The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Sabres trade Evander Kane to Sharks for Dan O'Reagan, 2019 conditional 1st-round pick, 2020 4th-round pick

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

Completely agree on his personality 'issues' IMO.

I have no idea on whether he'll sign here or not but IMO we should certainly kick those tires. SJS may be a playoff team now but they're heading for a retool/rebuild soon without much in the prospect pool. We're a heck of a lot closer to the end of our rebuild than they are :lol:

No, we're not 'one Kane away' but him added to our existing pieces sure wouldn't hurt.

True, adding a Kane wouldn't necessarily hurt. I'd have 0 issues if we picked him up. But I'd also like a few spots to be reserved for youngsters. I know it's taboo to want kids "handed" spots, but we need to start getting some kids in there.

1 minute ago, N7Nucks said:

True, adding a Kane wouldn't necessarily hurt. I'd have 0 issues if we picked him up. But I'd also like a few spots to be reserved for youngsters. I know it's taboo to want kids "handed" spots, but we need to start getting some kids in there.

Nothing gets 'reserved' for youngsters. They either beat other guys out of jobs or they don't.

Either way, I'm not turning down adding Kane for a reasonable term and VASTLY improving my top 6 so some kid can be gifted a spot. If a kid can make a guy like Gagner or Gaunce or Baer or Granlund etc expendable (and hence tradeable)...then by all means. That's no reason to not add Kane though.

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

Nothing gets 'reserved' for youngsters. They either beat other guys out of jobs or they don't.

Either way, I'm not turning down adding Kane for a reasonable term and VASTLY improving my top 6 so some kid can be gifted a spot. If a kid can make a guy like Gagner or Gaunce or Baer or Granlund etc expendable (and hence tradeable)...then by all means. That's no reason to not add Kane though.

True, true. Shouldn't try force anything for the young guys. I am just impatient with getting kids out there. Lol.

2 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

True, true. Shouldn't try force anything for the young guys. I am just impatient with getting kids out there. Lol.

Hopefully we get to see both ;) (or if not Kane, perhaps a trade for someone with a similar skill set).

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Hutton Wink said:

Kane with two goals and 5 SOG after two periods in his first NHL playoff game, on the road...

Well I know myself and some others have liked the idea of Kane as a Canuck for a long time now and figured he could really help.

He's definitely proving us right and all those fans hacking him down to the ground saying he'd do next to nothing right and him being a cancer dead wrong.

48 minutes ago, The Big Luongo said:

Well I know myself and some others have liked the idea of Kane as a Canuck for a long time now and figured he could really help.

He's definitely proving us right and all those fans hacking him down to the ground saying he'd do next to nothing right and him being a cancer dead wrong.

... those guys are called “fackers”.

Those fackers usually change their mind, or eventually shut up..

the rest are just a facking waste of time.

On 3/30/2018 at 4:07 AM, aGENT said:

IF Kane were a reasonable price and if he could handle being back in his hometown and not let his off-ice become a "room" thing, you cannot ignore the talent he can bring to a team.   He is not a POS player (plays hard but clean) but is almost the polar opposite to a player like Horvat (can you picture Horvat posting pic from a private jet or rolling around on a bed of money?) and that can be a challenge to bring that much difference together on the ice.   It can be done but Kane would have to commit to "team first" and not sure how you assure that.

4 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

IF Kane were a reasonable price and if he could handle being back in his hometown and not let his off-ice become a "room" thing, you cannot ignore the talent he can bring to a team.   He is not a POS player (plays hard but clean) but is almost the polar opposite to a player like Horvat (can you picture Horvat posting pic from a private jet or rolling around on a bed of money?) and that can be a challenge to bring that much difference together on the ice.   It can be done but Kane would have to commit to "team first" and not sure how you assure that.

I leave that in the capable hands of Benning and Co to determine ;) 

All I know is he looked pretty damn good last night and, as a player, would look pretty nice in the blue and green IMO. 

17 hours ago, aGENT said:

I leave that in the capable hands of Benning and Co to determine ;) 

All I know is he looked pretty damn good last night and, as a player, would look pretty nice in the blue and green IMO. 

I've always said that Kane is a player that has all the assets to thrive in the playoffs I have never doubted that but just as important he'll also thrive in critical meaningful regular season games the tough games you need to win to make the playoffs.

Having that type of player that Kane is and can be is exactly what this team needs going forward especially knowing the styles of all the players that are likely to be on this team.

Kane would be a very key signing.

I believe Kane won't even be an option. Why would he sign with a rebuilding team that is imo a couple years away from qualifying for, let alone have playoffs success. Considering he could re sign with his current team and most likely continue to make the playoffs.

On 4/13/2018 at 1:31 AM, Rob_Zepp said:

you can't, its a risk. You have to decide if he's grown up yet so my bet is it will go down to the gut feelings in the room once Linden gets a chance to talk to him for a while.

I think the risk is low, I don't think he wants to come home and sh!t the bed and end his career here on a sour note. I think he's done some stupid things and spent time with people he shouldn't have spent time with, but if thats out of his system then its pretty low risk at least. 

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

you can't, its a risk. You have to decide if he's grown up yet so my bet is it will go down to the gut feelings in the room once Linden gets a chance to talk to him for a while.

I think the risk is low, I don't think he wants to come home and sh!t the bed and end his career here on a sour note. I think he's done some stupid things and spent time with people he shouldn't have spent time with, but if thats out of his system then its pretty low risk at least. 

Perhaps if they give him a chip implant that slams the doors on him at all your clubs and disables his phone's selfie mode, then all would be fine.  

Just now, Rob_Zepp said:

Perhaps if they give him a chip implant that slams the doors on him at all your clubs and disables his phone's selfie mode, then all would be fine.  

I was thinking more that he'd move in with his mom.

3 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Then wouldn't you need a new place too?  :lol:

the one thing that could come back to bite the Canucks is an accuser coming forward after he signs a large deal here. Even if its not true, that could throw a big shadow over the team for quite a while. I know that can happen to any player but he seems more likely for something like that to happen. Even if he cleaned up his act that past of his.... its a hard choice to decide just how likely or risky that really is. 

Archived