The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Feb 25th Full list

86Viking

Bob McKenzieVerified account @TSNBobMcKenzie
FollowFollow @TSNBobMcKenzie
More

Waivers today: Holland (NYR) clears. Chris Breen (BOS), Paul Postma (BOS), Jussi Jokinen (CBJ), Cody Golobeuf (CgY), Lance Bouma (CHI), Chris Stewart (MIN), Alex Burrows (OTT) on waivers.

9:05 AM - 25 Feb 2018

26 replies225 retweets221 likes

Retweet

Also on waivers: James O’Brien (OTT), Johnny Oduya (OTT), Mark Alt (PHI), John Muse (PHI), Chris Thorburn (STL).

Michael RussoVerified account @RussoHockey
FollowFollow @RussoHockey
More

Michael Russo Retweeted Michael Russo

I believe Chris Stewart has left arena. As I wrote in this article, my math tells me #mnwildNHL_2017_2018_MNwild.png have to unload a salaried player if they plan to recall Kunin at some point, sign Greenway, save space for injuries. Looks like Stewart may be casualty of waivers

Just now, komodo0921 said:

Reclaim Burrows.

Let him retire a Canuck. 

Until this season, he was still producing third-line numbers.

Could also move back into top six when injuries start.

Burrows would be a 4th line mentor to the young guys and a PK player. We need youth to fill top 6/9 roles not let retreads come back and block them.

Like Burrows, if we can swing a deal to send salary that would make me happy. But I assume JB has no interest in Burr, who not have traded Hutton for him and a pick?

3 minutes ago, Yotes said:

Burrows would be a 4th line mentor to the young guys and a PK player. We need youth to fill top 6/9 roles not let retreads come back and block them.

Like Burrows, if we can swing a deal to send salary that would make me happy. But I assume JB has no interest in Burr, who not have traded Hutton for him and a pick?

My biggest fear is these players are going to block JB's ability to deal. 

19 minutes ago, komodo0921 said:

Reclaim Burrows.

Let him retire a Canuck. 

Until this season, he was still producing third-line numbers.

Could also move back into top six when injuries start.

He has another year on his contract for over $2million.  Or, we bring back the Sedins too and just put off the rebuild another year.

This isn't a retirement home or charity.

7 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

He has another year on his contract for over $2million.  Or, we bring back the Sedins too and just put off the rebuild another year.

This isn't a retirement home or charity.

Like I said; until this season, he was still producing and earning his salary. 

Hardly a "charity" situation.

Getting back into a Nucks uni for one more season would jack him up. I'd have to think he'd be stoked to get home.

As I don't see the likes of Pettersson, Dahlen or Gaudette on a fourth line, I see no damage being done here.

4 minutes ago, MikeBossy said:

I second this! or wait I third this? :P  Bouma would be a solid addition for the team.

He's expiring, cheap; and he's a heavy presence.  If we dump a few veteran forward placeholders, then Bouma's a good option to bring in for a few months - bring in Gaudette, let a few of the young guys get their feet wet - but with some pushback in the lineup / in a safer working environment.   Who cares about the results?  Stealth/M.A.S.H. tanking anyhow. 

2 minutes ago, oldnews said:

He's expiring, cheap; and he's a heavy presence.  If we dump a few veteran forward placeholders, then Bouma's a good option to bring in for a few months - bring in Gaudette, let a few of the young guys get their feet wet - but with some pushback in the lineup / in a safer working environment.   Who cares about the results?  Stealth/M.A.S.H. tanking anyhow. 

Agree 100% - this is why I was happy with the Gudbranson signing. With the prospects we have coming up through the system (Petterson) or already playing for us (Boeser) we need to ensure other teams don't take liberties with them and guys like Bouma/Archibald etc limit this happening.

Archived