(Proposal) Van-Phi

To Philadelphia

D Chris Tanev 

RW Nikolay Goldobin 

To Vancouver

2018 1st Round Pick

2018 3rd Round Pick

D Phillipe Myers

Tanev would be a huge boost to Phillys backend with Goldobin providing some depth scoring.  Canucks would finally gain some more draft picks and a good defensive prospect for Utica.

15 minutes ago, hammertime said:

People always overvaluing Tanev. No way they give up all that. 3-4 years ago possibly. Not todays Tanev though. 

Actually, I don't think this is overvaluing Tanev at all.  Goldobin worth a 3rd rounder all day long, so it's more a 1st round pick and an improving but still unknown prospect, and that should be easy enough to get for Tanev. Does Philly need a boost on their back end?  I thought a very strong defensive prospect pool was their strength.

Just now, RKesler_17 said:

Overvalueing.... no.  Our defence goes to absolute garbage from below average when he’s out.

Right this is how you believe other GM's determine value?

Tanev doesn't shoot doesn't hit and doesn't play half the games every season. He's a good defensive D but you're not gonna get  a 1st 15th-20 and a young stud D for him.  

3 hours ago, kloubek said:

Actually, I don't think this is overvaluing Tanev at all.  Goldobin worth a 3rd rounder all day long, so it's more a 1st round pick and an improving but still unknown prospect, and that should be easy enough to get for Tanev. Does Philly need a boost on their back end?  I thought a very strong defensive prospect pool was their strength.

The same 3rd rounder we got all day long for Vanek right?

Remember when we traded one of the top 3 goalies in the league for ninth overall. 

Tanev is kinda old news. There are plenty of defensive D out there available for less. Prepare to be disappointed on the return on an eventual Tanev trade. Just my $0.02 I hope you're right though. 

24 minutes ago, hammertime said:

The same 3rd rounder we got all day long for Vanek right?

Uhhhh... what?  What does that have to do with it? Two entirely different scenarios.  One is slow, one is not.  One is established and on a decline, one is still open and hopefully still developing.  One is paid under 1m, the other double.  One is UFA and likely a rental, one has another year and then is still RFA and can continue developing. One has 1st line or bust potential, the other is a 3rd liner (or so). One was dealt at deadline to bolster a team's scoring, the other is a development project over time.

Really, you'd be hard pressed to find two trades that are any more dissimilar to this so I don't know what your point is. I doubt you are quoting me directly, but yes, I did actually think we could get a 3rd round pick out of Vanek.  Instead, we got a player Benning had his eye on anyway. Will Motte amount to anything?  My gut says not really, no... but a 3rd round pick statistically has a very low chance of being an NHL player - let alone a talented one... so it's worth a try. 

1 minute ago, kloubek said:

Uhhhh... what?  What does that have to do with it? Two entirely different scenarios.  One is slow, one is not.  One is established and on a decline, one is still open and hopefully still developing.  One is paid under 1m, the other double.  One is UFA and likely a rental, one has another year and then is still RFA and can continue developing. One has 1st line or bust potential, the other is a 3rd liner (or so). One was dealt at deadline to bolster a team's scoring, the other is a development project over time.

Really, you'd be hard pressed to find two trades that are any more dissimilar to this so I don't know what your point is. I doubt you are quoting me directly, but yes, I did actually think we could get a 3rd round pick out of Vanek.  Instead, we got a player Benning had his eye on anyway. Will Motte amount to anything?  My gut says not really, no... but a 3rd round pick statistically has a very low chance of being an NHL player - let alone a talented one... so it's worth a try. 

My point is that I doubt we get a 3rd "all day long" for Goldy. Again I hope you're right.

7 hours ago, RKesler_17 said:

Overvalueing.... no.  Our defence goes to absolute garbage from below average when he’s out.

Thats.......not how value works. If Subban leaves the Preds their D will still be very good. Does that mean Subban has low value? Same thing with Malkin in PIT.. 

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 2:51 AM, RKesler_17 said:

To Philadelphia

D Chris Tanev 

RW Nikolay Goldobin 

To Vancouver

2018 1st Round Pick

2018 3rd Round Pick

D Phillipe Myers

Tanev would be a huge boost to Phillys backend with Goldobin providing some depth scoring.  Canucks would finally gain some more draft picks and a good defensive prospect for Utica.

I personally really like your target. And believe Philly could use Tanev.  But they also coud use Myers. They don't actually, aside from Gudas, have any RHD?

And Myers is their only RHD prospect of note.  Then add to it that Hextall has been patiently grooming prospects, even at the expense of perhaps the prime years of Giroux / Simmonds / Voracek?  

I suspect it will be hard to get Myers out of Philly. And he has been accumulating picks. Will he trade a first??

What they do have is a surplus of LHD prospects and young now established D.  Hagg has cracked the lineup. Morin is still on the cusp. Ghost is playing the key role Sanheim would target as primary PMD & PP QB from the left side. With Provorov commanding all the other key LHD, PP and PK minutes for that matter.  I have speculated in the past they might be smart to trade Sanheim for a good RHD like Tanev to compliment Myers & Gudas???

On 3/16/2018 at 8:51 AM, RKesler_17 said:

To Philadelphia

D Chris Tanev 

RW Nikolay Goldobin 

To Vancouver

2018 1st Round Pick

2018 3rd Round Pick

D Phillipe Myers

Or Sanheim and we call it even.

Archived