The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Vegas Golden Knights

-Vintage Canuck-

11 hours ago, gurn said:

You wanted someone other than Petterrson?

I don't get caught up in the clothes renting that goes on on CDC. I am happy to leave the choice up to the scouts and GM as I don't think we ever know who we have got until they come into the NHL.

That is nothing and everything to do with my views on "tanking" which imo is no guarantee of anything. The Oilers got McDavid and yet they still lose a lot of games. We got Boeser at 23, we might have picked Lawson Crouse at 11 if we had had a higher pick. Look at the teams that could have picked Lind - although granted we still don't know if his talent will transfer to the NHL.

4 hours ago, alfstonker said:

I don't get caught up in the clothes renting that goes on on CDC. I am happy to leave the choice up to the scouts and GM as I don't think we ever know who we have got until they come into the NHL.

That is nothing and everything to do with my views on "tanking" which imo is no guarantee of anything. The Oilers got McDavid and yet they still lose a lot of games. We got Boeser at 23, we might have picked Lawson Crouse at 11 if we had had a higher pick. Look at the teams that could have picked Lind - although granted we still don't know if his talent will transfer to the NHL.

"all that has happened is we have picked worse than our position."     ?

So this was a reference to "losing" the draft lottery?

12 hours ago, Crabcakes said:

Why on earth is Buffalo so bad still?  They picked 2 OA in 2 consecutive years:  2014 (Reinhart), 2015 (Eichel).  Inadequate D, broken culture?  They've missed the playoffs 6 consecutive years.  Not as bad as Edmonton's 10.

Yet many on CDC want to follow that exact pattern. Edmonton has even gone as far as giving away some those top picks and get one of the best players in the game and still have that "losing instinct". There are plenty of teams in that same mold: Arizona, Buffalo, Carolina, Florida, St.Louis, Columbus and NYI. As many would like to think that his is how to build a team, there is much more to it then that.

1 hour ago, EdgarM said:

Yet many on CDC want to follow that exact pattern. Edmonton has even gone as far as giving away some those top picks and get one of the best players in the game and still have that "losing instinct". There are plenty of teams in that same mold: Arizona, Buffalo, Carolina, Florida, St.Louis, Columbus and NYI. As many would like to think that his is how to build a team, there is much more to it then that.

Tough to find a Toews to lead a team out of the cellar. 

Find those guys and draft them; draft captains, not Naslunds and Sedins. 

18 hours ago, EdgarM said:

Hahaha! You crack me up buddy. You are constantly trying to prove me wrong. I think you have the fixation not me. :wacko: 

I put some quotes from other posters to refresh your memory so I am not the only one discussing them AND, actually you had brought up the teams(I think that includes the Sedins and their registered hits) had outhit the Knights 2-1.

So you like to respond to me about things from other posters and wonder why I find you to be a troll?   Really?!

1 hour ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Tough to find a Toews to lead a team out of the cellar. 

Find those guys and draft them; draft captains, not Naslunds and Sedins. 

Uh, even Toews isn't leading a team anywhere currently.   Given the talent that is on the Hawks and their relatively healthy year (save in net), one could argue their season has been far, far worse with far less leadership than your Canucks.

2 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

So you like to respond to me about things from other posters and wonder why I find you to be a troll?   Really?!

You said I brought up the Sedins cause you think I have a "hate on" for them. I was putting up quotes from other posters who had brought up the Sedins BEFORE I did. Let it go, seriously now your creeping me out. :rolleyes:

7 hours ago, EdgarM said:

Did you hear the interview with Sabres announcer Dan Dunleavy today on 1040?  You don't hear candid talk like this on the media very often.  

Says you can't just draft good players and expect to have a good team.  There's more to it than that.  He sounds like he wishes they had the leadership that the Canucks have.  

https://www.tsn.ca/radio/vancouver-1040-i-1410/dunleavy-when-you-accept-losing-to-become-better-it-comes-at-a-price-1.1035041

5 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Uh, even Toews isn't leading a team anywhere currently.   Given the talent that is on the Hawks and their relatively healthy year (save in net), one could argue their season has been far, far worse with far less leadership than your Canucks.

Perhaps, though I disagree, but I referenced a young Toews, leading a rebuild into a dynasty/powerhouse... that is the player type we need to find and draft. 

I did mean it as a current state. 

1 hour ago, Crabcakes said:

Did you hear the interview with Sabres announcer Dan Dunleavy today on 1040?  You don't hear candid talk like this on the media very often.  

Says you can't just draft good players and expect to have a good team.  There's more to it than that.  He sounds like he wishes they had the leadership that the Canucks have.  

https://www.tsn.ca/radio/vancouver-1040-i-1410/dunleavy-when-you-accept-losing-to-become-better-it-comes-at-a-price-1.1035041

They often picked the wrong kids.

Poor Buffalo fans, they are still a few drafts away too, but have been waiting longer. 

Nahhh, screw them, they’ve been the pretty sister too long anyways. 

5 hours ago, EdgarM said:

You said I brought up the Sedins cause you think I have a "hate on" for them. I was putting up quotes from other posters who had brought up the Sedins BEFORE I did. Let it go, seriously now your creeping me out. :rolleyes:

Stop talking about things in my posts that I have not said or even remotely mentioned in any way.   That is definition of stalking and it is indeed creepy.     If you want to hate on any player with anyone else, help yourself.   Put me on ignore please, or do I need a restraining order?

1 hour ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Perhaps, though I disagree, but I referenced a young Toews, leading a rebuild into a dynasty/powerhouse... that is the player type we need to find and draft. 

I did mean it as a current state. 

I think Horvat can be that player to a degree and Boeser most certainly to be honest.   There is also a fire in Gaudette though he certainly doesn't have the talent of Toews.

6 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Stop talking about things in my posts that I have not said or even remotely mentioned in any way.   That is definition of stalking and it is indeed creepy.     If you want to hate on any player with anyone else, help yourself.   Put me on ignore please, or do I need a restraining order?

Cookoo! Cookoo! :lol: Your embarrassing yourself dude people can just go back and read our previous posts. 

Archived