The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

canucks energy score

inkorea

A person I know likes to give energy ratings to systems. To make it simple he has three states.. 1. Energy poor= not enough energy to sustain the system so things break down. 2. energy neutral= enough energy to keep things going... 3. energy rich=more than enough energy so it becomes excited. On a basis of energy rich being 80 to 100, energy neutral being between 40 and 80 and energy poor being from 0 to 40 which score do they hang around on a consistant basis? If you were in charge what things would you do to improve their energy score?

1 hour ago, inkorea said:

A person I know likes to give energy ratings to systems. To make it simple he has three states.. 1. Energy poor= not enough energy to sustain the system so things break down. 2. energy neutral= enough energy to keep things going... 3. energy rich=more than enough energy so it becomes excited. On a basis of energy rich being 80 to 100, energy neutral being between 40 and 80 and energy poor being from 0 to 40 which score do they hang around on a consistant basis? If you were in charge what things would you do to improve their energy score?

why is this a thread? ur person (who u know) is a kid between 5 and 9.  and u also are a very sub par troll. this is the weakest troll ive seen. the fact I'm giving u an answer is credibility to my dumb $&!# self. I award u no points................and may god have mercy on your soul. (billy Madison)

4 hours ago, linden17 said:

why is this a thread? ur person (who u know) is a kid between 5 and 9.  and u also are a very sub par troll. this is the weakest troll ive seen. the fact I'm giving u an answer is credibility to my dumb $&!# self. I award u no points................and may god have mercy on your soul. (billy Madison)

all living systems and even inert things require a certain amount of energy to exist. I have simplified it into easy terms to understand and try to gauge the canucks as an organization. Things like low morale and low focus create energy poor states in individual, families, companies, and teams like the Canucks. So not such a weird thread just asking to rate energy and how to improve it. 

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

How in the world does this "energy score" concept apply to the Canucks?

The players, and management, all work as hard as they possibly can to do their best, don't you think?

It’s certainly “not fair to the twins” to rank anything by energy. 

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

How in the world does this "energy score" concept apply to the Canucks?

The players, and management, all work as hard as they possibly can to do their best, don't you think?

If you are using energy poor systems you wont even be able to have enough energy to sustain the team. Lots of unsuccessful people and organizations work hard as possible and do their best. The energy theory states the top teams are more successful because they are more energy efficient. I made this thread because I suspect the canucks use energy poor strategies leading to the outcomes of energy poor states such as lots of injuries.

8 minutes ago, inkorea said:

If you are using energy poor systems you wont even be able to have enough energy to sustain the team. Lots of unsuccessful people and organizations work hard as possible and do their best. The energy theory states the top teams are more successful because they are more energy efficient. I made this thread because I suspect the canucks use energy poor strategies leading to the outcomes of energy poor states such as lots of injuries.

6 minutes ago, inkorea said:

Look at how energy poor the Oilers are. The system is so bad it depletes top draft picks over and over again. 

I think both the Canucks and Oilers would be a heck of a lot better if they had better goaltending.  Plus, how do injuries factor in to this idea?  Would they be a indeterminable variable of some kind?

49 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I think both the Canucks and Oilers would be a heck of a lot better if they had better goaltending.  Plus, how do injuries factor in to this idea?  Would they be a indeterminable variable of some kind?

On the individual level being able to maintain at least energy neutral is needed to keep the body functioning at a sustainable level. In this theory many injuries would be thought as being caused by a energy poor state. Someone energy rich has better focus, can predict the play better, and less likely to hurt themselves. Both over training and under training can create energy poor players. Sleep , diet, travel , plus many other factors contribute to energy and thus injuries. I would argue the Penguins are using more efficient systems and that Crosby entrains the other players towards better use of energy.

14 hours ago, Alflives said:

The Sedins dialed-it-in virtually all of last season.  Our management is currently tanking openly.  And, over the last few games, it sure looks like our players are just about ready to give up the ghost.  So, no, I don't really think everyone is doing their very best...

Archived