The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Los Angeles Kings

-Vintage Canuck-

You guys should not get your hopes up too high.

All this tanking non-sense.

EVen if we finish dead last there's an 80 percent chance we're NOT getting him..

Hear me out. The Sabres did this to get McDavid, granted they got an unreal player in Eichel and maybe that's the point to ensure we get an amazing pick but I think getting wins and confidence and finishing strong. and sill finishing in the bottom five and taking are chances would help the kids confidence and wouldn't effect the lottery too much.

Even the AVS finished dead last and moved down four spots.

THis whole cheering againt the Canucks for 20 games thing has been too depressing to me... Bad Habits may form. Maybe the Coach and the players stop getting along in areas, maybe managment and the coaches start ruffling...I don't want us to lose every single game just for that extraa few percent.

I know its the best odds, but to me, I'd rather have players do well, team establish a playing style, and not have everything be NEW next year and have more growing pains all just to get a 5 percent higher chance at a certain player.

That may be just me.

1 hour ago, Boudrias said:

Stawns it is 2018. This team is another 3 years away from contention if all goes better than expected. Not so upset about the time factor but the rebuild should have started 2 years earlier IMHO. What really upsets me is the conversion of vets to picks and prospects. A brutal effort. 

How many vets have they let walk for nothing?  What did you expect for those vets? 

Its a whole lot of crying about nothing - we got solid pick/prospect/Youth returns for: Garrison, Bieksa, Kesler, Burrows, Hansen, Vanek, Holm and Lack.

7 hours ago, ilduce39 said:

How many vets have they let walk for nothing?  What did you expect for those vets? 

Its a whole lot of crying about nothing - we got solid pick/prospect/Youth returns for: Garrison, Bieksa, Kesler, Burrows, Hansen, Vanek, Holm and Lack.

We got nothing for Santorelli (even though he was out for the season), or Vrbata (even though he gave a bogus list of teams), or Hamhuis (even though he gave us 1 whole team to deal with that got their 1st choice instead). Mattias walked but I doubt the gentle giant would of been in demand or worth much.

8 hours ago, Bertuzzi44ever said:

EVen if we finish dead last there's an 80 percent chance we're NOT getting him..

Hear me out. The Sabres did this to get McDavid, granted they got an unreal player in Eichel and maybe that's the point to ensure we get an amazing pick but I think getting wins and confidence and finishing strong. and sill finishing in the bottom five and taking are chances would help the kids confidence and wouldn't effect the lottery too much.

THis whole cheering againt the Canucks for 20 games thing has been too depressing to me... Bad Habits may form. Maybe the Coach and the players stop getting along in areas, maybe managment and the coaches start ruffling...I don't want us to lose every single game just for that extraa few percent.

I know its the best odds, but to me, I'd rather have players do well, team establish a playing style, and not have everything be NEW next year and have more growing pains all just to get a 5 percent higher chance at a certain player.

That may be just me.

Well said.

I too hate to see the elation on here when they lose. There is no identifying with the spirit of the players will to win when you do that. 

There we had minutes to go and Boeser, our top scorer still wanted to make a needless hit against a known hard man Clutterbuck. Resulting in what could have been a career threatening injury. Do we think he was thinking "down tools now the score doesn't really matter?"

Look at Bo's face the other night after defeat and we have nothing but posts basking in that defeat - And what's really funny is many don't have the stomach or the fortitude to even watch the games. Many are not fans they are just losers who can't wait for the next bandwagon.

As you say it is unlikely to make much difference in the end. Look at where we picked Boeser. 

Good o/a scouting, signing and trading has a far greater effect on progress imo than a top 3 pick. At any rate lets have some respect for the player's endeavours out on the ice.

15 hours ago, stawns said:

Who would you replace them with, draft picks?

Yep, that woulda made it a lot more scorched-earth.

Dont get me wrong, I think we've made a lot of good moves and the rebuild is close to being done, but I wish we would have cut deeper and earlier.

1 hour ago, nzan said:

Yep, that woulda made it a lot more scorched-earth.

Dont get me wrong, I think we've made a lot of good moves and the rebuild is close to being done, but I wish we would have cut deeper and earlier.

I understand the sentiment, but you can't put draft picks into your NHL lineup, they still needed to put an actual team on the ice.  Sadly, because of the way the last management group did contracts, they were never going to get great value from the players they moved.......they didn't make perfect moves, but they did pretty wel, imo.

20 hours ago, Bertuzzi44ever said:

That may be just me.

I am fully expecting us to pick 5th or higher this year. I made the mistake last year of allowing myself to have even a little bit of hope to win the lottery then I was disappointed. I'm not cheering for us to lose, I was just throwing that comment out there as our odds for the lottery is the only thing that matters at this point.

Archived