The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Fans really want Melnyk out

I understand frustration when fans aren't happy, we've seen it here in Vancouver, whether it's on social media, or just the media in general, asking tough questions because you're not happy, but going as far as putting signs up all over your city to make a case, pretty crazy.

Look: #MelnykOut billboards appear across Ottawa

Displeased Ottawa Senators fans are making their voices heard across the city.

On Monday, four billboards emblazoned with #MelnykOut were unveiled across Ottawa, with one more set to go up April 2, per Tom Spears from The Ottawa Citizen.

Senators supporter Spencer Callaghan raised over $10,000 in a GoFundMe campaign to pay for the signs against club owner Eugene Melnyk, who has been in hot water with his fan base since hinting at the possibility of relocation at the NHL100 Classic in December.

Melnyk also made headlines this season by stepping in as team CEO, addressing fans in a letter about an impending rebuild, and tinkering with the once-unthinkable possibility of trading captain Erik Karlsson.

https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/1508487

11 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Whatever his faults....we should be thankful to have Aquaman as the owner instead of the Crappy Tire guy.

Yes. Whenever there is an article about how the owner is meddling, I look back to the McCaw times. Aquallini family is miles better than McCaw as an owner. It sucks to have a cheap owner. We've wasted WCE era thanks to a cheap owner.

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

#MelnykOut might mean #HelloQuebec 

that's not the worst scenario , i'd rather he sold , having him as your fav teams owner is punishment enough, i'd hate to see the fans punished a second and final time.

Funny thing is I've seen #Melnykout at Rogers Arena, Vegas, TO, etc.  I believe there was even a sign during a Canucks/Panthers game in Florida earlier in the year.  He deserves it after those comments during the winter classic or whatever its called these days. 

Whenever these guys hit it big they should record themselves a message from when they were still grounded, something along the lines of 'never be a tool, never forget what its like to not be wealthy.'

A little over the top IMHO. If the fans are gonna complain and put up billboards. Then advertise a movement for a new rink. That location is brutal. You can make do on weekends but for weekday working people and families it is too far. 

He absolutely deserves it.  Their GM has drafted pretty well but to have an owner too cheap to bother to ice an NHL team, in Canada of all places, and then rip the fans for not going to watch the abomination of a hockey team he forced Dorion to assemble...

Worst owner in sports.  Glad Sens fans are finally standing up for their team and putting pressure on this bum to so sell the team to someone who gives a damn about winning.  Usually this would be over the top but I wouldn't put up with Menyk as an owner either.

2 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Funny thing is I've seen #Melnykout at Rogers Arena, Vegas, TO, etc.  I believe there was even a sign during a Canucks/Panthers game in Florida earlier in the year.  He deserves it after those comments during the winter classic or whatever its called these days. 

Whenever these guys hit it big they should record themselves a message from when they were still grounded, something along the lines of 'never be a tool, never forget what its like to not be wealthy.'

Yeah, there was a #Melnykout tshirt besides the penalty box at a recent Canuck game (can't remember which one). 

Archived