Next Year's Line Up?

TheGuardian_

4 hours ago, flickyoursedin said:

Pettersson Horvat Boeser

Baertschi Sutter Virtanen

Sedin Sedin Gaudette

Gaunce Ganger Eriksson

Leipsic

(Dowd waived, Archibald waived, Biega waived, Goldobin Russia or waived)

Stetcher Tanev

Edler Gudbranson

Pouliot Del Zotto

Hutton

Markstrom

Nilsson

I dont think Gaunce, Baer, Dowd or unfortunately Goldy are here next year. 

6 hours ago, TheGuardian_ said:

Henrik - Daniel - Eriksson

Boeser - Horvat - Baertschi

Guance  - Sutter - Gagner

Virtanen - Leipsic - Motte

Goldoblin - (Dowd, Archibald)

Edler - Gudbranson

Tanev - Hutton

Stecher - Del Zotto

Biega - Pouliet

Goalies

Camp is going to be even more interesting this year

You forgot Granlund

Add to the mix prospects:  Pettersson, Dahlen, Juolevi, Gaudette

And:  Benning wants to find a replacement for Dorsett (depends how Archie performs for the rest of the season, he could be that guy)

We don't know about the Sedins but they've been playing better in the 2nd half.

Linden said that they would be open to re-signing Vanek (clearly depends on how things look come July)

3 hours ago, KKnight said:

I dont think Gaunce, Baer, Dowd or unfortunately Goldy are here next year. 

All guys Benning probably had offers on but claimed to really like his group of guys. Maybe by losing a few or being forced to trade them for less in the summer that he was being offered at the deadline will make him a better deadline trader. Trade the guys that are late 20’s for high picks they’re not a part of our next core. Don’t hold onto them until they’re 33+ years old and expect the same returns!

10 hours ago, TheGuardian_ said:

Waiver rule. That and a player cannot be waived twice in one year and if picked up must play on the team.

That is why I was astounded that the Canucks traded for a waiver player, all they had to do was say "over here" and the BJ's would have paid 1/2 his remaining salary and not traded anything for him.

That is the old rule, the new one is just the player doesn't need a trade, just to be picked up

2 hours ago, flickyoursedin said:

All guys Benning probably had offers on but claimed to really like his group of guys. Maybe by losing a few or being forced to trade them for less in the summer that he was being offered at the deadline will make him a better deadline trader. Trade the guys that are late 20’s for high picks they’re not a part of our next core. Don’t hold onto them until they’re 33+ years old and expect the same returns!

There is nothing on that roster outside of Horvat and Boeser that shouldn’t or couldn’t be sold and bought new on July 1.

Sure the NMC players are there, but a tiny fraction of the roster.

For years running, there could have been the signing, selling and buying pattern to acquire assets for the rebuild. 

The prospects he drafted were largely the skinny, late bloomer kind anyways. These past few and next few years have been “place holders” for acquiring assets, but’s that’s not how it’s gone. 

5 hours ago, Crabcakes said:

Camp is going to be even more interesting this year

You forgot Granlund

Add to the mix prospects:  Pettersson, Dahlen, Juolevi, Gaudette

And:  Benning wants to find a replacement for Dorsett (depends how Archie performs for the rest of the season, he could be that guy)

We don't know about the Sedins but they've been playing better in the 2nd half.

Linden said that they would be open to re-signing Vanek (clearly depends on how things look come July)

Camp, yes.

It will be exciting to see the kids, mainly, in Canuck colours. 

Very cool.

But... I don’t expect any prospects to stick for long outside of the obvious, long-ripened ones expected to make it.

The first 20 games should be fun, but then back to the grind and the  “winning/competitive environment” of the Linden era and likely the Sedins and Edler-led culture. 

Jim will have a lot of players he can trade or waive. I suspect 1-2 forwards will be traded in the off season for picks.

Granlund

Baertschi

Gaunce

Goldobin 

Hutton

Are my 5 main candidates.

We have Pettersson, top pick in 2018, Gaudette, Dahlen, Lind and Gadjovich all in the forward group competing for a spot with all those mentioned above.

All those listed above (minus pick) are AHL eligible without waivers. That's a plus.  On Defense we have Breezer, Chatfield and Sauntner going to be competing with Juolevi to try and knock someone out of the top 8.

Pouliot, Edler, Gudbranson, Stecher are all mainstays. Tanev may or may not be here to start next season. That leaves Hutton, Biega, and Del Zotto duking it out with the 4 kids previously mentioned. 

Mdzwill likely be kept in the top 8 for trade fodder and culture carrying. That leaves us with 

Edler

MDZ

Hutton

Juolevi

Breezer

Sauntner 

All playing for that left side.  That's not even including Pouliot who can play both sides.  Juolevi will be given every opportunity to succeed and breezers chance may be determined by his play down the stretch.  This is without big #88 in Nikita Tryamkin who we hope returns the year following I believe. (Or one after)

The forward group is even deeper then the d pool. What if we draft Dahlin or Bouchard 2 top d who look NHL ready and not are committed to other leagues. I believe boquist is committed to the sel/shl.

This is going to be a fun final 20 games as we get to see these guys get some optimal chances down the stretch.  Also Vanek may return next year so the forward group gets even more crowded lol

I think if 1 of lepisic or Motte make next years opening lineup this deadline was win.  I am really high on Motte.

Loved his interview. He seems to get what it takes and I believe his accountability and knowledge of what it takes will be huge for him.

He talks about being a pro just as Travis preaches it.  The kid is very mature for a 22 year old.

16 hours ago, TheGuardian_ said:

Waiver rule. That and a player cannot be waived twice in one year and if picked up must play on the team.

That is why I was astounded that the Canucks traded for a waiver player, all they had to do was say "over here" and the BJ's would have paid 1/2 his remaining salary and not traded anything for him.

There is no way he would be sent to the minors except for conditioning, yes I missed that I just figured it was too far out to consider

Need any comment about him? Apples and Oranges, cut anyone for a spot, but Canucks would likely leave him in his league another year as they should Petersson.

Any player at any time could be cut loose to make room, it is just asset management, which it appears room will be necessary.

But this list, with the exception of the Sedins, is just a current contracted and probable to be re-signed players already on the team. 

I understand that a player must play in the bigs if picked up on waivers or be returned to the original team. If the receiving team then waives the player the original team has first dibs. 

I have not heard about having to pay 1/2 the salary. 

Do you have a rule # ?

Are you sure you are not confusing some of the rules from the last contract when there were up and down waivers?

Benning was right, draft picks will be like gold, only at the draft, where picks are used. So don't expect 18 draft picks to be traded.

They have all but stated the line up for next year,

the Sedins are coming back, this is from Benning and Vanek,

one rookie will be played for sure, that comes from Linden and Benning, OJ playing with Tanev, again because they have already stated that,

Gaudette may or might not sign now, This comes from L/B first he was signing, then waiting to see the college team stuff, then comments by his coach about him being on the team and now Benning saying they will meet with parents to see if he wants to sign, this is going down a slope and may end up a draft pick in the worst case.

Hutton gone, the off ice issues seem to be a real problem for management as that gets included all the time when talking about his issues, they may get a pick for him, but it will be a later round because picks are like gold at the draft, unless there is a turn around.

Jokinen, Archie and Dowd are likely gone, not enough contract spots, Wiercioch likely as well.

5 hours ago, TheGuardian_ said:

Benning was right, draft picks will be like gold, only at the draft, where picks are used. So don't expect 18 draft picks to be traded.

one rookie will be played for sure, that comes from Linden and Benning, OJ playing with Tanev, again because they have already stated that,

Gaudette may or might not sign now, This comes from L/B first he was signing, then waiting to see the college team stuff, then comments by his coach about him being on the team and now Benning saying they will meet with parents to see if he wants to sign, this is going down a slope and may end up a draft pick in the worst case.

Hutton gone, the off ice issues seem to be a real problem for management as that gets included all the time when talking about his issues, they may get a pick for him, but it will be a later round because picks are like gold at the draft, unless there is a turn around.

Jokinen, Archie and Dowd are likely gone, not enough contract spots, Wiercioch likely as well.

Help me out Guardy, when where was this confirmed?

On 2/27/2018 at 1:14 AM, TheGuardian_ said:

Based on this year's TDL, statements from Linden/Benning regarding the Sedins, signed contracts, waiver eligibility and cap constraints and barring draft day deals or possible Boeser like draft picks.

Signed forwards that need waivers

Horvat

Boeser

Sutter

Gagner

Eriksson

Goldoblin

Guance

Motte - needs 16 games

Leipsic

Unsigned forwards will all need waivers

Baertschi

Granlund

Virtanen

Defence signed

Edler

Tanev

Gudbranson

Hutton

Del Zotto

Unsigned Defence

Stecher

Biega

Pouliet

So if these players are signed and the Sedins want to come back for one year;

In no order or lines, just names of estimated contracted players;

Henrik - Daniel - Eriksson

Boeser - Horvat - Baertschi

Guance  - Sutter - Gagner

Virtanen - Leipsic - Motte

Goldoblin - (Dowd, Archibald)

Edler - Gudbranson

Tanev - Hutton

Stecher - Del Zotto

Biega - Pouliet

Goalies

Not signing any of the above risk either losing them for nothing (FA) or even RFA's if they don't offer contracts.

Players with waiver requirements could be lost and cost the team half their salaries.

Heres what I think when I look at this forward group.

Can we really afford to lose the production brought by the sedins yet? 

Wouldn't we be far better of to do anything under the sun to lose Erikson and gagner than lose the twins?  I think lipstick will be on the team but not motte. 

Bye dowd. 

And then our first round pick will be in the lineup as well. That could be a D or an F

Goodbye biega and Hutton.

Sign a ufa D man that can actually play solid D 

7 hours ago, TheGuardian_ said:

You are talking out of your a$$ at an epic scale, even by your standards.  No one has said anything about what the roster will look like next season.  No one has said anything concrete about the twins, other than they will decide at the end of the season.  Nothing about rookies, nothing about waivers.

Quit spouting bullsh!t like it's got any basis in reality.  Its your opinion, own up to it rather than trying to pass it off as "fact". You'd get a lot more respect.

On 27/02/2018 at 1:22 PM, Rush17 said:

I think if 1 of lepisic or Motte make next years opening lineup this deadline was win.  I am really high on Motte.

Loved his interview. He seems to get what it takes and I believe his accountability and knowledge of what it takes will be huge for him.

He talks about being a pro just as Travis preaches it.  The kid is very mature for a 22 year old.

pretty sure Motte will start in Utica next year, due to waiver exemption.

Archived