The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tank Thread

Nave

43 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I think the paper thing needed to be done before the TDL.  

Well, if that opportunity was missed then that is something I would call negligent on the part of management.

By the time this core is ready to compete, Virtanen is going to have completely forgotten what winning feels like.

5 hours ago, Cromeslab said:

Wouldn’t that be something if the last game of the season against the Oilers was for dead last overall.Tank on.

I can see it now.  0-0 Going into overtime.  A 68 round shootout until one accidentally goes in. 

58 minutes ago, Kevin Biestra said:

I was replying to a post about the Canucks not getting a #1 pick in the 1980s.

And the Kings and Penguins joined the league in the 1960s.

Ahhhh, sorry, misunderstood and you are correct on Kings and Penguins on when they joined. Brain must be going :)

1 hour ago, dukeofcanuck said:

They should rest Brock for a few games, no reason for him to hurt himself more. Should help the tank as well.

Instead i would like to see Hank and Danny rested a few games each over the duration. 

Both have earned a few games off.   

This season is done like dinner as Tiger would say.  Keep putting the kids out for PP and PK  minutes.  Lets see what we have and start looking at next years roster.

1 hour ago, kingofsurrey said:

Instead i would like to see Hank and Danny rested a few games each over the duration. 

This season is done like dinner as Tiger would say.  Keep putting the kids out for PP and PK  minutes.  Lets see what we have and start looking at next years roster.

Rest Hank, sure, not Dan, he has a shot of getting his 400th goal before seasons end; nice accomplishment to retire on.

1 hour ago, kingofsurrey said:

Rest Henrik?  He's 200 games into his new ironman streak.

5 hours ago, FireGillis said:

It's a shame we beat arizona as that was a big 4 point tank game, so catching them is probably out of the question now, unless they can beat us the next 3 games.  We'll probably end up in the 4th spot, but hopefully I'm wrong and ottawa and buffalo can pass us.

Yeah I think it's likely we'll finish 2nd last, cause Arizona will out-tank us. I think Ottawa and Buffalo will pass us though. 

5 hours ago, dukeofcanuck said:

They should rest Brock for a few games, no reason for him to hurt himself more. Should help the tank as well.

I kind of agree, but I want him to have a shot at the Calder. He's still putting up assists and making smart plays. 

I'm no tank nation member - that is for sure - but I do appreciate that tank nation has toned it down this year.

It has waited for the most part for the M.A.S.H. season to unravel.  We didn't hear the onslaught before New Years even hit - the deadline imo is an appropriate point at which to wave the tankflag.

It has celebrated the prospect of a high pick without descending upon every game day thread and complaining about every goal - or victory - and what it potentially 'cost' the team.

And therefore as a result of what seems like measured and respectful levels of commitment to the tank - I reciprocate - and celebrate the tank with tank nation.

I don't want our players getting overexposed, frustrated, losing confidence - but a measured win here, a competitive but close loss there, and another, a bit of the usual game management shaft, being overmatched particularly in postions of injury (the general M.A.S.H.tank), some good old fashioned bad Canuck luck ...and necessarily dealing an aging and expiring scorer at the deadline - all these things, imo, are part and parcel of a legit tank   And regardless, I'm enjoying watching the team - the compete level on most nights, the commitment to working hard and playing up tempo - more important to me than the short term results.  Getting better every day simply has to be the single-minded goal, and if it is, then you have a realistic foundation for getting better as a team in the future.

The outright organisational intention to lose on the other hand....not palatable, not acceptable, probably for many of us that were actually athletes and find the entire concept laughable in the context of sport, let alone professional sport.

In any event - I don't have any pie in the sky expectations of winning the lottery - or even holding our position - but I'd sure love to land in the 4-5 spot at worst - and be in a position to bring Boqvist to the franchise.  That's my measured wishlist - to maintain a high enough position to get that kind of pmd into our system.

6 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

Mandatory vacations for all our vets. Cough, cough, I mean visits to the ir.

46 minutes ago, oldnews said:

I'm no tank nation member - that is for sure - but I do appreciate that tank nation has toned it down this year.

It has waited for the most part for the M.A.S.H. season to unravel.  We didn't hear the onslaught before New Years even hit - the deadline imo is an appropriate point at which to wave the tankflag.

It has celebrated the prospect of a high pick without descending upon every game day thread and complaining about every goal - or victory - and what it potentially 'cost' the team.

And therefore as a result of what seems like measured and respectful levels of commitment to the tank - I reciprocate - and celebrate the tank with tank nation.

I don't want our players getting overexposed, frustrated, losing confidence - but a measured win here, a competitive but close loss there, and another, a bit of the usual game management shaft, being overmatched particularly in postions of injury (the general M.A.S.H.tank), some good old fashioned bad Canuck luck ...and necessarily dealing an aging and expiring scorer at the deadline - all these things, imo, are part and parcel of a legit tank   And regardless, I'm enjoying watching the team - the compete level on most nights, the commitment to working hard and playing up tempo - more important to me than the short term results.  Getting better every day simply has to be the single-minded goal, and if it is, then you have a realistic foundation for getting better as a team in the future.

The outright organisational intention to lose on the other hand....not palatable, not acceptable, probably for many of us that were actually athletes and find the entire concept laughable in the context of sport, let alone professional sport.

In any event - I don't have any pie in the sky expectations of winning the lottery - or even holding our position - but I'd sure love to land in the 4-5 spot at worst - and be in a position to bring Boqvist to the franchise.  That's my measured wishlist - to maintain a high enough position to get that kind of pmd into our system.

oldnews!  Say it 'aint so.  You swore that you'd never support a tank.  You argued relentlessly that you don't need top picks for rebuilds.  Who am I supposed to argue with now?

I like the fact that coach Green seems to keep our guys battling every game.

Even when the results aren't there..... i really feel like our guys are competing.

Just not enough size / players on their prime on this club to consistently  win right now 

I do give Coach Green alot of credit though.  He seems to have the respect of the players and he gets them ready to play each game. 

Archived