The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What if the unthinkable actually occurs ...

22 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Kinda refutes all the chatter about how only teams who have top 3 picks win Cups (or get close).   Good coaching and strong sense of "team" can do wonders.   

Which of their players is BY FAR most responsible for their success?  Where was he drafted?  :lol:

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Which of their players is BY FAR most responsible for their success?  Where was he drafted?  :lol:

Yea they sure don’t have a Norris-caliber D-man which goes against the normal train of thought to win a cup. 

But having a great coach and a nhl level goalie who had one hell of a season and got hot for the playoffs is working. 

Just sucks that I’ve been waiting for a cup to come to BC for 28 years and it won’t be coming any time soon. Yet Vegas might get one in their 1st year.

On 3/19/2018 at 8:57 AM, Zhukini said:

Vegas is going to be near the bottom of the standings next season, it was a perfect storm this year, and It'll be interesting to see how their attendance is in 3 years

Vegas wins the cup, then cuts cap, nosedives and wins the lotto in successive years drafting Hughes ('19) and Lafreniere ('20), signs Doughty and Karlsson, and rebuilds in only 2 years to establish a dynasty?

:ph34r:

16 hours ago, Industrious1 said:

I think Vegas has had the right opponents in the playoffs as well which always helps.  Two slower and declining California teams and a nervous Jets squad that despite their record (in my opinion, go easy on me Jets bandwagoners) has been punching above their weight class.

If they ran into a team built like Tampa or Pittsburgh we could be having a much different conversation here.

They will destroy Tampa and win the cup.

Archived