The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Offseason moves

5 hours ago, HockeydownUnder said:

I'm thinking he wants to play in the playoffs. The Islanders are going to have to make a serious pitch to convince him to stay. Signing a top 4 defensemen isn't going to cut it. They need to acquire a good goalie, a top pairing defensemen such as Oliver Ekman - Larsson and another top 4 defensemen.

The Islanders are 7th in scoring in the league. That should get them into the playoffs. If they weren't going to make use of Tavares during his prime years then they should have dealt him. Now they risk losing him for nothing over the summer.

If I was Tavares, I'd leave.

Definitely looks that way. 7th? Yes A top 4 Dman at least. But where to find a goalie they need?Doesn't look good for Snow.

22 hours ago, cdgraham said:

next years forwards if no sedins:

bear-horvat-boeser

erikson-granlund-petterson

leipsic-gaudette-virtanen

???-sutter-motte

this last spot highly depends , mayve gaunce or goldobin

I honestly think archibald will be re-signed for 3-4 years

his numbers prorated over 82 are 26 points 13 goals 13 assists

he has been a big bright spot for me this year. He can also kill penalties quite effectively as the canucks PK is top notch right now which is manned by Horvat Sutter Archie Motte and Jokinen 

also for the month of March the canucks have an impressive 87.8 success rate on the PK 

14 hours ago, Wanless said:

I honestly think archibald will be re-signed for 3-4 years

his numbers prorated over 82 are 26 points 13 goals 13 assists

he has been a big bright spot for me this year. He can also kill penalties quite effectively as the canucks PK is top notch right now which is manned by Horvat Sutter Archie Motte and Jokinen 

also for the month of March the canucks have an impressive 87.8 success rate on the PK 

completely forgot about arch ya pencil him in on that sutter motte line

On 2018-03-18 at 8:49 PM, Wanless said:

Brock Boeser is due to get a big pay day after next season, but, he has no arbitration rights and basically will only need to be qualified. Im thinking he may stay equal or regress slightly next year, but that he will be worth at least the same Bo.

However, in two years I’m sure he will increase production to a point per game scoring around 40 goals. This would be worth closer to 8 mil give or take.

From a management point of view, shooting for a 4 x 2 bridge deal is the best for both the team and Brock, as he can then go on to prove he’s worth that 7-8 milx7 this also allows the team some more cap space until elder and Sutter are off the books and hopefully Eriksson is picked up at the Expansion draft, leaving lots of room for maturing players to earn their pay days

Here’s what I’ve come up with

trade 

columbus gets

Hutton and Baertchi and 2nd

Vancouver gets

Markus Nutivaara, final year of entry level 

Trade rights to granlund for picks

Vancouver signs

Evander Kane 6.5 mil x 5 limited no trade

John Tavares 12 x 5

Jake Virtanen 1.8 x 2

pouliot 2.3 x 2

stetcher 1.5 x 2

Archibald 1 x 3

that leaves the roster looking like

Kane, Tavares, Boeser

Dahlin, Horvat, Pettersson 

Leipsic, Sutter, Ericksson

Virtanen, Gaudette, Archibald

Gaunce

Nutivaara, Tanev

Edler, Gudbranson

Del zotto, stetcher

Pouliot, Biega

cap hit

and with the cap moving up to potentially 82 mil there could be 6 mil in room

the following year 2019/2020 we see edler come off the books allowing for 5 mil more and possibly trading MDZ at next years trade deadline gaining a pick or prospect and then having juolevi step up

more than actually thinking that all this could happen, but actually seeing that the numbers work to sign major names like Kane and Tavares and leave room for the big raises coming up. And to get excited this team could push very hard to get passed the first round

what do you all think?

There is no scenario where I see management, simply, qualifying Boeser.

I see JB and co. giving Brock a significant raise with term and moving on.

Furthermore, I don't see Brock regressing in any way.

Up until Bo's injury, the line of Baertschi, Horvat, and Boeser was well on it's way to achieving great things.

Both Sven and Bo were on there way to career years while Brock was the front runner for the Calder. 

Unfortunately, injuries to all three brought all these achievements to a screaching halt and, low and behold, we find ourselves in our current situation.

I want this combination to stay together. 

In my estimation, we have prospects in our possession to put together a, true, top line, which does allow us to consentrate on our blueline.

While Nutivaara fits, almost, everything JB wants in a defender (no physicality), I highly doubt Columbus has any interest in dealing him. 

With the cap projected to go up this offseason, Columbus brass has plenty room to re-sign him.

If anything, I see Columbus looking to add another vteran defenseman. It appears Jack Johnson is going to be wearing different colors next season, opening up space to add that veteran. 

Could be a great spot to send Guddy.

Erik Gudbranson for their 2nd 2018 and Sam Ruopp

Guddy is a great complimentary piece on a contender. 

Unfortunately, we are not that and won't be for a couple seasons yet. 

No way, on God's green Earth, does he net us a first, so my proposal is to get a pick they can afford and to fly under the radar looking for a diamond in the rough.

Ruopp comes with a lot of rough. He's big, mean, and is capable of putting up a few points. If there's a player worth taking a chance on, it's him. I can, easily, see him being, at least a bottom pairing defenseman which puts him, about, where Guddy is.

With our scouting department's ability to read talent in the middle rounds of the draft, having another second rounder would make me very happy.

50 minutes ago, komodo0921 said:

There is no scenario where I see management, simply, qualifying Boeser.

I see JB and co. giving Brock a significant raise with term and moving on.

Furthermore, I don't see Brock regressing in any way.

Up until Bo's injury, the line of Baertschi, Horvat, and Boeser was well on it's way to achieving great things.

Both Sven and Bo were on there way to career years while Brock was the front runner for the Calder. 

Unfortunately, injuries to all three brought all these achievements to a screaching halt and, low and behold, we find ourselves in our current situation.

I want this combination to stay together. 

In my estimation, we have prospects in our possession to put together a, true, top line, which does allow us to consentrate on our blueline.

While Nutivaara fits, almost, everything JB wants in a defender (no physicality), I highly doubt Columbus has any interest in dealing him. 

With the cap projected to go up this offseason, Columbus brass has plenty room to re-sign him.

If anything, I see Columbus looking to add another vteran defenseman. It appears Jack Johnson is going to be wearing different colors next season, opening up space to add that veteran. 

Could be a great spot to send Guddy.

Erik Gudbranson for their 2nd 2018 and Sam Ruopp

Guddy is a great complimentary piece on a contender. 

Unfortunately, we are not that and won't be for a couple seasons yet. 

No way, on God's green Earth, does he net us a first, so my proposal is to get a pick they can afford and to fly under the radar looking for a diamond in the rough.

Ruopp comes with a lot of rough. He's big, mean, and is capable of putting up a few points. If there's a player worth taking a chance on, it's him. I can, easily, see him being, at least a bottom pairing defenseman which puts him, about, where Guddy is.

With our scouting department's ability to read talent in the middle rounds of the draft, having another second rounder would make me very happy.

I don’t mean to just qualify Brock 

i know now his value after next year will be north of 6

im thinking that two years at 4 to keep cap space while Eriksson plays out his contract, then looking to bump up Brock at that point to the 8 mil mark

other posters have however brought up a good argument for locking him up for 8 at the 5-6 million mark

22 hours ago, Wanless said:

I don’t mean to just qualify Brock 

i know now his value after next year will be north of 6

im thinking that two years at 4 to keep cap space while Eriksson plays out his contract, then looking to bump up Brock at that point to the 8 mil mark

other posters have however brought up a good argument for locking him up for 8 at the 5-6 million mark

Boeser seems to be a fair guy. 

I could see him at, around, Horvat's number. That would be great for both parties. 

Archived