The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Van NYI

Summer trade

To Van: Ross Johnston - 24 years old, 6'5 236lbs LW

This guy wins fights in devastating fashion. We need a guy like this to replace dorset and keep teams honest around Pettersson. Except this guy could actually handle the heavy weights in the league. Archibald is not a fighter and we can't rely sold on Gudbranson. 

To NYI: Markus Granlund 

Ben Hutton 

Next Year 

Leipsic Horvat Boeser 

Sedin Sedin Petterson

Goldobin Sutter Eriksson 

Johnston Motte Virtanen 

Gaunce Gaudette Archibald 

Hutton has been scratched multiple times. He is no longer waiver eligible and comes with a close to 3M contract.  Any team acquiring him will have to develop him at the NHL level.  He's not worth his contract and if he can't progress demoting him to the AHL would still have him count for ~1.8M against the cap. Does he really have any trade value?  

6 hours ago, kenhodgejr said:

Summer trade

To Van: Ross Johnston - 24 years old, 6'5 236lbs LW

This guy wins fights in devastating fashion. We need a guy like this to replace dorset and keep teams honest around Pettersson. Except this guy could actually handle the heavy weights in the league. Archibald is not a fighter and we can't rely sold on Gudbranson. 

To NYI: Markus Granlund 

Ben Hutton 

Next Year 

Leipsic Horvat Boeser 

Sedin Sedin Petterson

Goldobin Sutter Eriksson 

Johnston Motte Virtanen 

Gaunce Gaudette Archibald 

I like where your going with this, we need a guy like this on our fourth line, don't have any problems with your suggested players either, maybe NYI counters with something a little different but it can't be that far off.

I agree that we could use his size, and his short time with the Islanders shows me he has SOME potential to contribute.  His minor league experience doesn't show very good scoring promise though.  This does seem like overpayment, but both Hutton's value and Granlund's value are pretty low right now and that might be the best we can do.

If he can skate (I know nothing about this guy), and has at least some scoring potential, I might be game...

Archived