The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Red Wings trade Tomas Tatar to Golden Knights for 1st-round pick, 2019 2nd-round pick, 2021 3rd-round pick

Not bad value compared to other deals because he isn't a rental, he has 3 years left after this one on a deal that takes him to age 30. Interesting note is that detroit signed him this summer to a 4 year deal with a NTC. The kicker is the ntc doesnt take effect until july 1 2018. Genius move by Holland.

Another side note is i remember Tatar's draft year. Was stoked when he was on the board at our pick. We took Rodin instead :( 

1 hour ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

All these teams making mostly good deals, particularly those selling, and we're like..

Journeymen and fringe players pls.

And who exactly do we have that is worth this return??

Benning added 2 players he wanted in the past, both of which are under 25, for 2 UFA signings that could walk at the end of the season. Jokinen was a cap dump for CBJ to Benning could get the player he wanted, Which is better than sweetening the deal with prospects and picks. 

58 minutes ago, SliteriousBlackbeard said:

is this not a lottery pick for Detroit? Isn't Vegas in the top 5 or 6 no matter what? In a deep draft WTF

?

Um, No.  That was at the inaugural draft.

Their pick this time around is a merit based pick - in other words it's tracking as a 25 to 30 pick - and I disagree that this draft is all it's pumped up to be - particularly in that range.

Really dont like this deal for Vegas.

Tatar is a good player, but he's got a large contract and likely not going to be the difference of them beating LA in the playoffs imo.  Shouldve kept what they had, continued to weaponize their cap space, and kept their picks.

However, fantastic deal for Ken Holland and the Wings.

Should be solid for them in the playoffs. I don't know. I like this for Vegas. But as always Red Wings know how to hustle and bustle in this league.

Heading into the playoffs this deal will look sweeter.  I think he performs better. Him and Neal should be solid scorers. 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived