The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Vancouver & Toronto- Draft Day Deal

10 hours ago, HockeydownUnder said:

Sedins are 2nd and 3rd in scoring on the Canucks. Not really sure where the hate for them comes from.

Also Toronto isn't moving Kadri. 30 goal scorer that is defensively sound, aggravates the other team, signed to a sweet contract? No way

It drives me nuts when I hear people say," who's going to replace the Sedins production?", but it's not about individual points, it's about team points and wins; tell me how the Sedins have helped this club in the past 3-4 years in that deptartment?- answer, they haven't. They do not help this club win!!!! and people get confused of what is and what once was. This team is not rebuilding until the Sedins and Edler are gone.

Kadri will be available, because the Leafs will sign Tavares.

If the Canucks sign Kane, and trade for Kadri, we'll have the makings of of very good top 6 (quick, physical and two legit 30-40 goal scorers), as include Petersson, Gaudette, and Dahlen.

Sutter centers the third line with Erikson and Virtanen, and you can see the possible depth taking shape.

This could be one of the most exciting off seasons for this club and it's fan base, as long as JB has his bleep together.

27 minutes ago, captaincowbasher said:

It drives me nuts when I hear people say," who's going to replace the Sedins production?", but it's not about individual points, it's about team points and wins; tell me how the Sedins have helped this club in the past 3-4 years in that deptartment?- answer, they haven't. They do not help this club win!!!! and people get confused of what is and what once was. This team is not rebuilding until the Sedins and Edler are gone.

Kadri will be available, because the Leafs will sign Tavares.

If the Canucks sign Kane, and trade for Kadri, we'll have the makings of of very good top 6 (quick, physical and two legit 30-40 goal scorers), as include Petersson, Gaudette, and Dahlen.

Sutter centers the third line with Erikson and Virtanen, and you can see the possible depth taking shape.

This could be one of the most exciting off seasons for this club and it's fan base, as long as JB has his bleep together.

I hate when people say who can replace McDavids production. It's not about individual points but team points and wins. Tell me how has McDavid helped the Oilers in that department.

See what I did there? You can't pin a teams failings on its star players. McDavid is arguably the best player in the league and the Oilers are going to finish near the bottom of the league for the 2nd time in 3 years. The Canucks are a bad team. They lack talent currently. Getting rid of the Sedins isn't going to magically fix that. Also pretty sure I can look at the Canucks prospect pool and see that they are rebuilding

As for the Leafs signing Tavares, did the salary cap just suddenly disappear? Because Tavares will get 12 million+ on his deal and Torontos big 3 are all going to be getting significant raises over the next 2 years. Kadri is actually signed to a sweet contract. If Toronto does want to sign Tavares, they should be holding onto players signed to cheap contracts.

If you are going to try to get Kadri, it is going to cost a lot. Tanev and another significant add such as Gaudette with a minor pick coming back from them would be the asking price

18 hours ago, GarthButcher5 said:

I'll put it this way......when you have something in your home that is old and doesn't work very well, do you keep using it or should you go out and find something that is newer and shinier and is capable of doing twice as much work? Depends if you are a hoarder r not I guess.

Bottom line is that most people in Vancouver knew all along and it became absolutely evident in about 2012 that Vancouver will never win a Stanley Cup with the Sedins as the best players on the team. I love sentimentality but in professional business you need to be able to but ties and move on from things that are no longer productive. 

Regarding the culture, this is one where you can always turn the other cheek, let the other team beat the sh*t out of you or even one of your team mates and think you can get them on the powerplay and win the game. In the West Coast Express days this team played tough tough hockey, the Sedins were young and seeed to skirt around the play in those days. Prior to that, the great team of 94 were even tougher and fun to watch, these guys never backed down from anyone and could elevate their game to run the other team out of the rink. 

I agree we need a change of culture, but it’s not like we have 2 20 year old guys ready to burst onto the scene and slot into the top 6 and put up 50-60 points, not quite yet anyway.  I’m dead set against going expensive free agent route 

Until some of the young guys are ready there’s no one really to replace them 

If we traded Tanev, Granlund, = 2nd for Kadri

and Baertchi, Hutton, Goldobin for Domi 

Kane Kadri Boeser 

Domi Horvat Pettersson 

Leipsic Gaudette Virtanen 

Archibald Motte Gagner 

Gaunce Eriksson 

Edler Gudbranson

Del Zotto Stetcher

Juolevi Pouliot 

Markstrom 

Bachman 

We need some bold additions like this to add grit to our top 6. 

Draft defence in 2018

Go for top line C in 2019

On 2018-03-28 at 9:23 PM, kenhodgejr said:

If we traded Tanev, Granlund, = 2nd for Kadri

and Baertchi, Hutton, Goldobin for Domi 

Kane Kadri Boeser 

Domi Horvat Pettersson 

Leipsic Gaudette Virtanen 

Archibald Motte Gagner 

Gaunce Eriksson 

Edler Gudbranson

Del Zotto Stetcher

Juolevi Pouliot 

Markstrom 

Bachman 

We need some bold additions like this to add grit to our top 6. 

Draft defence in 2018

Go for top line C in 2019

This is not TO but: Would adding Tyler Myers be considered bold?

One year left on his current deal and Trouba and Lainne coming up for new deals.

Might Winnipeg be interestad in getting assets for Myers rather than re-signing him?

Archived