The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tyler Motte | #64 | C/W

48MPHSlapShot

16 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

The CCM line. One of the more dominant units in recent NCAA history. 190 points combined that season between Connor, Compher, and Motte.

man if Motte turned into something like Connor that would be amazing. 

Its really too bad the media chose to harp on the whole "no picks" thing, there's a neat story here. 

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the video HorvatisaBoss, he looks like he could be a decent player. I thought he had some speed and good awareness. Some of those goals were pretty lucky, but the end-to-end against CGY was a beauty. I think with Motte and Leipsic now Canucks, players like Chaput, Boucher and Megna should be wondering if or when they'll see the NHL again. Good depth players. Nothing wrong with that, Canucks always have a lot of injuries.  

2 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

man if Motte turned into something like Connor that would be amazing. 

Its really too bad the media chose to harp on the whole "no picks" thing, there's a neat story here. 

Connor was 18 year old that year in his first NCAA season.  Motte was a 20 year old in his 3rd NCAA season.  Add on to that, they there top D that year was Werenski. 

Dane fox out produced McDavid in 2013-14, but doesn't mean a whole lot.  

Motte reminded me a lot of a younger Hansen last night. Uses his speed well, forced a 2 on 1 on the PK, had that amazing forechecking shift on the kill as well. Looks to be a good add to the bottom six. Could be even better if he finds an offensive game at the NHL level like Hansen did once he got comfortable.

• Upvote 4

From HF:

Talent Analysis

Motte makes up for his lacks in size and slightly above average technical skills with hustle and hockey sense. He is a strong skater and moves around the ice with ease. His offensive game is not flashy but he works well with his linemates and knows where to go to score. Motte continues to improve his shot and add strength at the college level and must continue to do so to play pro hockey. He is strong on the penalty kill and is a willing checking line forward. Motte, despite his lack of stature, fits the "speed, hockey sense, and character" mantra of the Blackhawks' front office.

Pretty much the same things spoken of by the Canucks' front office.

• Upvote 1

On 2/26/2018 at 3:51 PM, The Great Canucks said:

Is he still on an ELC next season too?

Someone posted if he plays 16 games then he will no longer be waiver eligible.. I saw that on day of trade. But perhaps someone else can confirm. 

Best to keep him under 16 games this year if that's the case. 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, BananaMash said:

Motte reminded me a lot of a younger Hansen last night. Uses his speed well, forced a 2 on 1 on the PK, had that amazing forechecking shift on the kill as well. Looks to be a good add to the bottom six. Could be even better if he finds an offensive game at the NHL level like Hansen did once he got comfortable.

Wouldn't that be special. 

On 2/28/2018 at 7:59 PM, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Connor was 18 year old that year in his first NCAA season.  Motte was a 20 year old in his 3rd NCAA season.  Add on to that, they there top D that year was Werenski. 

Dane fox out produced McDavid in 2013-14, but doesn't mean a whole lot.  

Don't tell that to Canucktravella. Dane Fox is supposed to be better than Drouin according to him LOL

• Like 1

On 2/28/2018 at 7:59 PM, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Connor was 18 year old that year in his first NCAA season.  Motte was a 20 year old in his 3rd NCAA season. 

Good point, Connor's production was assisted a lot by holding onto Motte's coat.