The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Early Offseason Predictions (Discussion)

Hey guys and gals, 

Up late due to my kids snoring up a storm, i swear it feels like they could suck up the furniture. Anywaysss thinking about a multitude of Potential movement in the offseason and wanted to see what your guys early predictions for the offseason are. 

A few of mine are: 

1.Tavares goes to NYR. I feel it would be fitting. They have cap space, are on the big stage of madison square and even though they traded some assets, with a good offseason, could be right back in the mix next season. 

2.Kovalchuk returns to the Nhl and goes to the Leafs, Panthers or San Jose. 

3. After a dissapointing playoffs and really a team that looks like they are going nowhere. OVECHKIN is put on the block and moved to St Louis for a package centered around Schwartz, picks and other pieces. 

4. Kane signs with Canucks, Flames or San Jose.

5. Karlsson is traded this offseason, along with Bobby Ryan and Mark Stone signs with the Leafs, Panthers or Vegas.

6. We finally draft in the top 3. 

7. Sedins return to Van. 

8. Bergevin is fired in Montreal. 

9. Carlson signs with Flyers, Canucks or Vegas. 

Anddddd Go..... 

Bergevin is not getting fired - from the boss himself this week.   The Habs have this feature 'Like a boss' where owner Geoff Molson answers fan questions and he was asked about their plans going forward.  Incidentally they are not tearing it down either.

He referred to what Bergevin said at the TDL.  Their plan in the summer is to bring a bit more youth, speed and character to the lineup.  They think they already have a core group of players who have shown in the past that they are a team that can win.  He says he's convinced that Bergevin will do what he needs to do to come back with a good team next year.

I assume you meant we finally draft top three as in since the Sedins, I will go one further and say we finally draft first overall.  

But if we don't Bouchard is a great consolation prize, currently listed as 5 th best skater but those are mid-term reports, it's not often that a defensemen is top ten in scoring in the OHL, he's step in good.  The more we lose the more we win at the draft table, and at this point it's looking like excellent odds to draft our first bona fide #1 ever.  

Sedins come back....please be 3million or less for one year, without the trade clauses...

Jim will resign Megna and Chaput and wiercoich before the draft 

Jim will try to aquire draft picks at the draft but be in succesful.(no suprise)...followed by a few classic excuses. 

jim will fill the team with g grade ufas again including vanek and joke again. 

Jim will resign the sedins.

The  areana will remain empty it will be jim last season as gm.(hopefully).

K, I'll go....

- Kane resigns with San Jose.

- Karlsson is traded to the Lightning.

- Tavares sticks with the Isles.

- Sedins sign one year, 4 million dollar contracts with the Canucks.

- Vancouver picks 6th in the draft lottery, select Boqvist after Dahlin, Svech, Zadina, Tkachuk and Wahlstrom are picked 1-5.

- Tanev is dealt at/before the draft for another 1st rd pick and a B prospect/later pick.

- Pettersson doesn't play another year in Sweden, signs and comes over to North America.

1 hour ago, Hutton Wink said:

So we're going to re-sign the Sedins AND Kane.  If no other moves, then no rookies brought in and we run with basically the same roster as this year?

Well i wrote this at like 3 am, so im sorry i wasnt detail oriented. If the Sedins come back, i think we focus on a PP dman. If they dont, i would expect us to be aggresive for Kane, along with a PP dman. I wish we would be aggresive for Stone, guy is a great player and good leader for our youth. We are also trading Tanev this offseason. 

if we get lucky and draft dahlin, i would want tanev to be his partner his first year. he is important to this team's forward progress. i'ld want edler or gudbranson moved first. 

the rebuild will be closer to complete in 2 years. benning will try to keep this team competitive, until the new core is ready to carry the load and move us back into the playoffs. 

in 2 years we should see, 

dahlen...pettersson...boeser

leipsic...horvat...lind

gadjovich...gaudette...virtanen

archibald...sutter...granlund

dahlin...tanev

juolevi...chatfield

brisbois...stecher

demko

patience till then.

4 hours ago, combover said:

Jim will try to aquire draft picks at the draft but be in succesful.(no suprise)...followed by a few classic excuses. 

My god your depressing, must be an Oilers fan

4 hours ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

K, I'll go....

- Kane resigns with San Jose.

- Karlsson is traded to the Lightning.

- Tavares sticks with the Isles.

- Sedins sign one year, 4 million dollar contracts with the Canucks.

- Vancouver picks 6th in the draft lottery, select Boqvist after Dahlin, Svech, Zadina, Tkachuk and Wahlstrom are picked 1-5.

- Tanev is dealt at/before the draft for another 1st rd pick and a B prospect/later pick.

- Pettersson doesn't play another year in Sweden, signs and comes over to North America.

To me, eerily accurate...except I take Bouchard instead of Boqvist. The Tanev 1st, I'm figuring on in the mid 20s...about where Alexandre Alexeyev is ranked.

1 hour ago, Father Ryan said:

To me, eerily accurate...except I take Bouchard instead of Boqvist. The Tanev 1st, I'm figuring on in the mid 20s...about where Alexandre Alexeyev is ranked.

I prefer Bouchard too, but if it comes down to it I expect the Canucks to pick Boqvist.

Predictions:

1. Canucks are revealed to be one of the teams that lean heavily into the Tavares sweepstakes but come up short. Tavares either ends up in NYR or Buffalo.

2.Kovalchuk returns to the NHL and ends up with the Rangers.

3. Kane doesn't sign with Vancouver. Ends up with the Islanders.

4. Karlsson dealt at the draft in a blockbuster. Bobby Ryan isn't moved alongside Karlsson. Vegas ends up being the team that bites.

5. Canucks fall to 4 and pick up Bouchard.

6. Lou returns as the GM of the Maple Leafs prompting Kyle Dubas to accept an offer to become the GM of the Carolina Hurricanes. Sheldon Keefe becomes Hurricanes head coach.

8. Bergevin is fired in Montreal. Replaced by Julien Brisebois, the current assistant GM of the Lightning.

9. Canucks deal Baertschi and Gaunce for a collection of prospects + picks in the days leading up to the draft (if not on draft day, itself). Baertschi goes for 3rd and 6th, Gaunce goes for a 4th. Granlund not moved.

10. Tanev isn't dealt by the Canucks and instead the Canucks find a taker for Del Zotto.

11. Pettersson heads to the Canucks and he, Gaudette, and Juolevi will make the Canucks. Juolevi most likely to bounce between AHL and NHL.

12. Laurence Gillman finds himself a frontrunner for a GM job but doesn't end up making the cut for any team.

11 hours ago, combover said:

Arty is that you?

Archived