The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jussi Jokinen | #36 | LW/RW

-Vintage Canuck-

Keep in mind: his lowest point total in a full season was 44 and he hit 60 only two years ago. I'd probably take him over Gagner. At least he is playing for a new contract somewhere. He also looks like a good playoff performer (not that we really need one...).

• Like 1

Everyone taking an easy shot at JJ. Not a shiny new toy.......dump on him. Just a cap dump.......dump on him.

JJ does hold value. He just may be that veteran presence in Utica/ #14 forward a la Mike Keane. ( 2018/ 19 )

Probably gone at season's end, but he really should get 3 or 4 games in this year. Canucks have class, they'll do the right thing !

19 minutes ago, SingleThorn said:

Everyone taking an easy shot at JJ. Not a shiny new toy.......dump on him. Just a cap dump.......dump on him.

JJ does hold value. He just may be that veteran presence in Utica/ #14 forward a la Mike Keane. ( 2018/ 19 )

Probably gone at season's end, but he really should get 3 or 4 games in this year. Canucks have class, they'll do the right thing !

If he has a part in enabling us to draft Dahlin, he will be fondly remembered for his efforts.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

If he has a part in enabling us to draft Dahlin, he will be fondly remembered for his efforts.

You're possibly right, but his usage/ non usage should have a modicum of class.

I try not to be a Bettman conspiracy person, but I would fall off the couch on draft day if we don't drop the usual 2 spots.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, SingleThorn said:

It's gotta be hard on him.  He's been tossed around like nothing lately, after having really quite a decent career - and now we acquired him and it's pretty clear he was the throw-in when Motte was clearly the one Benning was after.  He remained classy when interviewed, and I hope he kills it out there and actually makes a case to remain in the bigs.  (Unlikely, I know)

• Upvote 1

Was hoping we could have flipped him for a conditional 7th (team wins the Stanley Cup and we get the pick)

But I don't mind him being here.  in fact, I hope he does well enough to earn a one-year extension and maybe flip him next year.

4 hours ago, Rabbit said:

My friends, we should wait to see any chemistry he could make with Sedins.

My dream is he might surprise everyone.

I think you might be overselling how much these final 20'ish games mean in regards to JJ fitting in or not :lol: