The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Clean House

After seeing another year of the same, I joined the forum. :huh:

Clean House

End of season Vancouver is last Buffalo second last

The following trade Just before the Lottery

Trade 1,

To the Buffalo,  Tanev , Gudbranson, Baertschi. plus a conditional first next year.( if van picks first with ether of their picks in the first round.)

To Vancouver, Buffalo's,  First round pick

Lottery results Van wins 1st, Buffalo 2nd (best case) 

Lottery results, Van wins 4th, Buffalo 5th ( most likely )

Most Likely, 

Van Picks - Adam Boqvist with the 5 pick

Trade # 2 ( at the Draft)

Vancouver trades 4th overall pick (Brady Tkachuk) only if still there. to Calgary

Calgary sends back- J. Valimaki, - R. Andersson, - G. Gawdin

Trade # 3 ( at the Draft) 

Vancouver trades -  Stecher ,Hutton, Granlund to Minnesota for two 3rds and a prospect D in their system,  

Do not resign the Sedins

Sign the following free agents

J. Carlson - $8,000,000 for 5 years ( Right Defense) (ufa played for Washington)

Team Next year

Most Likely

Gaudette    Horvat     Boeser

Dahlien   Pettersson  MacEwen

Gadjovich   Gawdin    Lind

Archibald   Sutter   Virtanen

Edler       Carlson

Valimaki    Anderson

McEneny    Pouliot

Juolevi,   Biega    Eriksson

Marstrom

Nillsson

MacEwen rides shotgun for Pettersson takes faceoffs for against bigger meaner centers.

Fun to watch 

I wish,

Draft 1 and number 2 overall

So with Bufallo's pick and ours we get lucky Ya!

Draft-- Dahlin, and Zadina  

Zadina   Horvat     Boeser

Gadjovich   Guadette    Lind

Edler       Stecher 

Dahlin      Carlson

McEneny    Pouliot

Marstrom

Nillsson

next year add Demko or maybe this year everyone else wave or trade for picks

22 minutes ago, vannuck59 said:

Newsflash - next season isn't going to be significantly better around here - you could have waited another year to join LOL::D

48 minutes ago, kloubek said:

So you want to take what is likely the 1st OA pick from Buffalo - a rebuilding team - and give them the veteran players we can't win with.  Does that about sum it up correctly?

When you put it that way it sounds pretty silly. Re-word it to make OP sound less silly.

Buffalo is also rebuilding - they need someone to replace Kane and this draft will be the opportunity to add an impact player.  They are also looking for PMDs.  Botteril admits that the team is much further back than he thought.  

Botteril was intent on getting Housley re he knows his role in Nashville's system. He was specifically responsible for the Ds in Nashville. Shea Weber was the ultimate crease clearing D who could put up points yet he got traded because he lacked the mobility they were looking for. 

Their offence starts with their Ds skating in with speed.  If they can't score on the entry then they just cycle the puck with the Fs until they create an opening.  Tanev and Gudbranson don't play that kind of game while mobility and puck skills are key to the system developed by Housley.  He doesn't want the Ds to simply make a first pass but wants them right in the play.  

Buffalo's Ds is one of the lowest scoring in the league and also needs an overhaul but Tanev and Gudbranson are unlikely to be ones they would target. 

Friedman wrote in his 31 thoughts that Calgary has no intention on trading Fox, Valimaki or Andersson.

Minnesota is one of the highest scoring Ds in the league (with Nashville and Vegas) - Stecher/Hutton are too limited offensively to interest them.  Also Hutton is being paid close to 3M when the Wild have cap issues.  They need players on ELCs to balance out their cap.  They hope to add Kunin and Greenway to their roster.  Fletcher also admits that he has traded too many picks away.

1 minute ago, vannuck59 said:

I know some teams don't want our scraps but Tanev is a good D man Buffalo makes out well in this trade. As far as Stecher and Hutton  time to trade and upgrade all positions.

Tanev certainly has a lot of value.  Stecher and Hutton, not so much.  Heck, those two might be worth nothing except another team's equal version of them.

On 3/15/2018 at 1:28 PM, vannuck59 said:

Clean House

End of season Vancouver is last Buffalo second last

The following trade Just before the Lottery

Trade 1,

To the Buffalo,  Tanev , Gudbranson, Baertschi. plus a conditional first next year.( if van picks first with ether of their picks in the first round.)

To Vancouver, Buffalo's,  First round pick

Lottery results Van wins 1st, Buffalo 2nd (best case) 

Lottery results, Van wins 4th, Buffalo 5th ( most likely )

Most Likely, 

Van Picks - Adam Boqvist with the 5 pick

Trade # 2 ( at the Draft)

Vancouver trades 4th overall pick (Brady Tkachuk) only if still there. to Calgary

Calgary sends back- J. Valimaki, - R. Andersson, - G. Gawdin

Trade # 3 ( at the Draft) 

Vancouver trades -  Stecher ,Hutton, Granlund to Minnesota for two 3rds and a prospect D in their system,  

Do not resign the Sedins

Sign the following free agents

J. Carlson - $8,000,000 for 5 years ( Right Defense) (ufa played for Washington)

Team Next year

Most Likely

Gaudette    Horvat     Boeser

Gadjovich   Gawdin    Lind

Edler       Carlson

Valimaki    Anderson

McEneny    Pouliot

Marstrom

Nillsson

MacEwen rides shotgun for Pettersson takes faceoffs for against bigger meaner centers.

Fun to watch 

I wish,

Draft 1 and number 2 overall

So with Bufallo's pick and ours we get lucky Ya!

Draft-- Dahlin, and Zadina  

Zadina   Horvat     Boeser

Gadjovich   Guadette    Lind

Edler       Stecher 

Dahlin      Carlson

McEneny    Pouliot

Marstrom

Nillsson

next year add Demko or maybe this year everyone else wave or trade for picks

Pace yourself Sparky.   Most posters don't make this their first one of reincarnation.   The posters that rip up the entire team are typically in the several thousand count BUT you will find likes for your concept.    For now, welcome back!

On 3/15/2018 at 9:52 AM, Fanuck said:

Newsflash - next season isn't going to be significantly better around here - you could have waited another year to join LOL::D

What you talkin bout Willis? I bet we score a goal next season and break 60 points!!!

:emot-parrot:

:frantic:

::D

9 hours ago, vannuck59 said:

I know some teams don't want our scraps but Tanev is a good D man Buffalo makes out well in this trade. As far as Stecher and Hutton  time to trade and upgrade all positions.

Tanev has value. The issue is Buffalo are as bad as we are. Those vets won't push them over the top. They might not even push them into playoffs.

Also I'm not sure if you meant to ice a roster worse than this years but it definitely is. Eriksson sitting in the box over Archibald?! Honestly I don't even know what to make of this but it isn't good

On 2018-03-15 at 1:45 PM, Nuxfanabroad said:

Been here a longgg time, & thinkin' a leavin'...

Sometimes just taking a break from the CDC is a good thing.  In the past I've almost exclusively signed in only in the off season, this year for some reason I can't help myself.  Refreshing, those long breaks.  Don't leave for good though, I like your posts.

Ok I like the criticism , some don't agree. As far as icing a worse team then the canucks have now, not to shure on that. Maybe a little too over zealous. Ok I'll tame it down a bit.

Baertsch        Horvat        Boeser

Dahlen      Pettersson    MacEwen

Granlund       Sutter       Eriksson

Leipsic        Gaudette     Virtanen

Edler           Carlson

Del Zotto        Tanev

Pouliot         Gudbranson

Extras    Archibald,  Stecher   and Gaunce

Markstrom     Nilsson

We draft 4th and get Tkachuk   Sign one free agent Carlson  and keep Gagner on IR 

Place everyone else in Utica for seasoning Trade Hutton for pic.

21 minutes ago, vannuck59 said:

Ok I like the criticism , some don't agree. As far as icing a worse team then the canucks have now, not to shure on that. Maybe a little too over zealous. Ok I'll tame it down a bit.

Baertsch        Horvat        Boeser

Dahlen      Pettersson    MacEwen

Granlund       Sutter       Eriksson

Leipsic        Gaudette     Virtanen

Edler           Carlson

Del Zotto        Tanev

Pouliot         Gudbranson

Extras    Archibald,  Stecher   and Gaunce

Markstrom     Nilsson

We draft 4th and get Tkachuk   Sign one free agent Carlson  and keep Gagner on IR 

Place everyone else in Utica for seasoning Trade Hutton for pic.

You understand that Gagner has to be INJURED to be kept on LTIR right???  You can’t just arbitrarily place him there to fit into your little fantasy 

Archived