The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tempting Pkg For DAHLIN?(discussion)

I was considering if any team could afford(mostly extra assets) the required cost it would take, to land Dahlin?

I'd appreciate any/all input, so many kids I've hardly seen play. Haven't watched jr games for many yrs, since away from NA.

***SCENARIO***..A US team wins the #1 OA selection. Perhaps a Buffalo, Ariz or Chicago(heaven forbid)

I'd say Winnipeg could offer up a pretty enticing package.

example:Trouba, Morrisey, Roslovic, Connor.

Questions:

1 - Would these 4 pieces represent overpayment?

2 - Could you see any of the mentioned teams accepting this(potentially 3 US stars in this pkg)?

3 - Remember Winnipeg has to shell out soon for Laine also. They've got a backlog of top young talent. Would they be wise to pkg a bunch of it for this elite kid, Dahlin?

Lastly: What's one team you could theoretically see assembling a legitimate, realistic offer to nab the #1 OA pick? Conversely, what's a lotto winner that you could imagine accepting said offer?

I don't think anyone could offer a package that wouldn't gut their team of whatever their 4 best prospects and/or players were. If we were lucky enough to land 1st oa we have to run with it, these kinds of guys come along once a generation for the Canucks. 

5 minutes ago, DontMessMe said:

If I was an opposing GM that had the 1st overall and the canucks wanted it I would be asking for 

1st rounder 

2nd rounder 

Petterson and Brock Boeser 

I know its a delusional price, but its a franchise defencemen. U rarely find those in draft

So then, say you're Buff's GM, & WPG offers the above assets..do you bite?(Sabs need everything)

2 minutes ago, hammertime said:

If we don't win we don't win we move on. There are lots of good players available. I wont be disappointed if we land a top 5 pick. Heck I would even be happy with trading down the 6th pick for 2 picks in the top 20.   

Yep.  The price would be so high no GM would be stupid enough to pay it after the Lindros trade that landed the Nordiques Forsberg ++++.

So much talent to like in that top 5.  We'll be getting an absolute stud no matter who Benning takes.

6 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Yep.  The price would be so high no GM would be stupid enough to pay it after the Lindros trade that landed the Nordiques Forsberg ++++.

So much talent to like in that top 5.  We'll be getting an absolute stud no matter who Benning takes.

To be fair Lindros was better pre concussion than Forsberg was pre weird ankle bone. But yes that was a lopsided trade for the Avalanch ;) 

3 minutes ago, Where's Wellwood said:

Would you accept Edmonton's 2018 first (not lottery protected), Draisaitl, and Nurse in exchange for the 1st pick? 

This is an interesting example. I bet many GM's opt for this pkg.

edit: Already know Edm's out..imagine this is a #6 OA pick(for sake of analysis). Still think many GM's grab that offer.

IMO, if you want elite you have to trade elite. And overpay just because #1OA.

In your Wpg proposal for example - Laine or Scheifele have to be going back the other way.

Laine + 1st + prospect would most likely get it done.

Or 

Scheif+trouba + 1st + prospect....+.

Though our pick will be higher than Wpg, still looking at

Boeser / Pettersson + Juolevi + 1st and we still might need to add.

Archived