Borowiecki

Klefbom 

Nuge

Puljujarvi/Yamamoto 

2018 1st - top 5 lottery protected 

or

2019 unprotected 

Ottawa gets: 

good young and cheap players with term or that are in ELC. Ottawa ownership doesn’t want to spend money so they will want good contracts as much as anything else. 

#1 center, top 4- potential top pairing dman, elite prospect with either great size or speed and a first. 

Oilers get:

A Mcdavid-Karlsson combo which would scare the entire league offensively and with their speed for years. 3 vs 3 overtime would be a joy to watch.  They also get a defensive forward and some grit on the backend. 

They give up offense with RNH But are likely ready to go in a different direct as they already have their #1 center and as he’s often injured and he would free up some cash which would be needed to resign karlsson. 

Yamamoto vs puljujarvi would depend on if you want to keep attacking teams with speed and have a possible line mate that could keep up with mcdavid or someone that can dominate down low and get Lucic going. 

Put this together quickly with an Oilers fan. 

any kind of starting point here ? 

If EK's gonna move on, I don't think he'd choose EDM(they'd need a guarantee he'd sign there).

If I were in Chia-pet's shoes, I'd sell Drai to MTL, for Galchenyuk(or Gallagher) & their 2018 1st(if it's top-5).

You add two top-5 picks this draft, to McD, Nurse, Poolparty, RNH & Yamamoto. Prob too late, & Chia muffed everything up.

well if edmonton traded for karlsson

and signed him for........ let's just pick a number . 11 million per season

they'd have him, 12.5 for mcdavid, 8.5 for drai, and 6 for lucic

half their salary cap for 4 players for at least then next 5 years

so i guess the rest get what? 2 milion per player

good luck building any depth there

but nice to say you have the best d and centreman in the entire league on your crappy team

15 minutes ago, PunjabiCanucks said:

To Edm:

Karlsson

Other Pieces

To Ottawa:

Lucics ugly contract

2018 1st rd pick (not protected)

and other pieces (other picks too)

*In the end, EDM cant afford Karlsson nor should take the risk of acquiring him if he won't resign*

Ottawa is already trying to get rid of Ryan I really don't see them trading for Lucic.

1 hour ago, Pears said:

I think any Karlsson to Edmonton package would have to include Draisaitl going the other way. Not sure Ottawa would settle for anything less. 

If EK wants out of Ottawa because of the team’s lack of direction, and poor management, why would he want to go/stay in Edmonton?  Is EK married or have a  steady girl?  Would she want to live in Edmonton?  

1 hour ago, Pears said:

I think any Karlsson to Edmonton package would have to include Draisaitl going the other way. Not sure Ottawa would settle for anything less. 

For sure. McDavid is going nowhere (until he gets tired of Edmonton, so I give him until next season), so Draisaitl is the starting point for any trade involving Karlsson to Edmonton.

If I'm Dorion, I'm asking for Draisaitl, Nurse, and Edmonton's first. You want the best defenseman in the league? Pay up, Chiapet!

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

For sure. McDavid is going nowhere (until he gets tired of Edmonton, so I give him until next season), so Draisaitl is the starting point for any trade involving Karlsson to Edmonton.

If I'm Dorion, I'm asking for Draisaitl, Nurse, and Edmonton's first. You want the best defenseman in the league? Pay up, Chiapet!

I doubt they’d trade Nurse. I was thinking Draisaitl, Yamamoto, and this years 1st (top 5 protected). Maybe a guy like Ethan Bear as well. 

It's just so risky for Edmonton to trade for Karlsson since he may leave in a year.  If you give up Draisaitl or a package of Nuge/Pulj/1st or any other package, it is essentially for a rental unless you can convince him to re-sign as part of the trade (made after July 1 when they can negotiate).  Without re-signing, no chance Edmonton risks this.  

If I were Edmonton, I'd be extremely interested in Karlsson, but I'd wait until free agency, offer him the big contract and if he signed it, then trade other players like Draisaitl and Nuge for cap space.  That way you'd get Karlsson without losing those assets, then trade the big ticket guys for other cheaper pieces (like the Montreal trade that Nuxfanabroad suggested)

12 hours ago, Alflives said:

If EK wants out of Ottawa because of the team’s lack of direction, and poor management, why would he want to go/stay in Edmonton?  Is EK married or have a  steady girl?  Would she want to live in Edmonton?  

He would want to goto Edmonton to play with a top 2 player in the world for the next 8 years. 

Karlsson has yet to play with any super stars in their prime. A couple years with a 37+ year old Alfie, and a few seasons with a 70 point spezza hardly fit the bill. 

I understand him potentially not wanting to pick edmonton as a place to live over places like LA and Tampa with low tax and nice weather but mcdavid alone would be THE reason he would consider it if there was one. 

Archived