The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tyler Motte | #64 | C/W

48MPHSlapShot

I hate that these guys who are on the slope of washed up has beens have to do this crap to be noticed.

Can't tell me EK didn't know that was dangerous .... he could/should have let up.

Boarding - A boarding penalty shall be imposed on any player or goalkeeper who checks an opponent in such a manner that causes the opponent to be thrown violently in the boards. The severity of the penalty, based upon the degree of violence of the impact with the boards, shall be at the discretion of the Referee.

Maybe not "thrown" but smashed?  Should likely be something or it's all just a bunch of nothing.

On 2/4/2020 at 11:13 PM, J-23 said:

Might sound crazy, but Motte is a top 5 player on this team.

I don't know about top 5 but he's certainly proven out to be an important cog and the motor of the 4th line. We're a clearly worse team when he's out.

I go full Piccard when I see people throwing him away in proposals or talking about not re-signing him :picard: Sorry bruh, you don't 'get' hockey.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

I don't know about top 5 but he's certainly proven out to be an important cog and the motor of the 4th line. We're a clearly worse team when he's out.

I go full Piccard when I see people throwing him away in proposals or talking about not re-signing him :picard: Sorry bruh, you don't 'get' hockey.

PK hits, energy, carrying his line. Not putting up points but definitely makes a huge impact in every other aspect of the game. 

As of now Petey, Miller, Hughes, Jake, Motte.

Edited by J-23

3 minutes ago, J-23 said:

PK hits, energy, carrying his line. Not putting up points but definitely makes a huge impact in every other aspect of the game. 

As of now Petey, Miller, Hughes, Jake, Motte.

Are we not counting any D  besides Hughes or goalies...? Horvat? Boeser? Heck Beagle on D zone draws?

Edited by aGENT

Just now, aGENT said:

Are we not counting any D or goalies...?

Forgot about our goaltending. Both Marky and Demko would be 1 and 2 of course. Lets just assume my list was based on forwards and dmen only.

By the way I had Hughes in that list..

5 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Forgot about our goaltending. Both Marky and Demko would be 1 and 2 of course. Lets just assume my list was based on forwards and dmen only.

By the way I had Hughes in that list..

Yeah, edited...

I'd put Tanev and Edler above him as well as Horvat, Boeser and Pearson. Roughly on par with Myers and Beagle...perhaps Sutter (I'd really have to think on the order to put those guys). 

But definitely behind Pettersson, Miller, Horvat, Boeser, Pearson, Virtanen, Edler, Hughes, Tanev, Marky and Demko. So let's say 12th-15th player ;) 

Edited by aGENT

3 hours ago, aGENT said:

Yeah, edited...

I'd put Tanev and Edler above him as well as Horvat, Boeser and Pearson. Roughly on par with Myers and Beagle...perhaps Sutter (I'd really have to think on the order to put those guys). 

But definitely behind Pettersson, Miller, Horvat, Boeser, Pearson, Virtanen, Edler, Hughes, Tanev, Marky and Demko. So let's say 12th-15th player ;) 

Ya and you quoted my edited post.........

Cool list tho.

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

I'm saying I edited my post...

Ah, your post confused me, my bad.

For the most part I think your list is far more accurate than mine, especially in terms of the better overall player.

I just don't see guys like Bo and Brock having such an impact on this team this season, maybe my expectation were too high for them Like they're playing well and putting up points but something is just missing.

1 minute ago, J-23 said:

Ah, your post confused me, my bad.

For the most part I think your list is far more accurate than mine, especially in terms of the better overall player.

I just don't see guys like Bo and Brock having such an impact on this team this season, maybe my expectation were too high for them Like they're playing well and putting up points but something is just missing.

They (particularly Boeser) might be going through slumps or having an 'off' season but there's still zero chance Motte's a better player than either.

As much as I love Motte and think he's underrated by vast swaths of Canuck fans, if another team wanted to trade us their 'Boeser' or 'Horvat' equivalents straight across for him, he'd be gone in a heartbeat. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
12 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Love Motte's game.

I wonder if we put Motte out onto the ice every time Fiala gets on the ice.

Take him out of the game and use Motte's speed to badger Fiala.

He's definitely cementing his place as one of our top checkers going forward. Love his tenacity and energy. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Chronic.Canucks.Fan said:

He's definitely cementing his place as one of our top checkers going forward. Love his tenacity and energy. 

Totally.  His pk was great. I'd love to see him follow and chirp Fiala. Like that annoying guy at the party that keeps talking right into your face.

Frustrate Fiala time.