The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brendan Leipsic | #9 | LW/C

PuckYa

4 hours ago, 250Integra said:

Hopefully he's better than the previous #9's that we have had...

Definitely some of the more recent ones.  We have seen some pretty talented ones though:  Dale Tallon, Don Lever, Tony Tanti, Russ Courtnall.  

• Like 1

Wow, this guy is a lot better than I thought. Fits in perfectly with Horvat and Boeser. That combination of speed, hands, playmaking and the grit to win puck battles to free up the puck for Horvat and Boeser makes him a perfect fit- definitely adds the missing element that Baertschi could not provide to that line.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, shayster007 said:

Could you imagine if this kid plays even 80% as good as tonight, every night? Benning will look like a wizard.

If he's actually this good, this will be the robbery of the past decade assuming Holm doesn't turn out.

Kid's going to be a fan favourite if he puts this kind of effort in consistently.  Great passes, and was flying all over the ice.  Fit in perfectly on the first line and made the most of his PP opportunity.  Liked how he played in OT despite the end result.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, canucklehead80 said:

Leipsic for a guy with 1 NHL game to his name. What a debut!!! Great job JB! Give

me more please!!!!

Pretty sure he's played over 50 in the nhl. 1st game as a Canuck though. 

Edited by pgcanuck
Spelling
  • Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Correct me if I'm wrong (as the video quality was -5 pixels), but it seems like Leipsic stops moving his feet from even before the red line, glides into the hit (nor does he jump into it either), and the chest also seems to be the principle point of contact. Looks clean to me - Kolesar should've had his head up... 

• Cheers 1