The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brendan Leipsic | #9 | LW/C

PuckYa

1 hour ago, Tre Mac said:

BL looked good with Boeser towards the end of the year before Boeser got hurt.  I think imo he's a better option than Baertschi offensively and could help generate more even lines:

Leipsic Horvat Boeser

Baerstchi Granlund Pettersson

Roussel Sutter Virtanen

Goldobin Beagle Gaudette

Not set in stone but I like the how the wingers line up, the centers can be replaced.  And I being very generous thinking Granlund will turn it around, maybe with some offensive help that might work. 

Not sure they ever played together.. Am I wrong?

Leipsic only iced 14 games with us and Boeser was out in first few days of March. Hmm, maybe they did play a game or 2 together.

Edited by Western Red

4 minutes ago, Western Red said:

Not sure they ever played together.. Am I wrong?

They did, I rewatched a vid with every Boeser goal.  They had some nice chemistry going on and two or three goals were BL in the corners centering it to BB for a quick one timer.  Boeser got injured shortly after though but they had to be in on at least 3 or 4 goals at the end of the year.

Looking at my lines it appears I forgot Eriksson and Gagner, oops!:o  What a waste of $9million.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, 5Fivehole0 said:

I think you are slightly off... With the signing of Beagle and Roussel I think that frees up Sutter a bit, offensively.

Baertschi Horvat Boeser
Leipsic Sutter Pettersson
Roussel Beagle Virtanen
Schaller Gagner Eriksson
Goldobin Granlund

I think the lines will have to play out something like that 

Waived: Gaunce Archibald Dahlen Gaudette

Sutter is what he is (which is a VERY good match up C who can add in 35+/- complimentary points).

I think adding Beagle and Roussel will take some of the heavy lifting there off his shoulders (though mostly and thankfully, Horvat's) but it's not going to suddenly make him an 'offensive' player. Hopefully it will mean he's more on the + than the - of those 35 points and is both healthier and less worn down in that role though.

• Upvote 1

May the best men win.

except it wont be best man win it'll be favorite of the coaches win, No matter how poor they are playing. it'll be almost a whole year of ineptitude before they make a change.

Even then they're so in love with THEIR GUYS they won't lose face and cut ties with their picks. They'd rather show they suck at trades and free agents 

• Wat 1

3 hours ago, mrreindeer said:

May the best men win.

except it wont be best man win it'll be favorite of the coaches win, No matter how poor they are playing. it'll be almost a whole year of ineptitude before they make a change.

Even then they're so in love with THEIR GUYS they won't lose face and cut ties with their picks. They'd rather show they suck at trades and free agents 

And what are you doing? Showing that you suck at writing posts?

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Leipsic Horvat Boeser

beartschi Pettersson Virtanen

Roussel Sutter Ericksson

Schsller Beagle Granlund 

Goldobin Gagner Gaunce 

Edler Stetcher

MDZ Tanev

Hughes Gudbranson

biega Pouliot 

utica

Dahlen gaudette Gadjovich

Lind, Jasek

juolevi, brisebois, saunter Mcenery, Chattefield 

a lot of excess bottom 6 guys

6 million Erickson on the third libe

dear god trade Gagner for a pick 3rd? 5th ? Whatever

12 hours ago, 5Fivehole0 said:

I think you are slightly off... With the signing of Beagle and Roussel I think that frees up Sutter a bit, offensively.

Baertschi Horvat Boeser
Leipsic Sutter Pettersson
Roussel Beagle Virtanen
Schaller Gagner Eriksson
Goldobin Granlund

I think the lines will have to play out something like that 

Waived: Gaunce Archibald Dahlen Gaudette

Love the line-up except Dahlen & Gaudette being waived???:wacko:

3 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Only on CDC can you have a player like Leipsic pencilled into a top line role. He hasn't even shown the ability to stick for a season yet. Hope he can but I am not jumping on any bandwagon.

Kind of over-rated around here.  14 games isn't much to go on when predicting consistency during an entire season.

• Upvote 4

On 7/11/2018 at 7:42 PM, mrreindeer said:

May the best men win.

So you know more than the coaches?   You believe the coaches purposely don't pick the "best men" because they secretly do not want to win?   What is the main reason you feel that coaches will not pick the "best men" and instead set their team up for failure?    Very curious to know why you believe this in the first place and what reasoning is behind the coaches making these moves that, for most people, would seem quite opposite to their own self-interests.

(You do realize that coaches don't actually sign players or make trades....right?)

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Only on CDC can you have a player like Leipsic pencilled into a top line role. He hasn't even shown the ability to stick for a season yet. Hope he can but I am not jumping on any bandwagon.

It is a stretch for him to be sure but then again I see the trio of Granlund / Goldobin and Leipsic all vying for that 2nd line LW spot. I would guess that Dahlen and Gaudette will start in Utica even if they earn a spot, especially if JB has not yet made the necessary moves to make room for them. I enjoy your posts ... a former Crestonite.

6 hours ago, higgyfan said:

Kind of over-rated around here.  14 games isn't much to go on when predicting consistency during an entire season.

Yeah, I don't get why people are so high on him.  He had a few good shifts here and there, but nothing that made him stand out above Motte or Goldobin or even Gagner.  Another guy who's gotta prove something.

• Wat 1

1 hour ago, Undrafted said:

Yeah, I don't get why people are so high on him.  He had a few good shifts here and there, but nothing that made him stand out above Motte or Goldobin or even Gagner.  Another guy who's gotta prove something.

I would put him clearly above Motte and about on par with Gagner in terms of offensive play. Goldy at the end of the year may have been better than Leipsic. Generally speaking, I would agree that he's a bit overrated around here.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Undrafted said:

I overrate him, but Motte. Are you serious?

23 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

I would put him clearly above Motte and about on par with Gagner in terms of offensive play. Goldy at the end of the year may have been better than Leipsic. Generally speaking, I would agree that he's a bit overrated around here.

Seriously?

3 goals and 9 points in 14 games. Before getting prime time with the Sedins for their swan-song, Gagner was on a 25-game goaless streak.