The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Minnesota Wild vs. Vancouver Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

8 hours ago, YummyCakeFace said:

Some of the worst seasons in Canucks history were back when Benning was on the team in the mid to late 80's........deja vu. 

I remember....he was mentored by Harry Neale. He has Harry Neale written all over him.

9 hours ago, 1-d said:

I'm immune to them now. Sedins' postgame comments are like those cookies from a vending machine. People just eat them to fill their stomach, no matter how stale they are.

I guess when the media stops asking them the same stale questions under the same circumstances we'll hear a different set of comments

6 hours ago, khay said:

I also have noticed the same thing. After all, Danny is still a 20 goal scorer.

I didn't think it was possible before but i think Daniel and Henrik may retire at different times. Daniel may play longer.

It would very peculiar, and have to wonder if it's even possible.  Don't know if I can see the Canucks "Hey Danny, we'd like to talk about another year... er, Hank, do you mind?  This is kinda private business." 

There is however the possibility that Hank has a chronic injury(s) or something and may decide it's time, but then perhaps they would just both retire instead of ever having any sort of split.

3 hours ago, appleboy said:

I think they should send Goldy , Boucher and Leipsic back to Utica. Bring back a Megna or who ever.  You have to wonder how far we could drop. We might hit the bottom. That would guaranty us 4th. 

NOW IS THE TIME TO TANK. 

There is nothing else to play for.

Leipsic requires waivers, they aren't likely to risk losing a player they just acquired and are likely very happy with.  The team is bad enough right now even with them in the lineup, and the paying fans are owed at least an attempt to ice a decent and entertaining product.  Besides that, I think they have only one more recall, and it would be much better used on a young player.

7 hours ago, GreyHatnDart said:

Username checks out. 

Here we go again with the same old idiotic way of viewing things that says dedicated fans of a team can’t also be critical of the team at times. 

Im here aren’t I? Watching hockey, cheering for the team, PVRing and going to games when few others are. 

Pull your our head out of your a**

9 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

"We're not just going to sit back and trap and try to defend all night and let teams play in our zone. You're still gonna defend your ass off. We're not gonna change our whole system because we're undermanned. We're just not. I like the way we played tonight. I think if we go in and try to play a tight defensive-minded game, the results are going to be worse, and we're going to look slow and lethargic and sit on our heels. The chances tonight, I think, were 16 to 12, and they had three on the powerplay, so.." - Green

exactly

green refused to change the system in january when the team encountered injuries to bo and sutter, etc

so why would he change it now

i commented in january that his unwillingness to make changes to the system to better suit the personnel

was ensuring that the team would lose

they will continue to lose presently because the personnel cannot effectively carry out his system of play

so do not be surprised to see the canucks lose 80% or more of their remaining games

just as they did when bo and sutter, etc were out

9 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

exactly

green refused to change the system in january when the team encountered injuries to bo and sutter, etc

so why would he change it now

i commented in january that his unwillingness to make changes to the system to better suit the personnel

was ensuring that the team would lose

they will continue to lose presently because the personnel cannot effectively carry out his system of play

so do not be surprised to see the canucks lose 80% or more of their remaining games

just as they did when bo and sutter, etc were out

It’s called tanking 

and most of us have zero issue with it at this point in the season 

10 hours ago, Rush17 said:

Is it just me or is Daniel far more motivated about playing hockey lately?  Henrik seems like he's dragging his legs around the ice at times.  I'm curious if we might see only Daniel return if he wants to stick around for a few years.

I think most of us could live with that. Two Sedins coming back is too much though in my opinion.

1 hour ago, AllWeatherFan said:

Here we go again with the same old idiotic way of viewing things that says dedicated fans of a team can’t also be critical of the team at times. 

Im here aren’t I? Watching hockey, cheering for the team, PVRing and going to games when few others are. 

Pull your our head out of your a**

Lol will do!

2 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

It would very peculiar, and have to wonder if it's even possible.  Don't know if I can see the Canucks "Hey Danny, we'd like to talk about another year... er, Hank, do you mind?  This is kinda private business." 

There is however the possibility that Hank has a chronic injury(s) or something and may decide it's time, but then perhaps they would just both retire instead of ever having any sort of split.

I don't think it will be Canucks asking Danny but Sedins discussing amongst themselves. Henrik may feel that his body can no longer take the punishments whereas Daniel may still feel fine.

After all, Henrik is a centre and had to endure more punishments to the body especially to his back area.

Archived