The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Dahlin's Interview on Sportsnet 650

Not sure if this has been shared on the Canucks forum today. Dahlin was interviewed today about the 2018 draft and his views of Pettersson.

He thinks Pettersson is an unreal player and he is fun to watch him play. He thinks it would be awesome to play with him, and says if you give Pettersson the puck you will get an assist.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/650/canucks-central-at-noon/rasmus-dahlin-nhl-draft-aspiration-play-bigger/

rasmus-dahlin-with-shah-and-auld-cc-20180314-Interview.mp3

29 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

It's like dangling food just out of a starving man's reach. There's probably a term for this based on someone's poetic justice torment.

The word is "tantalizing" from the Greek myth of Tantalus, who was punished by the gods by having food and drink being held just out of his reach for eternity.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tantalus

Tantalus's punishment for his act, now a proverbial term for temptation without satisfaction (the source of the English word tantalise[19]), was to stand in a pool of water beneath a fruit tree with low branches. Whenever he reached for the fruit, the branches raised his intended meal from his grasp. Whenever he bent down to get a drink, the water receded before he could get any.

Well, hate to break it to you Rasmus. But you're not going to play with Pettersson. And it has nothing to do with you... It reall doesn't... It's this STUPID @#$%^&* LOTTERY SYSTEM AND THIS TEAM'S CURSED LUCK! 

Just now, hammertime said:

To think next years roster could consist of.

Sedin Sedin Elias

Loui              Dahlen

Edler Dahlin

Markstrom

Would be pretty frickin Swede!

You're only going to disappoint yourself.

4 minutes ago, hammertime said:

To think next years roster could consist of.

Sedin Sedin Elias

Loui              Dahlen

Edler Dahlin

Markstrom

Would be pretty frickin Swede!

That has the look of a top 3 O/A Pick for one more year. :lol:

1 minute ago, Jam126 said:

You're only going to disappoint yourself.

Oh I'm not counting on it by any means. The possibility is still a neat thought though. Ill be elated with any of Svechnikov, Zadina, Boqvist, Bouchard. Wahlstrom, Tkachuk, Veleno, Hughes, Dobson. the top ten is chock full of good players. 

2 minutes ago, hammertime said:

Oh I'm not counting on it by any means. The possibility is still a neat thought though. Ill be elated with any of Svechnikov, Zadina, Boqvist, Bouchard. Wahlstrom, Tkachuk, Veleno, Hughes, Dobson. the top ten is chock full of good players. 

You see them as great, gifted, talented players. You know what? I see them as that too. But I also see them as the nect member that will be on a team that will get shutout for 4 of 5 games in some part of a season in the future.

5 minutes ago, Jam126 said:

You see them as great, gifted, talented players. You know what? I see them as that too. But I also see them as the nect member that will be on a team that will get shutout for 4 of 5 games in some part of a season in the future.

some times you gotta reach for the stars.

See the source image

14 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

This is how you anger the hockey gods.

Nah, the guys are just showing him that the people care here.

He says he doesn't really know anything about Vancouver as a city or a team...

It's a polite introduction. Plus, I liked hearing what he said about Pettersson...

26 minutes ago, Stelar said:

Can we all please stop with the Dahlin talk.  It’s not happening. Have we not learned..... Jesus. 

I would say we're overdue no?

Would it not be fitting for our fate to change with the emergence of the next top 2 Swedish prospects?

I'm sick to death already of the sulking Canucks fans. "we never get to pick first" but we suck soooo muuuuuuch! 

Though your avatar may add to your post being construed as sulky. 

14 minutes ago, hammertime said:

Would it not be fitting for our fate to change with the emergence of the next top 2 Swedish prospects?

I'm sick to death already of the sulking Canucks fans. "we never get to pick first" but we suck soooo muuuuuuch! 

True.

14 minutes ago, hammertime said:

Yes we do; for now. 

17 minutes ago, hammertime said:

There's light at the end if the tunnel but we shouldn't put any stock in winning the lottery.

15 hours ago, Jam126 said:

Well, hate to break it to you Rasmus. But you're not going to play with Pettersson. And it has nothing to do with you... It reall doesn't... It's this STUPID @#$%^&* LOTTERY SYSTEM AND THIS TEAM'S CURSED LUCK! 

There's one way he can make it happen. He can let teams know he will hold out from any team except the Canucks. Let him fall into our laps wherever we land in the draft.

https://www.foxsports.com/nhl/story/how-jaromir-jagr-may-have-manipulated-the-1990-nhl-draft-in-his-favor-090116?amp=true

Archived