The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Eriksson done for the year with fractured rib. Will he ever find a place in VAN?

Adarsh Sant

Loui Eriksson  

206 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It was a crappy contract as was all of the contracts from that FA class. He is a sound defensive player but not worth that kind of money. If he was to have signed for 15 mil over three years I'm sure Canuck nation would be all over him as much. Win some, lose some. I'm of the thought to let him know there is no place for him here going forward and trying to trade him by retaining 50% of his salary and send him away for a 3rd rounder. 

2 hours ago, Green Building said:

Dude, 0.4 PPG being close to 0.5 PPG is a pretty big difference over a 2 season sample size. It's not that close. I'm not anti-Loui, but I'm not pro-Loui either. He's on the 3rd and 4th line because he hasn't forced himself onto the 2nd or 3rd. The opportunity has been there the entire time, but he's failed to seize it thus far.

I just think thats a pretty debatable point, I don't think he's been given the right opportunities in part because of his defensive play. I'm not sure how you force yourself on to the top 6 playing with Sutter, but I could be wrong. I just don't think its worth all the angst some people throw at him. 

22 minutes ago, Inge34 said:

It was a crappy contract as was all of the contracts from that FA class. He is a sound defensive player but not worth that kind of money. If he was to have signed for 15 mil over three years I'm sure Canuck nation would be all over him as much. Win some, lose some. I'm of the thought to let him know there is no place for him here going forward and trying to trade him by retaining 50% of his salary and send him away for a 3rd rounder. 

That may have been a legendary year for bad UFA contracts. Brutal

I thought that this was a massive over payment at the time the contract was signed.

LE hasn't scored over 70 points since 2011/2012.

That said, I did not expect the huge drop-off that we've seen (he averaged 49 points during his 3 seasons with Boston).

Good to see some kids, not sure if that's a good thing for our draft lottery. They might bring some energy and tenacity that breathes some life into our team. Good thing Nilsson and Marky are 100% though. Tank rolls on. This will hopefully lock Goldy into our lineup for the remainder of the season. I have been very happy with his play lately. Guy has obvious talent. Just gotta make it stick. 

9 hours ago, Green Building said:

That signing at the time was a little pricey and too much term, but that's what it takes to lure a FA to a struggling team sometimes. Who could have predicted that Eriksson would have regressed as much as he did? His drop off has been nothing short of astounding. 

i don't think it's that big of a surprise.. look at his linemates in boston vs his linemates in vancouver.. he's playing with stars in their prime vs sedins in their twilight or whomever he's playing with no named Bo.. look at his linemates in boston.. they are making whoever's playing with them look like a star in this league

Archived