The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brendan Leipsic | #9 | LW/C

PuckYa

1 hour ago, ItsAllOursBoys said:

Oh, boy...I sure hope he gets claimed. His consistent inconsistency was getting a little too hard to bear....

Personally I want him to go through. His contract is cheap (so there's no big need to be rid of it) and I think he could really help Utica.

• Upvote 3

I don't think he will clear, but not very concerned whether he clears or not. 

Has not come as advertised when he was acquired.  Skates around in circles, that even he can't stay on his own feet, and is soft.  Plays the peripheral, doesn't hit, doesn't mix it up like he did in junior, and frankly doesn't seem to find an extra gear in his game. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

I don't think he will clear, but not very concerned whether he clears or not. 

Has not come as advertised when he was acquired.  Skates around in circles, that even he can't stay on his own feet, and is soft.  Plays the peripheral, doesn't hit, doesn't mix it up like he did in junior, and frankly doesn't seem to find an extra gear in his game. 

Yeah upon realizing how cheap his contract is, I'd wager there's a pretty decent chance he gets claimed. I won't crushed about it either if it does happen though.

He can skate circles in the O-zone and hold onto the puck, but he can't make a play.

Can't shoot.

Can't pass.

Can't Penalty Kill.

Won't stick his nose in and get the garbage goals.

Not tough or big enough to be on a checking line.

Nothing he can do that Motte can't do better

Sorry Brendan... either its Utica or some other team takes his salary off the books.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I'm assuming he'll clear waivers as no one had claimed him yet. 

The deadline to file a claim is 12pm ET and it's not announced before.  Multiple teams might file a claim for a player but they only reveal the team with the successful claim.  

What did it for me was when he lost the puck in the corner and looked at the ref instead of retrieving the puck, you don't do #$%^ like that and it didn't even warrant a call.  He regressed big time since the start of November.  I thought he was a decent pickup last year but didn't do anything to improve whatsoever.   

9 minutes ago, DS4quality said:

Willie has far more wins than Green in the month of November .

Watch Leipsic go on a tear now. Oh well... Good luck in Los Angeles Brendan 

Willie is coaching a Norris winner, a Selke winner, and a two time Vezina finalist. All of whom have won two Stanley Cups, along with a few other players remaining on the team. The Kings haven't had the same rash of injuries that the Canucks have either.

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, DS4quality said:

Willie has far more wins than Green in the month of November .

Watch Leipsic go on a tear now. Oh well... Good luck in Los Angeles Brendan 

Willie has a team full of veteran Stanley Cup winners... including at least three allstars, (Doughty, Kopitar and Kovalchuk) and one gamebreaker, (Carter) two 30 goal scorers, (Tofoli and Brown) along with a veteran defense... and that team is barely holding its head above water.

LA is underperforming.

Green has a team which has been crippled by injuries... and which is nearly all untried.

Canucks were over-performing at the start with their lineup intact... now they are performing as expected with half the lineup either still out or recovering their form after injuries.

• Upvote 1