The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Minnesota Wild vs. Vancouver Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

"We're not just going to sit back and trap and try to defend all night and let teams play in our zone. You're still gonna defend your ass off. We're not gonna change our whole system because we're undermanned. We're just not. I like the way we played tonight. I think if we go in and try to play a tight defensive-minded game, the results are going to be worse, and we're going to look slow and lethargic and sit on our heels. The chances tonight, I think, were 16 to 12, and they had three on the powerplay, so.." - Green

26 minutes ago, ColeTr11 said:

Tank nation should be pleased; Horvat got a point and we took another L

Tank nation is never pleased.  In one breath they'll preach the Canucks need to finish as low as possible to increase their lottery odds and in the next breath they'll complain about how bad the Canucks have been the past 3 years.

3 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

"We're not just going to sit back and trap and try to defend all night and let teams play in our zone. You're still gonna defend your ass off. We're not gonna change our whole system because we're undermanned. We're just not. I like the way we played tonight. I think if we go in and try to play a tight defensive-minded game, the results are going to be worse, and we're going to look slow and lethargic and sit on our heels. The chances tonight, I think, were 16 to 12, and they had three on the powerplay, so.." - Green

I love “truculent” Travis Green

21 minutes ago, YummyCakeFace said:

Some of the worst seasons in Canucks history were back when Benning was on the team in the mid to late 80's........deja vu. 

I find it funny how everyone screams for youth. yet when they lose or make rookie mistakes everyone $&!#s on them.  Yes we are not very good. We are also missing 5 regulars and we started perhaps the worst goalie in the NHL. yet fans scream go young next year forget the vets.  Well, expect a lot of pissed off fans next year when our rookies all don't turn into Brock right away. The ones I think need to go our dowd Gags Gaunce Louie if we can retain and find A team that might be A better fit. and Motte depth player at best. 

29 minutes ago, YummyCakeFace said:

Some of the worst seasons in Canucks history were back when Benning was on the team in the mid to late 80's........deja vu. 

And some of trhe best will be while he is our GM. What A silly point. I guess all those high end prospects and dead weight he got rid of mean nothing? Oh wait i forgot he made 1 bad signing with Louie, who FWIW his agent said 16 teams had interest, some with more money., 

6 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

That's some Willie shade there, but Green is absolutely right. Only if he was given the right kind of players...

7 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Love it.

No 'harm reduction' hockey.  Thank you TG. 

Shot attempts were 62-52 Vancouver.  Lots of skill absent from the forward group, but keep playing the right way.  Who cares about the short term results?  Keep it as up tempo as possible.

Oh I’m prepared to fall the max amount of spots again and see us getting one of those dmen which would be a fantastic pick at 4th or 5th. Benning is old school and I can see him draft for position over BPA as I kinda feel like he did with Juolevi. Leading up to that draft all we heard was how much Benning said our d prospect pool is weak and we’d really like to add in that area. I wouldn’t be surprised if Boqvist is #2 on Bennings board. I can see Svechnikov being a winger version of Evgeni Malkin. He’s the 2nd best prospect in this draft and as much as I like Boqvist and Bouchard and that I realize our d pool is weak I don’t hesitate for a second picking Scechnikov over them.

4 minutes ago, oldnews said:

I wouldn't be surprised if only 6 of tonights forwards are in the lineup next year.

That sounds about right, actually.  If Pettersson, Dahlen, Gaudette and maybe even Lind make the team... and we add in the players who are injured right now, but will be in the lineup next Fall (Boeser, most notably, but also one of Gaunce or Baertschi) and you have a half dozen faces we didn't see tonight.   Jokinen won't be here, obviously.  One of Gagner or Eriksson might be moved, the Sedins may not return... Archibald may or may not make the team.  Dowd looks redundant. Yes, big changes next year, even if the Sedins are re-signed for one last year.

5 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

Oh I’m prepared to fall the max amount of spots again and see us getting one of those dmen which would be a fantastic pick at 4th or 5th. Benning is old school and I can see him draft for position over BPA as I kinda feel like he did with Juolevi. Leading up to that draft all we heard was how much Benning said our d prospect pool is weak and we’d really like to add in that area. I wouldn’t be surprised if Boqvist is #2 on Bennings board. I can see Svechnikov being a winger version of Evgeni Malkin. He’s the 2nd best prospect in this draft and as much as I like Boqvist and Bouchard and that I realize our d pool is weak I don’t hesitate for a second picking Scechnikov over them.

I don't think so - and I don't think drafting by position would be "old school" - old school is BPA.

Archived