The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] San Jose Sharks vs. Vancouver Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

21 minutes ago, rekker said:

I am probably in the minority but I don't see the cost for Kane worthwhile. We need D. I don't see him worth the six to seven million per year he would be asking.

Allows us to move guys like Baer, Granny, Gagner, Eriksson, Leipsic, Dowd etc + a Dman for an upgrade.

Free asset. Position upgrade.

We need upgrades at every single position. Every last one.

Except Bo and Brock. Love the way they are trending

7 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Allows us to move guys like Baer, Granny, Gagner, Eriksson, Leipsic, Dowd etc + a Dman for an upgrade.

If one of those mentioned could land a quality dman sure. We would have to add picks probably. Kane has topped 45 points once. Five years ago. Heck Baer could almost do that. 

Just now, rekker said:

If one of those mentioned could land a quality dman sure. We would have to add picks probably. Kane has topped 45 points once. Five years ago. Heck Baer could almost do that. 

Package em up. Baer and Hutton would get us an upgrade, Granny and Pouliot should too.

A glut of talent is never a bad thing.

If there were 20 games left I'd say compete to win.  But we're what 10 games left?  Let's just mail it in and get us a top prospect in this years draft.

I am fundamentally against tanking but with our injuries and the possibility of Dahlin for only a tad more pain I'm fine

With it.

I don't want another year of collapsing. A top prospect + our other prospects we might be in wildcard battles next season which would be so exciting!

3 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Package em up. Baer and Hutton would get us an upgrade, Granny and Pouliot should too.

If those packages could land a quality dman I'm all for it. Just don't see it happening. It will tough to be a better team next year with this defence. Hutton and DP are worth a fourth, maybe. Granny, maybe a third. None are worth a quality dman. 

34 minutes ago, luckylager said:

If we win the lottery though. Now were talking. 

Virtanen had 7 hits in 11 minutes of action. Other than Goldobin's great shot, that first goal was all him--great screen and zone entry.
Horvat played 24 and a half minutes, got a goal, and won 58% of his faceoffs. 

Goldobin looked determined to prove them wrong for trading him. 

1 hour ago, luckylager said:

Which team would take 2 lesser players and let go a better player? 

It was a much more entertaining game than the shut outs.  It was nice to see Virtanen and Goldobin on the pp tonight.  They both made nice contributions on the 2nd unit and with our depleted roster I think they should continue.  They both played well at both ends, although there were a couple of mistakes by each.  Coaches should talk about how to fix the problem areas while pumping their tires on the stuff they got right.  I saw Goldobin backchecking all the way to the net.  Virtanen got out worked by Couturier on that goal, and he needs to think about how to win that kind of battle (by using his strength - his legs)

Toward the end of the third, how many posts were hit?  Leipsic worked hard all night and was unlucky to not get more on the score sheet.  Lots of positives overall.

2 hours ago, rekker said:

I am probably in the minority but I don't see the cost for Kane worthwhile. We need D. I don't see him worth the six to seven million per year he would be asking.

Reading the latest article on Kane on the NHL website - sounds really unlikely that he would sign with a struggling team.  He says he's fed up of watching the playoffs on TV and wants to be part of it for a long time.  Also it sounds like he found a good fit in San Jose - talks of how he feels comfortable there.  Wilson certainly sounds hopeful that things will work out - he told Kane to see how he feels and they'll do the same and thinks it could be a good opportunity for both parties.

https://www.nhl.com/news/evander-kane-hitting-it-off-with-san-jose-after-trade-from-buffalo/c-296983092

Archived