The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brendan Leipsic | #9 | LW/C

PuckYa

6 hours ago, Qwags said:

That was disgusting. Didn't think he had it in him.

What happened in junior stays in junior.

The guy's a pro now which means that a lot more discipline is expected and preached.

Edited by GarthButcher5
  • Like 1

I think he looks better offensively than Max Domi or Sam Bennet. At the trade deadline I was on board with making a big play for one of those guys. That fact that we could potentially get the top 6 LW'er that we were looking for to play with Horvat and Boesser just by trading Holm is beyond impressive. This might be up there with the Naslund trade. Great job by Green for recognizing his talent and great job by Benning for getting this deal done. I see this as our first line for this year but ideally it becomes a solid second line after Pettersson comes in. Also Motte looks like a good fit for a 4th line centre. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I didn’t understand how the score wrote us as the losers of draft day, but I love it when they make these articles and they make these biased sport writers look like idiots when the trade works out to our favour lol. I know it’s one game but damn I was impressed with this kid 

• Cheers 1

Yeah - Boeser is truly elite.  How many guys in the league would be able to pull that off?  (Some, certainly - but not many)

Leipsic looked REALLY good out there last night. What a vote of confidence from the coach to start him on our top line.  If we can distribute the scoring a bit more, that really helps us as a team.  His immediate chemistry with that line was incredible to see.

I think comparing it to the Naslund trade is both silly and premature, but Benning may indeed have just found a steal of a deal.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Qwags said:

That was disgusting. Didn't think he had it in him.

I hope he has grown up as that stuff is crap.   Leave that to the pukes of the league like MT.   If he does that in a Canuck uniform he is putting a target on the back of every good player for another team to take a run at without thought of safety.

2 hours ago, kloubek said:

Yeah - Boeser is truly elite.  How many guys in the league would be able to pull that off?  (Some, certainly - but not many)

Leipsic looked REALLY good out there last night. What a vote of confidence from the coach to start him on our top line.  If we can distribute the scoring a bit more, that really helps us as a team.  His immediate chemistry with that line was incredible to see.

I think comparing it to the Naslund trade is both silly and premature, but Benning may indeed have just found a steal of a deal.

Agree, Motte and Leipsic have played one game with this team....I'll go with adrenaline until they play at least 15 games or end out the season like last night.

I thought Burrows for Dahlen was our next "Naslund trade". :lol:

Leipsic merely fits our team needs like a glove...

Energetic, frustrating for opposing players, shifty, and can realistically play anywhere in the lineup (even with our top players, like he did last night).

Good showing so far, let's see some more.

If he keeps it up, he could be a real nice addition to this team going forward.

10 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I'll take overly optimistic comments over the garbage that came out of the whiners' mouths after the trades.

I always find it funny how fast people just run their mouth off before even thinking about a trade. Like why make problems out of nothing? lol

EDIT: And don't get me wrong. I don't mind critiquing.... just when did critiquing entail banging one's head against a brick wall?

Edited by The Lock
  • Cheers 3

3 minutes ago, The Lock said:

I always find it funny how fast people just run their mouth off before even thinking about a trade. Like why make problems out of nothing? lol

It pretty much happens with every trade though. Look at the initial reactions for the Granlund and Baertschi trades as prime examples.

Most of these fans have never seen him play and are just going along with whatever our toxic media has to say. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

feb-28-2018-23-18-39.gif?w=535&h=282

Off to a great start  finishing with 2 points a plus 2 and 7 shots. 

Not sure why, but I can't help but make a little smile when Boeser lets off his shot.  It's just something else.  Look how delayed Lundquist's reaction is on it.  It's already behind him by the time he sticks his pad out.  

Edited by The Sedge
  • Upvote 1