The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Fans really want Melnyk out

4 hours ago, RRypien37 said:

lol people have WAY too much time on their hands if a sports team has that big of an influence on their life...

I disagree and think you're using an elitist stance.

Why are you on this forum so much complaining?

Imagine this board if Aquilini started to pull some Melnyk-esque moves and Canucks fans started acting this way. There would be a nonstop flood of posts about how the team deserves to move because the fanbase is just so bad.

Of course, we have those posts all the time already, but I imagine it would be a hundred times worse.

4 hours ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

The state of the Canucks, good or bad, 100% influences the way I spend my time and money (watch and buy more/less games).  Just like you.

Yes. Because you know me. I haven't watched a full Canuck's game in well over 1.5 years. 

4 hours ago, HerrDrFunk said:

You've made over 3000 posts on a sports team's forum.

In 4 years. Which equals about 2 posts per day. Most of which was done in the first year I had the account or random sporadic days. Not sure how this applies to people spending time and money on a BILLBOARD, but sure. 

30 minutes ago, RRypien37 said:

In 4 years. Which equals about 2 posts per day. Most of which was done in the first year I had the account or random sporadic days. Not sure how this applies to people spending time and money on a BILLBOARD, but sure. 

I can pretty much guarantee the time spent on a billboard was infinitesimal compared to the time you've spent more time on CDC. Plus, as it was crowdfunded, it's not like someone blew their savings on it. I mean, I have enough love for the Canucks to chip in a few bucks for a billboard if I thought it would help get Eriksson's contract moved. Don't you?

49 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

I can pretty much guarantee the time spent on a billboard was infinitesimal compared to the time you've spent more time on CDC. Plus, as it was crowdfunded, it's not like someone blew their savings on it. I mean, I have enough love for the Canucks to chip in a few bucks for a billboard if I thought it would help get Eriksson's contract moved. Don't you?

38 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

He's the worst owner in hockey, and given how he's treated his fanbase and likely some of his players he deserves it.

Wondering how much cash his own players kicked in for the billboards...

14 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Wondering how much cash his own players kicked in for the billboards...

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised. Wouldn't be surprised if a few ex-Sens were in on it too. I understand it's a business and you've got to make money but he's alienated his fanbase and given Ottawa's internal cap it makes it a challenge for any GM hired to be truly competitive. Ottawa fans deserve an owner who won't handcuff the team and spit in the face of it's fanbase the way Melnyk does. It's embarrassing that a team can unearth a gem like Karlsson but be too cheap to keep him, how long will a team continue to rebuild if it's never going to be willing to pay it's franchise players?

11 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised. Wouldn't be surprised if a few ex-Sens were in on it too. I understand it's a business and you've got to make money but he's alienated his fanbase and given Ottawa's internal cap it makes it a challenge for any GM hired to be truly competitive. Ottawa fans deserve an owner who won't handcuff the team and spit in the face of it's fanbase the way Melnyk does. It's embarrassing that a team can unearth a gem like Karlsson but be too cheap to keep him, how long will a team continue to rebuild if it's never going to be willing to pay it's franchise players?

It goes beyond the internal players' salary cap. Apparently the team is also understaffed and the Canadian Tire Centre is aging more quickly than it should because they doesn't want to pay the money required to maintain the building properly.

5 minutes ago, Brad Marchand said:

It goes beyond the internal players' salary cap. Apparently the team is also understaffed and the Canadian Tire Centre is aging more quickly than it should because they doesn't want to pay the money required to maintain the building properly.

Damn, I didn't know about those bits. He's shooting the organization in the foot if he's not even willing to maintain a building he'll inevitably have to repair or replace. He's a billionaire yet you've gotta wonder if he's billionaire enough to be able to afford an NHL team. It's not looking that way.

It'll be interesting to see if he fires back at these billboards. Things are gonna get really ugly in Ottawa these next few years.

Archived