The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Minnesota Wild vs. Vancouver Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

Size does matter, the smaller Canucks are just being pushed off the puck or just can't push the larger players off. They reach around trying to get their sticks involved and will end up with holding or hooking calls.

The shot totals are being skewed, shots are being counted from outside the blue line. Sometimes it looks like the Nucks are just trying to get the numbers up.

3 hours ago, aGENT said:

Makes no difference IMO. Still had injury issues and playing boring, low event hockey that isn't how we want the team to play when healthy and better, would have maybe got us a few more wins. Which makes basically zero difference to season on whole.

And it would have been a poor message to the youth and likely driven away even more fans. 

except it effectively killed the season in january

not sure how happy the owner is about his game day ticket sales bottoming out completely

2 hours ago, Bertuzzi44ever said:

Why do people say TANK NATION.

I get Tank, but the Nation part comes from Leaf Fans. Leaf Nation is there saying so when the Leafs were bad they made it TANK NATION before they got Matthews.

Seeing Canuck fans write TANK NAtion is embarassing because it doesen't make sense, and it's copying Leaf Fans someone we definitely don't wanna copy.

Canucks Nation isn't really a saying. We have other ones like WE ARE ALL CANUCKS, CANUCKS PLACE, etc. etc.

We are all Can-tank-erous?

23 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

except it effectively killed the season in january

not sure how happy the owner is about his game day ticket sales bottoming out completely

No it didn't. Injuries to a still rebuilding team killed the season.

Again, playing boring, low event hockey to maybe eek out a few extra wins wouldn't have accomplished much in the bigger picture of the full season and would have been more damaging to both player development AND fan support. You're kidding yourself to think otherwise. 

2 hours ago, EdgarM said:

You bite your tongue mister! :lol: Bring back Magma. Haha.

I guess you are not familiar with such concepts such as pride, character and heart? If they just roll over and die then all you have is another Oiler team. Ewww! ::D

No none at all. If it comes down to landing the best player possible who will play for the next ten years or pride?

I will take the player.

Ask Horvat if he would like Dahlin on his team . Or anyone of the top five picks. Building a team for the future needs to be part of the equation. There is nothing a player wants more than to be on a club that can not just be competitive but compete for the cup!

17 hours ago, StealthNuck said:

Even more shocking, neither of those goals were on the PP. 

but the question is did he shoot the puck on either of those goal?

there must be a video somewhere of "EVERY GOAL BY HENRIK SEDIN THIS SEASON"

2 hours ago, TheGuardian_ said:

Size does matter, the smaller Canucks are just being pushed off the puck or just can't push the larger players off. They reach around trying to get their sticks involved and will end up with holding or hooking calls.

The shot totals are being skewed, shots are being counted from outside the blue line. Sometimes it looks like the Nucks are just trying to get the numbers up.

Absolutely Size matters. Especially on D. Did you see Stecher trying to move Staal. Its not just offense we need from the D its the abilty to play good D and contribute on the rush and from the Power play. I said we should draft Bouchard over Boqvist and got grilled here. Bouchard is 6'2 200 and plays well at that weight.  Boqvist is 5'10 170 and is a forward that plays defense.

We need to get bigger to be successful and not just bigger but bigger with skill. Look At Tampa Bay. Big defense men that can skate and play the game. I see Boqvist Merkely Dobson all the same. They can move the puck but not the man. When you look at the teams in our division it will be about blocking out the bigger forwards not just skating the puck out of trouble.

1 hour ago, appleboy said:

No none at all. If it comes down to landing the best player possible who will play for the next ten years or pride?

I will take the player.

Ask Horvat if he would like Dahlin on his team . Or anyone of the top five picks. Building a team for the future needs to be part of the equation. There is nothing a player wants more than to be on a club that can not just be competitive but compete for the cup!

Oh and some how we are magically going to win the lottery? Your dreamin buddy. Obviously you haven't played organized sports to realize how losing on a regular basis does to team moral. I don't think your last statement explains the Sedins at all as they are quite happy exactly where they are. ::D

31 minutes ago, mikeyman109 said:

Absolutely Size matters. Especially on D. Did you see Stecher trying to move Staal. Its not just offense we need from the D its the abilty to play good D and contribute on the rush and from the Power play. I said we should draft Bouchard over Boqvist and got grilled here. Bouchard is 6'2 200 and plays well at that weight.  Boqvist is 5'10 170 and is a forward that plays defense.

We need to get bigger to be successful and not just bigger but bigger with skill. Look At Tampa Bay. Big defense men that can skate and play the game. I see Boqvist Merkely Dobson all the same. They can move the puck but not the man. When you look at the teams in our division it will be about blocking out the bigger forwards not just skating the puck out of trouble.

Haven't you heard? Apparently all we need is small "Elite" quick players as this is how the NEW NHL TODAY spells success. :lol:

2 hours ago, coastal.view said:

except it effectively killed the season in January

That's funny I was at the Nashville game and it was pretty packed in the arena. Not sold out but there are still people out there wanting to see NHL hockey.

19 hours ago, AllWeatherFan said:

Good thing we have veteran leadership on this team again this year. 

Would hate the young guys to get used to a losing environment  

Actually, you get the impression the environment on the team is 180 degrees from last season.   There is a sense of "team" with this group and you get the feeling all the injuries were never used as an excuse.   Markstrom is an emotional guy but you get a sense a lot feel like he does and wants everyone to "c'mon guys!".    Frustration is a sign of giving a deuce.   I see Sutter playing as hard as he ever has.  Edler has played very hard since coming back from injury.   That is, indeed, leadership.

20 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

Oh and some how we are magically going to win the lottery? Your dreamin buddy. Obviously you haven't played organized sports to realize how losing on a regular basis does to team moral. I don't think your last statement explains the Sedins at all as they are quite happy exactly where they are. ::D

If you have played a lot of sports, which you are implying, it also depends how you lose.  Sooo many close games this year that could have gone either way.  In the past 20 games alone, other than two they were within reach in the third period.   That is far different than giving up in the first period.   Take that Rangers game - coming back after being done 3 doughnut is not the sign of a team with bad morale (I think you meant morale....as bad morals would be a different discussion entirely).

13 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Actually, you get the impression the environment on the team is 180 degrees from last season.   There is a sense of "team" with this group and you get the feeling all the injuries were never used as an excuse.   Markstrom is an emotional guy but you get a sense a lot feel like he does and wants everyone to "c'mon guys!".    Frustration is a sign of giving a deuce.   I see Sutter playing as hard as he ever has.  Edler has played very hard since coming back from injury.   That is, indeed, leadership.

What about the Sedins? :lol:

12 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

If you have played a lot of sports, which you are implying, it also depends how you lose.  Sooo many close games this year that could have gone either way.  In the past 20 games alone, other than two they were within reach in the third period.   That is far different than giving up in the first period.   Take that Rangers game - coming back after being done 3 doughnut is not the sign of a team with bad morale (I think you meant morale....as bad morals would be a different discussion entirely).

Oh don't get me wrong, I am not implying the team is giving up. Appleboy wants them to lose on purpose because he thinks we are going to magically win the Lottery. 

Just now, EdgarM said:

What about the Sedins? :lol:

What about them?   They seemingly are playing better past month than in past year and a bit.   I am sure they are doing what they always have (lead by example).   Never going to be rah-rah guys.

Just now, EdgarM said:

Oh don't get me wrong, I am not implying the team is giving up. Appleboy wants them to lose on purpose because he thinks we are going to magically win the Lottery. 

Me thinks if that it true, Appleboy should take a stats class.

1 hour ago, mikeyman109 said:

I agree with you with having big players with skill on the blueline is important. But isn’t Dobson like 6’3?? I’d rather him over Bouchard. Bouchard seems like he’s benefiting a lot from playing on a pretty skilled team. He’s still a very good prospect but I’d go with Dobson over him. I actually wouldn’t mind dropping to 6 or 7 this draft we need a potential top pairing D-man with a bit of size and if we aren’t winning the lotto there will be a few to choose from in the 5-10 range.

16 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

What about them?   They seemingly are playing better past month than in past year and a bit.   I am sure they are doing what they always have (lead by example).   Never going to be rah-rah guys.

That's what I am saying they never have been "rah-rah guys". So its OK for other players to get "frustrated", play "harder" or get "emotional" but somehow the Sedins are exempt from that, really?

Archived