The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Making a huge splash in the offseason. Giving the Sedins 1 last shot while not killing the rebuild.

Go for Carlson, not Karlsson !!

With the cap space saved from the Sedins reduced $$$ (and getting rid of / buying out L. Eriksson!)..... could / should Benning make a decent bid for Dman John Carlson of the Caps?     It's a long shot, but it could only help our D !

On 3/16/2018 at 1:02 AM, TheGuardian_ said:

Shouldn't this be in the other forum?

I know the subject matter is becoming more varied in each forum and rules relaxed within a thread but this is pure "ArmChair GM" stuff from the start.

I know this is off topic but I have to say it.

Its going to be weird to see when your reputation gets into the positives!

On 2018-03-16 at 4:29 AM, boomer29 said:

Go for Carlson, not Karlsson !!

With the cap space saved from the Sedins reduced $$$ (and getting rid of / buying out L. Eriksson!)..... could / should Benning make a decent bid for Dman John Carlson of the Caps?     It's a long shot, but it could only help our D !

Just for the record. Buying out Eriksson saves practically nothing.  Something to the time of $500k a season.  I wouldn’t factor any saving in where he’s concerned. He’s likely on the roster for the duration of his contract 

Key upcoming core too young to make sure a move for EK.

Trading Juolevi would be a massive error regretted by Canuck fan base for a long time.

Trading 2019 first round pick (or any first round pick) prior to the Canucks being a consistent playoff team again would be an additional massive error.

EK is an elite talent with a suspect future given fragile ankle.   He is 28 years old at the start of next season so far from "washed up" but you may get four to five more elite years from a guy with a suspect ankle and for that you have given up a massive amount of potential in Juolevi and that yet to be drafted kid in 2019.    

I get the concept and there is a lot of thought you put into this but if you did it to get thoughts, my thoughts are I would not do this.

Probably not enough in both trades. If Ottawa is trading Karlsson they’ll want a couple fantastic pieces not 6 or 7 good ones. There’s only so much room on a roster that you gotta get quality over quantity. Anything involving Karlsson is having either Boeser+ or Pettersson+. It’s just not worth it as he’s a free agent in one years time. Could potentially lose your best rebuild pieces on one year of Karlsson. I’d rather keep all our guys and go all in on Karlsson or OEL in free agency next year.

Archived