The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] San Jose Sharks vs. Vancouver Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

2 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Man that was sad AF seeing Brock hobbling skate...:(

Don’t think he is tying his own shoelaces right now. 

The biggest concern long term is neurological.  He will make a complete recovery from the fracture.

He will need to rest and take it easy to allow his soft tissue to relax from spasms. As long as he can avoid herniated disks and compressed nerves he should be fine. 

As as an experienced back injured paramedic, I recognized the shuffle. Either he slammed his back into the gate or has kidney stones. Thank god for muscle relaxants and morphine.  

2 hours ago, luckylager said:

Allows us to move guys like Baer, Granny, Gagner, Eriksson, Leipsic, Dowd etc + a Dman for an upgrade.

Free asset. Position upgrade.

We need upgrades at every single position. Every last one.

Except Bo and Brock. Love the way they are trending

I would be fine to trade those guys for defencemen, if we can. I would keep Leipsic for now, like his game, I want to see how he plays next season for sure. If we get a top 4 pick, it's either Dahlin or a forward, that's how I see it.

4 hours ago, Apricot said:

We scored not one, not two, but THREE goals

I consider this a win 

To be honest this is a frustrating thing as a Canucks fan. 

It's either Canucks can't score and lose or they can score a good amount of goals and still lose. 

Just look at the Scores Canucks had this season alone

6-5 vs NYR - L

5-4 vs COL - L 

7-5 vs MTL - L 

It's one thing to lose games because the team can't score its even more discouraging that no matter how many goals Canucks score the team still finds a way to lose 

3 hours ago, Stelar said:

Late to the thread.  Who was Coach referring to with the young guys he wasn’t thrilled with tonight?  

Dowd and Boucher. Boucher was particularly invisible.

That's which the coach shut down in terms of playing time with 6 & 1/2 & 7 minutes.. A clear signal!

3 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

Pouliot and Motte would be my guess

Pouliot made a mistake for a goal & got a penalty which caused anotherl. But competed hard & started the Goldobin PP goal. Some good, some bad!

Motte?  Not sure I can argue...

7 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

“Our line had a good game, but it sucks to score three goals and still lose...I was excited to play tonight, I wanted to show the Sharks they made a mistake.” - Goldobin

Someone tell Goldy he's playing Sharks every game....

In general a cracking game to watch... 

Up tempo, lots of action, two posts hit, hits all over the place, and lots of positives.

Stetcher in particular playing much bigger than his size, an Edler looked like the Edler of old. Leipsic with a good game as well... Best of all though was Bo. 

Really enjoyed this game. Never easy to lose, but when you field half an AHL roster, you have to be happy about the effort.

With Miller in goal we would win these sort of games...it is what it is....

4 hours ago, iinatcc said:

To be honest this is a frustrating thing as a Canucks fan. 

It's either Canucks can't score and lose or they can score a good amount of goals and still lose. 

Just look at the Scores Canucks had this season alone

6-5 vs NYR - L

5-4 vs COL - L 

7-5 vs MTL - L 

It's one thing to lose games because the team can't score its even more discouraging that no matter how many goals Canucks score the team still finds a way to lose 

you understand that they are in a rebuild and the calvary is still on it's way to the rescue? pettersson and dahlin are on their way. 

You can see the skill in Goldobin but he seems a little slow off he start. He reminds me a bit of watching Gaunce before he picked up the pace. This is another example of how long some players take to develop. Goldy may never make the grade at the top level but there is still a shot.

2 hours ago, TheHitman said:

How was that Tierney hit on Goldobin not a penalty?

There were many non calls in the third on both sides. But, as is usually the case, Sharks seem to always get the better end of the officiating. It was glaring about 6 years ago when they bounced the Nucks on the play-offs. I was such a blatant and disgusting display and so soon after the Boston debacle, I disengaged from the league. A professional business at its worst.   

7 hours ago, mll said:

Reading the latest article on Kane on the NHL website - sounds really unlikely that he would sign with a struggling team.  He says he's fed up of watching the playoffs on TV and wants to be part of it for a long time.  Also it sounds like he found a good fit in San Jose - talks of how he feels comfortable there.  Wilson certainly sounds hopeful that things will work out - he told Kane to see how he feels and they'll do the same and thinks it could be a good opportunity for both parties.

https://www.nhl.com/news/evander-kane-hitting-it-off-with-san-jose-after-trade-from-buffalo/c-296983092

That may well be true. Seems like a better fit there for Kane. Just the wrong timing for Kane here. I would of loved having Kane here for the 2011 cup run though. 

1 hour ago, appleboy said:

You can see the skill in Goldobin but he seems a little slow off he start. He reminds me a bit of watching Gaunce before he picked up the pace. This is another example of how long some players take to develop. Goldy may never make the grade at the top level but there is still a shot.

I say give him at least another year on the squad. Besides. Every NHL team needs at least one flakey Russian who only works hard when he has the puck. LOL. Just kidding. I'm rooting for the kid. He definitely has some great offensive instincts.

Archived