-5 years of mentoring our guys down there. He mentored guys like Burr, Kes, Bieksa, Schnieder, Edler...on and on. Burrows can be like this for us in Utica. He would be instrumental in seasoning our new influx of youth coming in next year and prepping them for the big time.

Then at the end of next season, call him up for a few scratch games and retire him properly. Unviel the bronze stature of him firing the arrow at the front entrance of Rogers arena. Everyone crys and hugs, then moves on to the NEW CANUCKS ERA!

Ottawa is on the Tank..  seems they don’t have a plan..   melting it down ..   that dressing room must be awfully gloomy.

Get the sense that the players have realized this at the half season mark..  perhaps some good reclamation projects there.

Excluding Burrows.   

Didnt they give away a ton of picks last season.?     if so, that’s stinky.

27 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Yes I'm aware of all this I'm saying if he clears!

Since the Sedins are coming back next year will be another tank job anyway. Squeeze Dorian for say a 4th to take him off their hands. Leave Burr in Utica mentoring the yute and call him up at the end of next season for a waive off. The aquatic hombres would make their money back in Burrchendise alone.

7 minutes ago, BabychStache said:

Actually, I don’t think Burr should land here. Go to Anaheim, reunite the three amigos and light up the west. 

I'd be happy with that tbh.

As much as I love Burr I wouldn't take him with that extra year on his contract. If Ottawa traded him to us with a decent pick for Hutton I'd consider it but I can't see Ottawa moving picks.

Archived