The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tyler Motte | #64 | C/W

48MPHSlapShot

2 hours ago, Kootenay Gold said:

It is not hard to see why Motte is going to be one of the stalwarts on the PK. Kudo's to Sutter, Motte, Beagle and Granlund for doing an excellent job last night. I am hoping for more of the same in games to come.

And Tanev, Guddy, Edler etc ;)

Team was beast mode on the PK last night.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
34 minutes ago, Duodenum said:

Much like how his NHL career as a whole has gone, he starts off on fire, working hard, and being a pitbull out there. 

Then he crashes, does nothing on the ice, less than replacement level player that just does not belong. Can't score, can't defend, small and weak. 

Not a player you keep on the roster if winning is your goal. 

Sorry. Haven’t really been able to see the games recently. Has Motte not been playing well on the road trip? The team as a whole hasn’t been doing well. Think they’re pretty tired. Has Motte not been playing well? I thought he’s been very good on the pk for the team. 

2 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Sorry. Haven’t really been able to see the games recently. Has Motte not been playing well on the road trip? The team as a whole hasn’t been doing well. Think they’re pretty tired. Has Motte not been playing well? I thought he’s been very good on the pk for the team. 

Motte's been fine.  Like many of the others, he's playing more minutes and a bigger role that what he should.  I prefer what he brings over Leips, but realistically...they are both placeholders, but Leips even moreso.

• Cheers 1

On 11/16/2018 at 2:09 PM, N4ZZY said:

Optically he can look okay. He hounds the puck carrier and keeps his feet moving. 

And he can play on the penalty kill, albeit not an excellent pker. 

3 pts in 19 games. 

He's a -8 on even strength. Essentially provides no help 5 on 5, deployment is not great though.  

Has started to lose his man in coverage over the past 5-6 games. 

Edit: He's picked it up as the season has gone on. Didn't start well but looks better now. 

Edited by Duodenum

9 hours ago, Duodenum said:

Optically he can look okay. He hounds the puck carrier and keeps his feet moving. 

And he can play on the penalty kill, albeit not very well. 

3 pts in 19 games, he's a black hole offensively.

He's a -8 on even strength. Essentially provides no help 5 on 5. 

Has started to lose his man in coverage over the past 5-6 games. 

Not somebody you keep around if you have a good team. 

I've noticed the same things over the course of this young season. I thought he might have a bit more offensive flair to his game but so far, nada. 

• 2 weeks later...

Chances are it's not a successful game if Tyler Motte is the highest climber up the all-time Canuck scoring list.  Into a tie for 324th for Motte.

324.  Jack Skille RW 55 5 4 9
324.  Tyler Motte C 42 5 4 9
324.  Matt Pettinger LW 29 5 4 9
327.  Mark Wotton D 42 3 6 9
327.  Glen Richardson LW 24 3 6 9
327.  Antoine Roussel LW 24 3 6 9
330.  Aaron Miller D 57 1 8 9
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Dannydog said:

Motte is by far 1 of our best 4th liners . First in on fore check and always hits, and never gets penalized. If others on his line would keep up or go to the net maybe some of his hard work would convert in goals.

As someone said before, he, Beagle and Gaudette will make a great 4th line.

• Cheers 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Motte is playing miles above my expectations this year. First I expected him to be scratched or waived. Then I expected him to play sparingly with a few points here and there. He's become a fantastic bottom six forward who is working his way into the core of the team. He keeps this up and he won't be in the "scratch" conversation any longer.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, The 5th Line said:

Me too.  This biggest surprise to me in the tenaciousness and physicality.  His skill alone won't keep him in the lineup and I think he knows that, it's cool watching guy's change their game to stay in the league

JB is doing a really good job of building up the bottom of our team, as well as the top.  Yes, we have Petey, and Boeser at the top, but JB works on getting other guys who make us better too.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Motte passed an interesting comparable.  I know there is more to a 4th liner than points but that's a lot fewer games for Motte than Gaunce.

272.  Tyler Motte C 60 8 7 15
273.  Magnus Arvedson C 41 8 7 15
274.  Brendan Gaunce C 117 6 9 15
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, RetroCanuck said:

I don't think this guy gets talked about enough this year. Ive been really impressed with Motte so far. Kids only 23, plays with physicality and could put up about 20P this year. He rarely makes mistakes and has such a high compete level. Reminds me of Biega, little work horse.

I can see him being on this team in a bottom 6 role for a long time.

I remember a lot hockey pundits telling Canuck fans to sleep on Motte, and that he's a lot better of a player than we thought. They were right.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, RetroCanuck said:

I don't think this guy gets talked about enough this year. Ive been really impressed with Motte so far. Kids only 23, plays with physicality and could put up about 20P this year. He rarely makes mistakes and has such a high compete level. Reminds me of Biega, little work horse.

I can see him being on this team in a bottom 6 role for a long time.

Shame we couldn't get that 3rd or 4th rounder instead, eh? :lol:

3 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Shame we couldn't get that 3rd or 4th rounder instead, eh? :lol:

haha at least we got something. Assets are important for a growing team and we sure do  need a lot more

Motte could turn out to be great for us and potentially way better then a 3rd/4th round pick. Although Benning is good with those.

Edited by RetroCanuck