The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Putin has rigged the KHL playoffs so his team will win

1/ So, here is what's happening in the KHL, for those who still can't quite grasp the banality of evil, Russian style... The entire league has been set up this year to allow SKA to win. It's Putin's team, this is Putin's election year, it's chock full of OAR Olympians...

2/ SKA is allowed to ignore the salary cap, its payroll is 6 times that of an average team, it has dibs on every star who considers the KHL. Most of its players are rabid Putin supporters who took part in his campaign rally last week. I repeat: SKA must win. It's not an option...

Much more here

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/971595788315918336.html

"19/ Probably, the most tragic thing about it is that Pavel Datsyuk, an amazing player and not in any way a politician, is having his name soiled with this by playing for SKA. 

That's beyond wack. Datsyuk was one of my favorite players growing up. Lost all respect. It's not like he didn't know what was going on, no one forced him to sign with that team or stay long term. All the players on the team are willing participants. 

"Bettman Has Rigged The NHL Playoffs So His Crony's Son's Team Will Win!"

Headline Circa 2011....

Yawn nothing new in the world of hockey.

2 minutes ago, RRypien37 said:

"19/ Probably, the most tragic thing about it is that Pavel Datsyuk, an amazing player and not in any way a politician, is having his name soiled with this by playing for SKA. 

That's beyond wack. Datsyuk was one of my favorite players growing up. Lost all respect. It's not like he didn't know what was going on, no one forced him to sign with that team or stay long term. All the players on the team are willing participants. 

Datsyuk needs to get paid too... his career is almost over, nothing wrong with making more money before his body no longer allows him to do so in the same way any more. He is there to play hockey, that's what he does, he's not going to be like, "No, I don't want those truck loads of rubles because it's not fair for me to play for this stacked team to the rest of the league." 

If they paid you what he makes I am sure you would happily suit up for SKA right now, as would I. 

23 minutes ago, RRypien37 said:

I guess at this point its how much can you make before retirement. I don't really give the KHL much attention, its not like it produces a wealth of great players. A few but tbh I wouldn't mind not dipping into that pool anymore for the next 3 or 4 drafts. 

Is it any surprise?  Did you see the video of Putin playing hockey on his birthday?  They even gave him a huge trophy.  The game was less believable than the WWE.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/video/2015/oct/07/vladimir-putin-ice-hockey-birthday-video

When you take into account the lengths that Russia went to at the Sochi Olympics, the idea that the KHL is rigged is not surprising at all.

21 minutes ago, goalie13 said:

Is it any surprise?  Did you see the video of Putin playing hockey on his birthday?  They even gave him a huge trophy.  The game was less believable than the WWE.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/video/2015/oct/07/vladimir-putin-ice-hockey-birthday-video

When you take into account the lengths that Russia went to at the Sochi Olympics, the idea that the KHL is rigged is not surprising at all.

Bahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahaha

I think I just $&!# my pants laughing so hard.

54 minutes ago, Aladeen said:

Headline Circa 2011....

Datsyuk needs to get paid too... his career is almost over, nothing wrong with making more money before his body no longer allows him to do so in the same way any more. He is there to play hockey, that's what he does, he's not going to be like, "No, I don't want those truck loads of rubles because it's not fair for me to play for this stacked team to the rest of the league." 

If they paid you what he makes I am sure you would happily suit up for SKA right now, as would I. 

Literally came in just to say what you said. PREACH! Aladeen!

Watch Chicago win the draft lottery but yea lets not talk about the NHL being rigged.

1 hour ago, RRypien37 said:

SKA is the only KHL team that can reliably pay its players.

23 minutes ago, Dral said:

He's probably the reason we get screwed over in the draft every year as well

I think FA should just give the Canucks to Putin... then all the Russian Superstars will be ourzzzzz!!!!

1 hour ago, Mackcanuck said:

Putin has rigged the KHL playoffs so his team will win

I wonder, did Putin even have his hand in this at all, or did the league and team do this on their own for the glory of their leader?

2 hours ago, Xbox said:

SKA is the only KHL team that can reliably pay its players.

With the amount he's made in his NHL career, I doubt money is a big issue for him at this point. He isn't some fringe NHL'er who moved to the KHL at the potential for more money.

A sell out is a sell out. There are plenty out there. 

34 minutes ago, RRypien37 said:

With the amount he's made in his NHL career, I doubt money is a big issue for him at this point. He isn't some fringe NHL'er who moved to the KHL at the potential for more money.

I mean if I had the choice between 10 different jobs and I knew 9 of the 10 jobs wouldn't be able to pay me on time or at all then I wouldn't pick them. If you were in his shoes you'd do the same thing. Not sure how Datsyuk is a sellout for not wanting to play for a bad team that won't pay him.

6 hours ago, RRypien37 said:

i agree

and why do people assume he is not a putin supporter

but he may not care

he may simply be following the money

and does not really care about the political context

his motto may be "just pay me"

• 5 weeks later...
On 2018-03-08 at 12:58 PM, Aladeen said:

Headline Circa 2011....

Greed does not replace ethics. Getting paid trumps courage and principles then ‘following orders’ is also okay. 

You go ahead and ‘suit up’ for a gangster/dictator/murder who robs his people blind (do you know how $&!#ty the average Russian has it right now) and is partaking in Genocide in Syria by backing Assad so Russia can show case its weapons. 

EmW

On 2018-03-08 at 8:42 AM, Mackcanuck said:

1/ So, here is what's happening in the KHL, for those who still can't quite grasp the banality of evil, Russian style... The entire league has been set up this year to allow SKA to win. It's Putin's team, this is Putin's election year, it's chock full of OAR Olympians...

2/ SKA is allowed to ignore the salary cap, its payroll is 6 times that of an average team, it has dibs on every star who considers the KHL. Most of its players are rabid Putin supporters who took part in his campaign rally last week. I repeat: SKA must win. It's not an option...

Much more here

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/971595788315918336.html

Putin has that little guy syndrome.  

Archived