The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Proposal -ufa

JVR and Bozak.

Kane.

Get rid of gagner in favor of bozak.

Add JVR for some scoring. 

Add Kane for scoring and grit.  

He proved he can do it lower in the lineup so he will be useful for depth scoring. 

Bozak is consistently decent, would provide centre depth and act as an upgrade from gagner. Plus he's from sask so he's tough. 

Kane comes in after a hot season, he's playing hard and playing well. 

Say farewell to the sedins.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Those two would only make us just good enough to finish out of the bottom 10.  We need to continue with drafting high, and developing our own.  Any UFAs should be crappy players, who don't make just a bit better.

2 hours ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

JVR and Bozak.

Get rid of gagner in favor of bozak.

Add JVR for some scoring. 

He proved he can do it lower in the lineup so he will be useful for depth scoring. 

Bozak is consistently decent, would provide centre depth and act as an upgrade from gagner. Plus he's from sask so he's tough. 

gotta jettison Gagner first tho.... to where? at 50% retained he might be of interest somewhere very cap crunched? maybe? 

5 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

gotta jettison Gagner first tho.... to where? at 50% retained he might be of interest somewhere very cap crunched? maybe? 

I'd be patient with Gagner. No point dealing him after a bad season. He put up 50 points the season before. Hopefully he improves on this season in the next 2 years and he can return an asset. If not, its 3 million the Canucks can afford to have on the cap for the next 2 years.

7 minutes ago, HockeydownUnder said:

I'd be patient with Gagner. No point dealing him after a bad season. He put up 50 points the season before. Hopefully he improves on this season in the next 2 years and he can return an asset. If not, its 3 million the Canucks can afford to have on the cap for the next 2 years.

He put up those points in an extremely sheltered role and Green says he doesn't want to hide players.  It's not about the cap but about player development - the young players are to learn how to become NHLers from those vets.  It doesn't help them and the team move forward if those veterans are mediocre.  There's also a question of double standards - the Wild's young players were beyond frustrated with Yeo before he was fired because he did not hold the vets to the same standards.  Fletcher had to address the issue re a locker room divide and made the wise move to bring in an experienced coach like Boudreau who settled everything down. 

9 minutes ago, mll said:

He put up those points in an extremely sheltered role and Green says he doesn't want to hide players.  It's not about the cap but about player development - the young players are to learn how to become NHLers from those vets.  It doesn't help them and the team move forward if those veterans are mediocre.  There's also a question of double standards - the Wild's young players were beyond frustrated with Yeo before he was fired because he did not hold the vets to the same standards.  Fletcher had to address the issue re a locker room divide and made the wise move to bring in an experienced coach like Boudreau who settled everything down. 

I agree with what you say. If the young guns out perform Gagner, put him in the press box. I don't want to spend assets to be rid of Gagner when we don't need that cap space over the next two years.

I don't think Green is the type of coach to play a struggling vet over a deserving young player. He's given Boeser the opportunity this year to flourish. 

Keep Gags, cause he's whatever for 2 years. Just a warm body to keep the big boy team filled and let some kids chill in Utica until they are ready. Big Bert said we need to adopt more of the Detroit model. Lets do that. Low cost, low term UFAs in Gagner. 3 mil isn't too bad, 2 more years, once again not too bad. Don't wanna sign UFAs, just to trade them to sign more UFAs, this ain't NHL 18.

11 hours ago, HockeydownUnder said:

agreed, its just for the trade proposal he'd have to find a way to move SG. He does have an interesting history of following up good years after bad. 

I would be ok with JVR but he might be looking to cash in this contract and we don't need a huge ticket just yet.

That being said we talk about mentoring and letting our players develop... having JVR around does give us a player that can actually score and show young players how....

7 hours ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

Why would you not want a 28 year old perennial 30 goal scorer? You guys are ridiculous. 

Bring on JVR and Kane and suddenly we have 50-60 more goals next year. 

If there wasn't a limit on cap then sure I'd be down for signing both. Canucks are looking good cap wise in the short term. Boesers extension will be pretty big and Luongos recapture is starting to look worrisome. The backend needs help. Canucks likely end up spending some money there.

Kane is looking like he will resign with the Sharks. He says that he feels at ease being in their locker room and he loves being in the fight for a playoff spot. Kane has never played in playoffs. He isn't going to want to go back to a bottom dwelling team.

Riemsdyk is available and I wouldn't put it past him to sign with the Canucks. He's 29 in a couple months though and will get a long term expensive contract. Canucks should avoid another potential Loui Eriksson. At least Eriksson is good defensively. Riemsdyk is strictly an offensive player and he's close to the age that those players start declining

Archived