The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Van Carolina

My first proposal on here don’t destroy me too bad

Van. Sign and trade Baertschi (from what I’ve seen and looked at comparable and coming off injury probably around 3 yrs 2.75-3.  tanev 20% retained. 2019 4th

Car. McKeown fleury Marcus Kruger 2019 2nd

Why van does it instantly restocks d prospect pool with d men that could make the jump immediately considering Canucks dcore compared to Carolina’s. Yes take on some useless salary but is gone after 2019 season and 890k for 1 year after. Both d drafted as offensive d men. Fleury has developed more into a two way d man. Realistically I don’t see either of these guys becoming superstars. But I see the ceiling as top pairing. And safe bet solid 2nd pairing d men

Van retains some salary even tho Carolina has tons of cap space they aren’t a cap team they have an organizational cap though. Which means they need to have money well spent. Carolina has 3 rfa forwards 2 ufa forwards. 3 rfa d men one of them being hanifin and needing to find a second goalie after this year is why they dump useless salary. For Vancouver it opens up roster spot and eventual cap space after Kruger is off the books. Kruger would be buried in the minors. Helps the logjam of wingers on the big club as well. 

Carolina does it to have a seasoned stay at home d man which allows there young skilled offensive dmen to play there game. A skilled 2nd line forward at a good cost who is proven in the nhl. Yes it is more salary but salary that is useful and replaces one of the Canes impending Ufa’s that would need to be replaced anyways. Baertschi is obviously an upgrade to Kruger. With the tough division they are in philly and Columbus being hit and miss year to year. Both New York teams probably bottom of the division with islanders losing Tavares (most likely). Pitt and wash both top of the division but with age and salary restrictions could regress in a few years maybe. And New Jersey as a young team starting there trend upward. It’s not far fetched to see Carolina making a playoff push in the coming years with there skilled offence and good young d. Also gives them an inside track to resign tanev or use as trade bait if needed. McKeown is blocked on the d depth chart and when bean is ready most likely surpass fleury. 

4th might be a stretch maybe a third but I’d like to see JB have at least 4 picks in the top 3 rounds

3 hours ago, zzbottom said:

sorry

Love how you always find A way to mock Tanev any chance you get. FWIW he averages close to 70 games A year. Never had A serious ongoing injury, and the last 2 seasons he has been hit hard with fluke injuries and illnesses. I don't think I've ever seen you post something unless you have A chance to make fun of Tanev. Leafs fan? or troll?

This team has Hutton, Pouliot, MDZ, Gud, Stetcher,  MDZ already to pick from for 2nd pairing D. IMO Tanev should be part of a package to acquire a 1st line fwd or high end prospect and a pick. Not a bunch more excess depth even if they are decent middling prospects. Id hate to trade Tanev and only end up with a mediocre player 3 years down the line. 

Don't they need centers?  J. Staal and Lindholm are their top two guys and they're each only like 40 point guys in a full season.

Aho and Skinner are also solid left wing options so I think after the D group, their LW's are amongst the least of their concerns.

5 hours ago, bp79 said:

Love how you always find A way to mock Tanev any chance you get. FWIW he averages close to 70 games A year. Never had A serious ongoing injury, and the last 2 seasons he has been hit hard with fluke injuries and illnesses. I don't think I've ever seen you post something unless you have A chance to make fun of Tanev. Leafs fan? or troll?

In his five full seasons for the Canucks, he has missed an average of 20.5 games a season. So 70 games a year isn't exactly mathematically possible. I like Tanev, as everyone does, but he is definitely flawed. His body is not going to age well, already isn't. 

I'd like to pluck young Hanifin or Slavin off their defense somehow, maybe Gaudette and Tanev for one of them and something else back?  They need help at center, it would suck to lose Gaudette before he's played a game for us, but we need talented young defenseman.

Archived