The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brendan Leipsic | #9 | LW/C

PuckYa

6 minutes ago, CoolCanucklehead said:

I have no idea myself at this point but it seems like Holm's return was better than Vanek's?  That does puzzle me if it's true. :blink:

Like this trade not so high on the Vanek return yet but maybe Motte turns out just as good or better?

I don't know much about Motte, but yes, Leipsic is the bigger return in my opinion.  I would have been happy with Leipsic for Vanek.

• Cheers 2

39 minutes ago, Tystick said:

I personally like Tyler Motte and I think people here should give these guys a chance before immediately writing them off lol.

He's definitely further along than any guy we'd draft in the third round or whatever the complainers wanted.

He is a heart and soul kinda player, and a Canadian.  Win, win, Winnipeg.

8 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Lmao, this kid is feisty

Doing that at 5'10" reminds me of Cooke when he was a Canuck. Let's hope he can keep it clean like Cooke did as a Canuck (not after he was a Canuck, obviously).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The 5th Line said:

Beauty

Lol I remember years ago the Blazers enforcer kept doing this to the cougars goalie. So according to legend(my former teammate that played there) in intermission they pissed in a spare water bottle and put it on their goalies net. 

Someone quit drinking the goalies water after that :lol: 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

4 hours ago, Kevin Biestra said:

Glad to have him.  He was lighting it up in Vegas before he got hurt early in the year.

A bit of a trend of Benning bailing on D prospects early on is starting to develop though.

He had Holm for a year and since the surprise availability of Pouliot, Holm was outside the top 8 so not likely to get games.  They knew what they had after this long in the AHL and clearly felt that he wasn't a fit and still behind Hutton and Pouliot. 

If that's the case, the right thing to do was to give him a shot elsewhere.  I really think that he played the Vegas game so that Vegas could get a good look at him.  I guess he passed the audition.

• Upvote 1