The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) J.Carlson and W. Karlsson

Too many Carlson's/Karlsson's. :)

Karlsson is a RFA, so do you intend on trading for his rights?  Also, while he is having an *amazing* year, are we all certain he's going to keep up this pace?  Many of the Knights are overachieving right now for some reason.

Carlson, yes.  Absolutely would do that.  And 25 other teams in the league are thinking the same.

this makes 0.0.0.0 sense.  8 year deals?  Are you kidding?  Please look over the last 30 big free agent signings or big money signings for that matter.  Please let me know which of Ladd, Brouwer, Eriksson, Okoposo, Lucic has been a good deal?  How likely is the 8 year aspect to be an anchor on the team after year 4?

Genius!

2 minutes ago, CaptainLinden16 said:

this makes 0.0.0.0 sense.  8 year deals?  Are you kidding?  Please look over the last 30 big free agent signings or big money signings for that matter.  Please let me know which of Ladd, Brouwer, Eriksson, Okoposo, Lucic has been a good deal?  How likely is the 8 year aspect to be an anchor on the team after year 4?

Genius!

6 year deals Genius

1 minute ago, D-Money said:

1) William Karlsson is an RFA

2) I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest his 23.8% shooting percentage may be unsustainable

yes your right Karlsson is not avalible unless traded for or offer sheeted but we wont go there anyway just a thought   Tavares would be a better option.

Carlson + Karlsson = 16 M.

Sedins = 14 M.

The additional 2M might make the forwarders better.

If we put Carlson,  Karisson and Loui in the same line, which is 22 M.

I would like to use the cap for  more energy, young and rooms to grow players, rather than this 22M line in 6 years.

(Proposal) Do not sign any UFA's to contracts exceeding 3 years and/or $3mil / year.  If the Canucks haven't learned from the Gagner and Eriksson deals or every other bust UFA signing in the past few years then they deserved to be fired. 

#Winfromwithin

Archived