The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Sabres trade Evander Kane to Sharks for Dan O'Reagan, 2019 conditional 1st-round pick, 2020 4th-round pick

1 minute ago, canuckster19 said:

Doesn't that usually imply though someone who could potentially make the NHL, this ORegan guy doesn't look like he'll amount to anything to me, but hey what do I know right?

I mean he's a potential depth guy but you'd have to say that's pretty underwhelming.

3 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Always important to note the details.

This is nowhere near the Sabres' ask.  Not even close.

It's not too far off.  The thing that pulls it away are the "conditional" parts and the lack of another prospect.  The 2020 4th is funny though.  That's some long term planning... :lol:

1 minute ago, BananaMash said:

Even if the return wasn't amazing, I'm happy for Buffalo's sake that they moved him and got assets back. It was pretty clear that Kane would walk as a UFA anyway, which hurts their negotiating power.

The biggest things that hurt negotiating power is he's been very mediocre the last two months and teams are afraid of him long term.

Just now, SabreFan1 said:

The biggest things that hurt negotiating power is he's been very mediocre the last two months and teams are afraid of him long term.

Yeah, I saw that after his really hot start to the year his production hit a brick wall.

Either way, I'm glad for you guys. I think it's a good move given the circumstances.

11 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Kane leaves and it has the Duchene effect, Buffalo wins 13 of their next 16 games leaving Van Ottawa and Arizona in the 1-2-3 draft spots

If the Sabres win without both Eichel and Kane, I'm going to be one confused s.o.b.

Just now, BananaMash said:

Yeah, I saw that after his really hot start to the year his production hit a brick wall.

Either way, I'm glad for you guys. I think it's a good move given the circumstances.

The assets we gave up to get him didn't do much for the Jets, so I can't really complain about the return.

Archived